• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Youth intentionally triggered a seizure in Kurt Eichenwald, then gloated

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be if it was two regular people on a bus. Eichenwald isn't a regular person. He's a high profile liberal politico with a massive outlet he's used in absurd ways. I don't think it's cool to bully anybody, but Eichenwald presents HIMSELF as an alphamale bully toward the left in print.

In fiction, when a bully gets confronted, the audience cheers. In a similar way, I found his wife posting on his twitter kind of hilarious. But if you share his political biases, you're not going to see him as a bully and thus think it's a question of "basic human decency". There's no way I'm going to talk you out of that perspective, so I didn't intend to respond.

So enemy of my enemy is my friend it is.

Glad you think his wife having to cope with her husband suffering a seizure because of assholes on the internet kind of hilarious.

Tarydax

Banned
It would be if it was two regular people on a bus. Eichenwald isn't a regular person. He's a high profile liberal politico with a massive outlet he's used in absurd ways. I don't think it's cool to bully anybody, but Eichenwald presents HIMSELF as an alphamale bully toward the left in print.

In fiction, when a bully gets confronted, the audience cheers. In a similar way, I found his wife posting on his twitter kind of hilarious. But if you share his political biases, you're not going to see him as a bully and thus think it's a question of "basic human decency". There's no way I'm going to talk you out of that perspective, so I didn't intend to respond.

"I don't think it's cool to bully people, but when it happens, it's hilarious!"

Ponn

Banned
Normal peoples opinion of Twitter and Facebook are hitting rock bottom these days I guess.

Can we move to a new internet and leave the idiots behind on this one.

I honestly partially blame Twitter and Facebook for the Trump win and the overall alt-right movements rise and enabling. It should be burnt to the ground.

Ogodei

I hope some form of karma reaches every single one of these vile, disgusting sacks of trash.

Doubtful, because they keep hiding behind their keyboards. Cowards, the lot of them, who'd best hope they never do wander out of their bedrooms and into a world where their actions have consequences.

SL128

Good news is that Twitter has started suspending some of the accounts (including the first), but the bad news is that so many more remain, and they seem to be ignoring the anti-semitic abuse and general harassment.

Veitsev

You are despicable.

rpmurphy

You're right, I shouldn't have responded.
You should probably look at yourself in the mirror since you think it's normal that you found his wife's post about him having a seizure "hilarious", amongst many other aspects of this targeted attack on an epileptic man that you probably also found gleefully amusing. No one here's laughing but you, dude.

Police should arrest every single person behind the Twitter accounts sending seizure GIFs. That's what they would do in UK, pronto.

Even bullies deserve empathy. Yes he does tend to talk shit and go overboard in talking to people. Maybe consider his circumstances and why that is. You're sitting there literally celebrating and laughing at another person having suffered a seizure, induced by hateful trolling.

There's no perspective to talk me out of thats tied to and political bias. Theres no politics at all in this discussion. You're just a shitty, hateful person. That's my perspective.

jiggle

Nasty

Kurt Eichenwald became one of the few reporters I know by name because of his excellent work in Newsweek exposing Trump controversies, I hope he's ok and the person responsible are held accountable.

A seizure can literally be life threatening depending on what the person is doing. How the fuck are you talking about him being mean to Bernie people when someone intentionally provoked a medical emergency emcy in him. Fuck off

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'm glad that he is OK. I hope the person responsible is held to account.

People can be so cruel. It is so disgusting/sad. I can't speak for anyone else but at times I kind of just wish we could give these people some states and let them secede so they can have their capitalist white nationalist utopia and leave the rest of us the fuck alone. We are being held back because of people like them. I know that's not the solution but damn if the thought hasn't crossed my mind.

SL128

It's been 4 hours.

Are any of these shitstains on humanity banned yet?

At least one has been banned, and I suspect others have been as well since there used to be a lot more flashing images. It's definitely not something anyone would notice bans without having seen it before, though :/

Buckle

I really continue to be amazed at how adamant places like Twitter and Reddit are that these kind of people need a place to have their voice heard as their service burns down all around them.

jstripes

Banned
It's distressing how the internet has popularized and enabled sociopathy as much as it has.

Nah, these idiots have always been around. They simply used to be ostracized and socially isolated. The internet, and social media in particular, just allowed them to inject themselves en masse into the common discussion.

Yesterday's loser who no one wants to each lunch with now has a gigantic table with thousands of other like-minded losers to sit with.

Kurt is one of my favorite people on Twitter and it's disheartening that this kind of open harassment is becoming more and more normalized. Goddamn.

Nah, these idiots have always been around. They simply used to be ostracized and socially isolated. The internet, and social media in particular, just allowed them to inject themselves en masse into the common discussion.

Yesterday's loser who no one wants to each lunch with now has a gigantic table with thousands of other like-minded losers to sit with.
if it's any consolation, their redpill attitudes have led to the situation where 80% of them will never have a chance to have kids and pass on their garbage opinions

if it's any consolation, their redpill attitudes have led to the situation where 80% of them will never have a chance to have kids and pass on their garbage opinions

Nah, Trump proves there are enough women without backbones who will put up with a misogynist for a husband or president. The self-loathing of others can get you far in life.

Rayis

The day we normalize this kind of disgusting behavior and even protect it as "freedom of speech" is the day humanity has failed, we're one step closer to this with Donald Trump as president-elect.

Can't believe someone found it funny that a person had a seizure and acted like they deserved it because the one having the seizure hurt their feefees.

Caderfix

Wow at those "edgy" tweets saying that it's funny e had a seizure, that he's lying about it, that it's his/his wife's fault for not disabling GIFs or for being on twitter and a bunch of stupid "dank meme are awesome" posts.

This is disgusting.

hobozero

Wow, Adam Baldwin going all in after Kurt in Twitter replies. What a complete piece of shit.

FIHcfWi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom