• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus PC performance thread

It stopped working unless I updated the nvidia drivers. Now there's a weird microstutter. Before it was a locked 60 fps.

Anyone else have the same issue?

I've got a sli 1080 ti setup.

Md Ray

I'm in
Manhattan
level and so far, so good. Running at 1440p, custom settings (a mix of Ultra-High & Med shadows), on GTX 970/3rd gen i5. Getting mostly 60+fps, with dips to 50s only in combat. I'm also using Adaptive res scaling to help with perf. Very impressed.

I'm in
Manhattan
level and so far, so good. Running at 1440p, custom settings (a mix of Ultra-High & Med shadows), on GTX 970/3rd gen i5. Getting mostly 60+fps, with dips to 50s only in combat. I'm also using Adaptive res scaling to help with perf. Very impressed.

Try lowering texture related settings, it might give you better performance.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just posting this here so I can link to it in the OP:

Mullet2000 said:
Well I fixed G-sync not working at least.

Go to Nvidia control panel, manage 3d settings, and add Wolf2 as a specific program. Then go to monitor technology and force gsync. "Default (gsync)" won't work, straight up select "gsync" to force it.

1080p at maximum. Hovers from 132 to 189 frames

GTX 1070 Asus - Factory Overclock
I5 7600K - Stock
8 Gb DDR4 at 2666 Mhz

I'm so happy I finally upgraded my PC.

I'm also sold on the 144hz experience with my monitor. Sadly I'm not able to enjoy Freesync since I went to the Green Side.

Just out of curiosity, is anybody on the AMD side having as hard-core of issues as the Nvidia side is? Because, considering that the game is AMD sponsored, and most of the issues I've seen players having are on Nvidia cards, I'm wondering if we're experiencing the same thing AMD players have been experiencing when a game is an Nvidia "The Way It's Meant to be Played" title; they only did any massive testing on one side and really only tested to see if the game would boot on the other.

dr_rus

Just out of curiosity, is anybody on the AMD side having as hard-core of issues as the Nvidia side is? Because, considering that the game is AMD sponsored, and most of the issues I've seen players having are on Nvidia cards, I'm wondering if we're experiencing the same thing AMD players have been experiencing when a game is an Nvidia "The Way It's Meant to be Played" title; they only did any massive testing on one side and really only tested to see if the game would boot on the other.

Can't remember any game from NV's program for the recent several years which would run worse on AMD than on NV. Slower sure, worse as in with loads of stability issues present only on AMD cards - can you give an example?

IMACOMPUTA

Is there a workaround to get Vsync working in 4k? This game tears worse than any other game I've seen. The image is completely split in half at all times. It's NUTS.

I tried that and my TV wouldn't display it.
Samsung KS8000

I've just got round to playing and I'm also completely baffled by the awful tearing in 4K on PC, it's a joke! My LGE6 will display the custom resolution but only in RGB 8bit. The problem with this resolution "fix" is that any dark textures get a white static over them and it is just as annoying as the tearing.

The best solution I have found (and it is still far from perfect) is to disable VSync in the game and switch VSync to "Fast" in Nvidia Control panel.

I can‘t understand why the devs haven't patched this yet?

Bumping an old thread, but is there a way to actually get adaptive resolution working? On my GTX 1070 and i7 4770K system, no matter what config settings I fuck about with, adaptive resolution actually never seems to engage.

Top Bottom