• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 singleplayer gameplay october 1st at 1PM PDT

wrongway

Yep, this looks like a singleplayer shooter alright.

I do like the concept of the intro having you step through a bunch of people who are invariably wiped out in utterly hopeless form though.

Seems like a cool prologue, but I'll be curious to see how the final game walks the line tonally. There's a point at which things could become too serious for them to really live up to. I'm all for them trying, though.

bounchfx

it almost looks like a joke right now Lol. It's gorgeous looking, but the RIP notes every time you die are fucking hilarious to me. cool concept though. Is there any Co Op in the SP Campaign?

Nemic77

Why do they always choose horriple players? He/she can't even aim properly. This is almost "Polygon playing Doom" levels of bad.

Anyway, game is looking good and the soundtrack sounds amazing so far.

The respawn mechanic where the current character dies and their name and birth/death shows up is pretty neat. This looks a lot more hectic than most recent shooters.

I'm going to assume that the names of the soldiers are made up... Using real ones would be really poignant and hard-hitting, but highly insensitive, no?

Lol that cringeworthy impatience on page one.

I never understand you guys, you tune in to a stream of something that you know will be on youtube within the next 30 minutes and then instead of just closing out and going on with your day until then...you bitch about it on the internet, you need it NOW! No boring talking! I need my fix!

Never change guys, never change.

bryanee

Well that didn't exactly make me want to play through the campaign. Having RIP pop up every time your character died was just annoying.

Nice visuals though.

Theorry

Graphics looks insane. And thats on Xbox One,

People that dying and switching is only for the prologue. They explained it before the gameplay.

Keasar

"We are the Allied forces. Seriously, fuck those Nazi bastards! (they were Nazis in WW1 right? right lets roll with that)"

Saw nothing indicating of playable Central Powers, disappointed really. :(

Compsiox

Banned

I never understand you guys, you tune in to a stream of something that you know will be on youtube within the next 30 minutes and then instead of just closing out and going on with your day until then...you bitch about it on the internet, you need it NOW! No boring talking! I need my fix!

We also know that E3 streams will be up afterwards :p

You're almost as bothered about it all as we are! Funny that.

I don't mind the talking, I was just worried they were going to show that cinematic and nothing else. Wouldn't have been the first time.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Bruh. O_O That cinematic looked amazing and was in-engine. DICE is putting in some insane work with Frostbite's renderer.

I do like the concept of the intro having you step through a bunch of people who are invariably wiped out in utterly hopeless form though.

Actually thought it was a fucking brilliant mechanic

Shit is pretty harrowing and i'm glad the campaign looks like it's doubling down on that.

R0nn

That's a really strong opening. Caught me off guard honestly. If the rest of the campaign hits this level, it could be one of the biggest surprises of the year.

Vidpixel

"We are the Allied forces. Seriously, fuck those Nazi bastards! (they were Nazis in WW1 right? right lets roll with that)"

Saw nothing indicating of playable Central Powers, disappointed really. :(

I really didn't get that vibe, like, at all from the prologue gameplay, especially with that ending scene...

Keasar

Not watching yet but is that seriously the vibe?

Terrible.

I really didn't get that vibe, like, at all from the prologue gameplay, especially with that ending scene...

They had that clip from the trailer of the two soldiers aiming at each other then lowering their weapons, but then they had a montage of the "War Stories" and all of them were from the Allied Entente forces point of view. Nothing indicated that this is gonna be a two sided story.

packy34

Really cool concept of having the player character overwhelmed and die, like they likely would in that situation, instead of just putting you in control of a super soldier like usual. I'm sure the rest of the game will conflict with the prologue, but I thought that was pretty cool.

Only thing bad about the presentation was the Xbox One performance... yikes.

Sou Da

They had that clip from the trailer of the two soldiers aiming at each other then lowering their weapons, but then they had a montage of the War Stories and all of them were from the Allied Entente forces point of view. Nothing indicated that this is gonna be a two sided story.

How'd you take that as a "fuck the other side" view?

Nekrono

I have to say that looked pretty damn good, getting my hopes up for the SP. In the end everything is gonna come down to the setpieces and the environments, combat/graphics/audio look good.

The lack of SP showings at least until now is a bit worrying since there's only like 3 weeks left for the release but hey same thing happened with Doom and it turned out being the best SP campaign in years.

Really cool concept of having the player character overwhelmed and die, like they likely would in that situation, instead of just putting you in control of a super soldier like usual. I'm sure the rest of the game will conflict with the prologue, but I thought that was pretty cool.

Only thing bad about the presentation was the Xbox One performance... yikes.

I think it was the stream, not the XB1's performance

Not watching yet but is that seriously the vibe?

Terrible.

I like the idea of the prologue, changing to a different soldier everytime you die. Whoever is playing is meh.Besides that it doesn't show much besides a cutscene Multiplayer should be the MAIN reason you buy Battlefield 1. Single Player is an extra still.

COD's campaign looks better for now. This is so cringe.

Yeah, they could've really made this perma death mechanic into a neat innovative campaign. A mechanic that would actually be respectful to the conflict, but instead it's little more than window dressing for the hammy story that is to follow.

A shame really.

Top Bottom