• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Sweden has huge immigration problems. Sweden: No we don't, USA pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Trump heard it from a very, reliable source.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden.

Kadin

Has he ever publicly admitted being wrong and apologized? Does this ability reside within him at all?

NYR

My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden.
lol, this fucking idiot is using cable news to define his policy agenda.

-__- plllllsssssss

Boke1879

I really had to go on twitter and see if it was real. Holy shit dude.

Numb

Somebody take away this fucker's TV and internet connection

MightyKAC

When did it become such a bad thing to call lies, lies?

It's not a "questionable" comment or a "baffling" statement.

It's unequivocally and demonstrably fucking bullshit and our news organizations need to call it out as such.

Ferrio

Banned
I found it scary before that Trump watches Fox news and *believes* it, but now it's clear he watches Fox news and can't even remember/understand what they're saying.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Removing any TV from White House should be US number 1 security concern.

I genuinely think he is doing it VERY deliberately. Once or twice it might be a mistake or bad information. But they way they keep plugging away at these made up terror attacks and immigration issues really seems like they are doing it hoping that there is a terror attack in the USA at some point and they have all the justification you need.

Haunted

:lol

Another very public embarrassment for the US.

"Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound," former Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt wrote on Twitter.

Other Swedes mocked Trump's remark on Twitter using the hashtag #LastNightInSweden, posting pictures of reindeer, Swedish meatballs and people assembling the country's famous IKEA furniture.
Ouch!

How long until he starts with actual Ancient Alien theories?

...actually, do you think if there really was Area 51 Alien conspiracies they'd even tell Trump? He'd be the first to let it slip out. Trump would be all over spilling that shit for even more notoriety.

He probably heard it from a guest on Fox News. Just yesterday, there was an author who claimed Obama was running a shadow government to undermine the nation. Hosts of course just nodded.

I give it a few weeks before Trump says it himself as it's quite clear the POTUS gets his information from far right media.

Lol, I made my comment without even seeing this. So predictable.

Slaythe

holy fuck, in the original thread, it asked the question "where did he hear that" and the first post or second post said "just check what foxnews said 15 minutes before his speech I'm sure that was it".

JFC

NimbusD

Has he ever publicly admitted being wrong and apologized? Does this ability reside within him at all?
The only time was when he was first given access to classified info and very obviously started tweeting about it. There was speculation it was about classified info since no one knew WTF he was talking about. He immediately backtracked which made it super obvious that it really was serious that we was talking about that shit, because it's literally the only time he said he was mistaken about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom