• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Sweden has huge immigration problems. Sweden: No we don't, USA pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

.JayZii

Banned
When did it become such a bad thing to call lies, lies?

It's not a "questionable" comment or a "baffling" statement.

It's unequivocally and demonstrably fucking bullshit and our news organizations need to call it out as such.
It's weird, isn't it? Why news organizations are going "'Lies' sounds so harsh, what's a more politically correct way of saying this?", is baffling to me. I guess to cover their asses in case someone can come along and spin his statements well enough to make them sounds true, but come on.

Gleethor

He heard it from a reliable source. What's he supposed to do guys, fact check things before making definitive claims about it? Something something electoral landslide

Kadin

How is that throwing Fox News under the bus? he's not saying he or they are wrong, he's just saying where he got it from.
He's implying the data he was given was wrong and Fox News was the source of it. That's my take from it at least.

Boke1879

How is that throwing Fox News under the bus? he's not saying he or they are wrong, he's just saying where he got it from.

He's at least putting responsibility on them. "it it wasn't for their reporting I wouldn't have said it."

His punk ass needs to take responsibility.

Toth

But it's the media so it's fake news so....why is he believing it? His 'message' is all over the place!

chadskin

Trump heard it from a very, reliable source.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden.

tumblr_okwvjbHLda1r83d7lo9_500.gif

When did it become such a bad thing to call lies, lies?

It's not a "questionable" comment or a "baffling" statement.

It's unequivocally and demonstrably fucking bullshit and our news organizations need to call it out as such.

I'd argue that it makes him sound worse though. Lying implies intent.

This is just him gaining a false interpretation from a Fox News segment.

How worrying is that? The guy who decries the fake media has been played by them.

Lying implies its a planned thing, which gives him credit almost for concocting a planned piece of disinformation.

Oriel

Whenever Sweden is mentioned on YT, Twitter, Facebook, etc, no matter what the subject is there will ALWAYS be some demented Alt-Right trolls popping up and rant about "rapefugees" and the "end of white people" or some such shit. It's like Pavlovian conditioning with these fuckwits, the mere mention of the country Sweden sends these lot into a frenzy. Bizarre really.

But it's the media so it's fake news so....why is he believing it? His 'message' is all over the place!

To be fair, he has never placed Fox News in the fake news category. I'm sure that'll change especially after the exchange Preibus and had with Chris Wallace this morning.

Bold One

Whenever Sweden is mentioned on YT, Twitter, Facebook, etc, no matter what the subject is there will ALWAYS be some demented Alt-Right trolls popping up and rant about "rapefugees" and the "end of white people" or some such shit. It's like Pavlovian conditioning with these fuckwits, the mere mention of the country Sweden sends these lot into a frenzy. Bizarre really.

Well, Sweden has a reputation of having God's own blonde-haired, blue-eyed super Aryans.

any threat to that is a threat to whiteness everywhere don't you know

Likelihood of him turning on Fox News now that he's been embarrassed internationally?

I wonder what's going to happen when he's expended all of his sources.
Can't trust CNN, fake. Can't trust other outlets, fake.
Can't trust Fox anymore.

He'll find whoever hasn't been blasting him, roll with that... until they cross him or cause something like this.

Can't trust Fox anymore.

He'll find whoever hasn't been blasting him, roll with that... until they cross him or cause something like this.

Breitbart will become the national broadcaster, paid for by the taxpayer.

Shoeless

Can't trust Fox anymore.

I guess the irony of all this is that if all the big news outlets, including Fox at some point, end up as untrustworthy, then all the "real news" outlets that don't actually have armadas of anonymous sources, reporters, and the budget to send journalists to different parts of the world to report on current events will have to WAIT for the fake news outlets to start reporting their stories before they can start telling the "truth."

Which, for some Americans will create a cycle of "So CNN just had that fake story that we invaded Iran. Can't wait for the real news tomorrow or next week to tell us the truth of what's going on down there."

riotous

Banned
There wasn't really a "story" about it on Fox News; just a right-wing dingbat being interviewed making the claim that "Swedish government is covering up crime stats by immigrants."

Not to defend Fox, because they give people like that a platform, but they have improved somewhat over the last few years. 8 years ago they'd have thrown a fake pie chart up with the "fact" being spewed.

Fox News' bullshit undermining the POTUS, who in turn blames Fox for giving inaccurate information. Meanwhile, CNN's fake news continues.

You couldn't write this. You would have had your thread locked on GAF this time last year if you suggested it.

FuturusX

The real story here is why is Fox News misleading The President. We need to shut down Fox News now.Send in the National Guard.

Of course Trump thinks that, thats what Breitbart has been touting for months or even years. "Sweden the rape capital of the world".

If you want to know about the next dumb thing Trump is about to say, just read Breitbart and Infowars. Whatever insane headlines they come up, you can be sure Trump will work it into some of his ramblings sometime soon.

Sou Da

I'm very certain this was said partially to pander to those types.

rpg_fan

He's not speaking to Sweden, and frankly they don't matter to him. The people he IS speaking to will believe him with no proof. Has nothing to do with Sweden, they just happened to be today's prop. Orangenecks don't care about foreigners, and won't doubt him.

Nightbird

We live in a time where the US president prefers getting his news from cable TV instead from, y'know, those with the actual information around him.

It's incredible

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think Trump is worried about the fact than anybody grabbing somebody by the pussy in Sweden will very likely be reported to the police.

Sakujou

Banned
the immigration is not the problem, the INTEGRATION is the problem. in general in all countries.
and now, its not the fault of one side, its the fault of everyone who tries to point figures at anyone.

there is enough space for everyone to live in peace and without conflicts.

@trump:lol

4chan and whoever, keep supporting the downfall of the system :/

There wasn't really a "story" about it on Fox News; just a right-wing dingbat being interviewed making the claim that "Swedish government is covering up crime stats by immigrants."

Not to defend Fox, because they give people like that a platform, but they have improved somewhat over the last few years. 8 years ago they'd have thrown a fake pie chart up with the "fact" being spewed.

If I remember correctly there was some controversy one year ago about the cover-up of sexual abuse at a music festival in Sweden, maybe he was referencing that story?

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35285086

There are several Swedish people who would agree with him tbh.

Isn't it something the alt right are jumping on recently?

I know there's something floating around about rape statistics (which I understand to be more based around the classification of the crime than any specific jump)

There's also the police officer who claimed something like 9/10 people he deals with are non native. I believe he's being investigated now though.

I'm not posting the above to say there are problems at all, but it was something that came to mind.

LordOfChaos

I feel like he read Sehwan, Pakistan, on the teleprompter, which did have a terrorist attack. But then between not being able to pronounce it, and attacks on a brown country weakening his point, he read Sweden?

Or maybe I should just stop trying to understand.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
He's not speaking to Sweden, and frankly they don't matter to him. The people he IS speaking to will believe him with no proof. Has nothing to do with Sweden, they just happened to be today's prop. Orangenecks don't care about foreigners, and won't doubt him.

I fucking hate that my country is used as a fucking piece in whatever sick game he's playing. I hope our politicians feel the same way and make that clear tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom