• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 Elite Controller ($150)

Caayn

Looks like business as usual with MS in Europe.... Ah well, this way it makes it easier to wait for a price drop or a good deal before I scoop in and buy it.

Bgamer90

Banned
RHxwXPf.jpg

VOgihbr.gif

You made me come very close to laughing out loud in public.

Crumbtiny

My hopes of being able to walk in somewhere (after work) tomorrow and find one are quickly diminishing. A buddy of mine works at Best Buy and said they are receiving 4 and those are for preorders.

Lots of Targets and Best Buys around me, but I'm curious if it'll be the same story all over.

Curious to see if people have luck finding them without a preorder. Oh well, hopefully they don't take super long to restock.

Asked my friend who works at Best Buy to check their stock for me and see if they will have any for sale. His response? "Yo the green or silver one?" He's talking about the Halo controller...trying to get employees of stores to know what you're talking about when you call around is going to be a struggle.

finalflame

Asked my friend who works at Best Buy to check their stock for me and see if they will have any for sale. His response? "Yo the green or silver one?" He's talking about the Halo controller...trying to get employees of stores to know what you're talking about when you call around is going to be a struggle.

Yah I imagine this will be the case for all the big box stores. Employees are for the most part entirely ignorant about anything gaming related, outside of GameStop. I will try to call GameStop to check stock and then if they tell me there won't be any more allotment bother the people at WalMart about exactly what I'm looking for at midnight.

Crumbtiny

Lol. I tried to call a Target and a Sears. I didn't even get that far.

My Best Buy is saying they won't have it in store until tomorrow. Do they usually get the truck for Tuesday's release the day of? Hmm is gamer unlocked worth this rubbish . I will have to make two trips or wait Halo until tomorrow.

My hopes of being able to walk in somewhere (after work) tomorrow and find one are quickly diminishing. A buddy of mine works at Best Buy and said they are receiving 4 and those are for preorders.

Lots of Targets and Best Buys around me, but I'm curious if it'll be the same story all over.

Curious to see if people have luck finding them without a preorder. Oh well, hopefully they don't take super long to restock.

I was going to wait on this controller but my scuf one broke last night (left paddle is dead for the third time). I'm gonna try my luck at a couple targets and best buys in my area tomorrow. I'm not gonna get my hopes up but I'm weak and want to play halo with this controller.

I also just bought a ps4 scuf this will be an expensive month for controllers if I can find an elite.

ShutterMunster

22514798651_e3abd43746_c.jpg

Played with this thing today. VERY COOL. It's just not $150 dollars cool. If it were $100, I'd jump on it. I really dug the long concave sticks and the trigger travel locks. It feels very solid.

finalflame

22514798651_e3abd43746_c.jpg

Played with this thing today. VERY COOL. It's just not $150 dollars cool. If it were $100, I'd jump on it. I really dug the long concave sticks and the trigger travel locks. It feels very solid.

Where at? I agree that $100 would be the "no-brainer" price point for me. The $50 feels like pointless premium markup. But I'll be damned if I'm not gonna pay it if I can find one.

KevinG

Got a tracking number from GameStop today, expected delivery tomorrow... Except it's 7 PM and UPS has yet to actually pick up the package. It's still just a label printed and package ready for pick up.

Getting annoyed again.

The Flash

Banned
I'll give the PMs a few more minutes. If nothing happens, I'll just post it.

EDIT:

Alrighty then. I proof read it the best I could. Here goes nothing.

I hope there's a few more people with the same mindset as some in this thread thinking $150 is too much for a controller so I can slide into a store tomorrow and snag one.

DirtyLarry

I am sure the answer to this is a resounding no, but is there anywhere one can still pick up one of these fuckers? I have succumb to the hype.

Drain You

Anyone having issues getting their microphone to work with this controller? I can hear out of it I just can't talk through it. Using the word microsoft steroids headset and controller says no updates available.

Top Bottom