• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGleaks: Orbis Unveiled! [Updated]

npm0925

I'm not too familiar with Dragon Ball Z. Can someone rank the power of the Wii U, Durango, and Orbis in terms of Tolkien's Middle Earth? Thank you.

Man, I am so fucking PUMPED for PS4 1st party games and its exclusives. Just thinking about Killzone 4, Uncharted 4, Motorstorm 4, God of War 4 and Jenova Chen 4 is making me giddy with excitement. :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
depressing poor specs "upgrade" after almost 8 years. sony doing a Wii1.5

maybe sony is too poor lol or their hands are tied with the gimmicky camera/lcd screen... specs value wise, wont pay anything above $299 for it.

I remember the studio who made Killzone E3 CGI video commented that it can be done realtime in a few years time with next gen consoles...that was assuming the same pace of development.

killzone4.jpg

Doubt this can be achieve any soon. Orbis still retains the 2 tessellation units from GCN.

BF3 on PC looks close to that and that game runs really well on even mid range PC's. Expect that detail and that's me being conservative.

longdi

Banned
Good grief, that CGI trailer looks so ugly. The only thing it was good at was visual in a technical standpoint e.g. flame, clouds, fluidity, etc; most (all?) of which has been met by a lot of games. Everything else was ugly about it.

the models have a lot of polygons.
i dont think even crysis 3 models come close.

Jack_AG

Banned
I'm only in here once to say two things:

1) Red flags - its not a "leak" as much as it is doing an internet roundup.
2) When Kaz answers his phone... does he say "Go for Kaz!"?

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm not too familiar with Dragon Ball Z. Can someone rank the power of the Wii U, Durango, and Orbis in terms of Tolkien's Middle Earth? Thank you.

Wii U: The Hobbit
Orbis: Fellowship of the Ring
Durango: Return of the King

I know I ranked these wrong lol.

nib95

Banned
I remember the studio who made Killzone E3 CGI video commented that it can be done realtime in a few years time with next gen consoles...that was assuming the same pace of development.

killzone4.jpg

Doubt this can be achieve any soon. Orbis still retains the 2 tessellation units from GCN.

killzone3_646vewz.jpg

killzone3_63viexn.jpg

killzone3_47v4y9r1.png

24.jpg

22.jpg

29.jpg

MaulerX

That is close. MEGATON?

Not surprising. Orbis GPU hardware balanced to 14CU said a lot. It will probably never come close to the theoretical 1.8Tflops (assuming it was calculated with all 18CU in mind). If Durango is efficient enough to come close to it's theoretical 1.2Tflops then the Orbis gets the slight edge (from what we know so far). Wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way around though...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Man, I am so fucking PUMPED for PS4 1st party games and its exclusives. Just thinking about Killzone 4, Uncharted 4, Motorstorm 4, God of War 4 and Jenova Chen 4 is making me giddy with excitement. :)

While I do share your enthusiasm for the next Playstation, I genuinely hope that I get to play some new games/IPs before I die from the inside from franchise fatigue.

longdi

Banned
BF3 on PC looks close to that and that game runs really well on even mid range PC's. Expect that detail and that's me being conservative.

i run BF3 at max graphics settings sans 2xAA, and the model details are not even close.
i would say BF3 geometry details are pretty conservative, held back by PS3/360.

Sorc3r3r

Ahah this is fun:

Orbis: Gandalf the White
Durango: Gandalf the Grey
Wii U: Wormtongue

XD

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
i run BF3 at max graphics settings sans 2xAA, and the model details are not even close.
i would say BF3 geometry details are pretty conservative, held back by PS3/360.

That's the main downfall. I'm being conservative when I tell you that a game that looks like that (and better) won't be the anomaly but more of the norm. At least with AAA games.

It really doesn't.

I said close for a reason. I'm not putting myself to dry and say it meets it :p

I think Sony's 1st party efforts will be stunning but that's only from talking to certain people.

kpjolee

depressing poor specs "upgrade" after almost 8 years. sony doing a Wii1.5

maybe sony is too poor lol or their hands are tied with the gimmicky camera/lcd screen... specs value wise, wont pay anything above $299 for it.

killzone4.jpg

Oh Please..Orbis/Durango will be capable of putting out much better visuals than that, seriously.

the models have a lot of polygons.
i dont think even crysis 3 models come close.

What are you smoking.

That killzone CGI looked amazing in 2005, it is less than inspiring now.
Crysis 3 destroys that image in poly-count, image quality, and shader effects.

*you are trolling us... right?

thuway

shucks they downgraded the gddr5....
sony planning to sell this for $399 and turn a profit with the first-second games bought? i see no problem hitting $399, the specs are not impressive. by the time PS4 launches, i believe high end gaming laptop will surpass the performance with ease...
too conservative, should have built for $499. people pay for ipads at a higher price.

I am baffled by the stealth trolling you have in EVERY Sony thread. You are absolutely daft to think 176 GB/S of 4 GB of RAM is bad. At this bandwith, you are allowed to access 3 GB of DATA per frame. 192 GB/S is overkill, and hot.

The specs not being impressive part is hilarious. If you want to move over to the side of the fence which is PC gaming, make sure to tell us what 200 + watts can offer in a desktop plate.

Limanima

Everything sounds amazing with the exception that I think there should be 6-8GB total RAM instead of 4.

Maybe there will be no need for more RAM if there's enough speed for streaming. Maybe that's why they are putting GDDR5. I don't know...

No much new info here, just a confirmation of what we already knew. We seem to have all the info about the hardware specs.
Now I want leaks about:

-Details about that dual camera
-How is the new DualShock
-Services
-Games

There's a high chance that they're just using him as the source, they're not confirming anything.
(I'm not saying he's wrong but that this vgleak article seems fabricated, if Kotaku posted it, we would be all bashing them for stealing rumors from GAF and turning them into articles/editorials).

It's possible but I hope they have their own source

Reiko

Banned
What are you smoking.

That killzone CGI looked amazing in 2005, it is less than inspiring now.
Crysis 3 destroys that image in poly-count, image quality, and shader effects.

*you are trolling us... right?

Parts of that video destroys Crysis 3 in screen complexity since it's fucking CG. lol

Also the obvious. That CG render has better animations than Crysis 3.

spwolf

I disagree. $500 for a DS4, 2 Move+1 Eye, large HDD and a game is a package a fair amount of people will go for.

This is how I see it going:

$350: Base model - PS4, DS4, 250gb HDD, 1 month PS+
$400: + Model - PS4, 1-2 DS4, 500gb HDD, 1 year PS+, PS Store credit $10-25
$450: Move Model - PS4, DS4, 1 Move+PSEYE, $250gb HDD, 1yr PS+, Move Game, PS Store credit $10-25
$500: Premium Model - PS4, 1-2 DS4, 2 Move+PSEye, 750gb HDD, 1yr PS+, 1 PS4 game, PS Store credit $25+

it probably will be $499 realistically, or $399 if they want to heavily subsidize it. If premium PS3 500 GB SKU is still $299....

ypo

I don't think it's that simple. We just can't say "176GB/s is better 68GB/s"? That's like ignoring Durango's 32MB eSRAM's 102GB/s and DME's. Those things considered, at the end Orbis will have an edge in bandwidth but imh I think Durangos edge in RAM volume will prove more advantageous than Orbis's edge in bandwidth.

Games will still need access to the slow DDR3 often. Even with the esram it's still about 75% slower than DDR5. The esram doesn't magically negates the DDR3 bandwidth. So you can't just look at the esram and say Durango's got 102GB of memory bandwidth.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It's going to be $499 and €499. Mark my words, based on nothing other than my magic eightball over here.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Parts of that video destroys Crysis 3 in screen complexity since it's fucking CG. lol

Also the obvious. That CG render has better animations than Crysis 3.

Especially the very beginning with the transports flying through the clouds. I've yet to see any game match that besides KZ2 coming very close.

The Lamp

Perfect. The tech I want is all there. No stupid brainless omissions like the Wii U's lack of optical out lol.

Saving my money....

I disagree. $500 for a DS4, 2 Move+1 Eye, large HDD and a game is a package a fair amount of people will go for.

This is how I see it going:

$350: Base model - PS4, DS4, 250gb HDD, 1 month PS+
$400: + Model - PS4, 1-2 DS4, 500gb HDD, 1 year PS+, PS Store credit $10-25
$450: Move Model - PS4, DS4, 1 Move+PSEYE, $250gb HDD, 1yr PS+, Move Game, PS Store credit $10-25
$500: Premium Model - PS4, 1-2 DS4, 2 Move+PSEye, 750gb HDD, 1yr PS+, 1 PS4 game, PS Store credit $25+

they won't pack both store credit and plus into the console and they certainly won't pack a years sub into plus either. 3 months is your best best.

Complaining about the amount of RAM is crazy. If the PS3 can do Uncharted with 256MB of RAM, I can't even think off a well optimized game that uses 3.5 GB of faster RAM. It's all about streaming nowadays, so the amount is totally sufficient for awesome looking textures etc.

Top Bottom