• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 Elite Controller ($150)

Pachimari

Crap, so if they have tried and charge my card and my card have declined them, that means I won't get the item until the next batch of controllers? Or have they put it aside until I can pay it?

I pre-ordered on June 22.

Starviper

That's a nice looking controller, not gonna lie. Kinda want it but it still wouldn't beat a mouse for precise shots unless the sticks have some way to adjust sensitivity within the stick housing itself.

ED: I missed the note about sensitivity options.. Wonder what that means exactly. Steel sticks are really nice as well. Hmmmmmmmm..

Still gonna hold out. I threw money at a new glowy keyboard this month already.

DirtyLarry

FYI for anyone else that is looking for one, I just ordered through the Best Buy Website, it said Store Pickup would be Fri 30th or Free Expedited delivery would be tomorrow the 28th. Not holding my breath it will actually arrive by tomorrow, but I did order it straight away.

hwalker84

Just got it haven't used it yet but the D pad feels defective on mine. Can somebody please check if there D-pad clicks on all four directions? Mine only feels like it should when I press up. There's no audio or felt click when pressing down.

hwalker84

My Amazon order is still MIA. Seriously pissed off now!

Mine came from Amazon and I'm going to try it tonight before sending it back. I'm pretty sure the Dpad isn't correct.

Looked at some hands on.l videos. Definitely a broken dpad. Amazon will only issue a refund.... WTF!!!

texore

Just got it haven't used it yet but the D pad feels defective on mine. Can somebody please check if there D-pad clicks on all four directions? Mine only feels like it should when I press up. There's no audio or felt click when pressing down.
Are they using the same switches as the regular controllers then? I never had a faulty d-pad, but all three regular controllers had weak clicks in certain directions.

Mine came from Amazon and I'm going to try it tonight before sending it back. I'm pretty sure the Dpad isn't correct.

Looked at some hands on.l videos. Definitely a broken dpad. Amazon will only issue a refund.... WTF!!!

Damn that sucks, at least you got yours though.

Mine was out for delivery yesterday and now "delayed due to external factors", whatever that means.

If it doesn't show up by tomorrow lunch time I shall be giving them a nasty phone call!

Recharg3

Mine arrived today and this thing is a beauty! I am in love...

Also managed to get the last one in the country reserved in Argos for a mate who is over the moon!

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

hwalker84

Damn that sucks, at least you got yours though.

Mine was out for delivery yesterday and now "delayed due to external factors", whatever that means.

If it doesn't show up by tomorrow lunch time I shall be giving them a nasty phone call!

On with Microsoft support to get a replacement. Was told I need to register my console's serial number. I told them I'm at work and cannot get that. I then said what does it matter? Hypothetically what if I'm a Windows 10 user that bought this solely for my computer and don't own an Xbox? Would you tell them sorry we cannot exchange it until you buy a console?

you can get it with the charging stand, gamestop $190 out November 9th

Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller with Xbox One Elite Charging Stand
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/ac...ler-with-xbox-one-elite-charging-stand/126572

B113708Ab.jpg

Neil_J_UK

So errr, is it even possible to back-order one of these in the UK anywhere? The Mrs wants to get me one for Christmas but I doubt she will want to scour the internet every day.

In Windows is there any way to adjust the paddles so they're not just "AXBY" but are independently bindable?

Edit - And for folks looking in the Seattle area, I picked one up at the Microsoft store in U-Village (didn't see it on display, had to ask) on Saturday... with any luck, maybe there are still some available?

nOoblet16

I wish there was a way to use the elite controller with PS4. I don't wanna invest another £80 for paddles on PS4 controller.

I know there are converters but they probably won't work with the elite controller's paddles and no button mapping either.

Justinh

I wish there was a way to use the elite controller with PS4. I don't wanna invest another £80 for paddals on PS4 controller.

I know there are converters but they probably won't work with the elite controller's paddles and no button mapping either.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone with a CronusMax say that the paddles work. Probably the default settings, though. I bet you could just reassign them on a windows 10 pc and use your setup on the PS4.

Lemme search the OT, I think there was another thread about this topic, too...

Justinh

I wish there was a way to use the elite controller with PS4. I don't wanna invest another £80 for paddles on PS4 controller.

This is the guy I saw.
Just a heads up to all the people that want to use their Elite controller on PS4 with the Cronusmax, at this time there is a known issue, RT registers both RT &LT when u press it. It only happens on the Elite model. My regular Xbox 1 controller still works perfectly. They know about the issue and are working on an update to fix it. They did offer a temporary script that pretty much fixes it tho. One thing that is great is that any profiles or button mappings u set up on the app still work on the PS4. Even the changes to the analog sticks. Made Destiny much more enjoyable for me.

He mentioned reinstalling Destiny in his previous post to try out the paddles. I just imagined if there was a problem with the paddles he'd have mentioned it. That stuff is all done within the controller anyways, so I'm not sure why the paddles wouldn't work.

Try PMing him?

I get sweaty palms from this material on the back. Never had that with any controller before.

I sometimes get sweaty hands while using regular controllers and I hate it.

That said, I've noticed that the Forza controller makes my hands sweat because of the grip on its backside. It's pretty much the same, if not exactly the same.

nOoblet16

This is the guy I saw.

He mentioned reinstalling Destiny in his previous post to try out the paddles. I just imagined if there was a problem with the paddles he'd have mentioned it. That stuff is all done within the controller anyways, so I'm not sure why the paddles wouldn't work.

Try PMing him?
Thanks.
I'm gonna look at the prices for cronosmax now if it's anywhere near £80 I'll just SCUF mod my ps4 controller

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Why would they seriously enforce a street date on a controller?

EB has them here in Australia but the street date in tomorrow. It's a controller. No review embargoes, no spoilers and it's already out in other parts of the world to boot.

Dumbest street date enforcement ever.

Jeramii

Banned

Got one!

I went into the Microsoft Store on Sunday and reserved one (no payment required, just email address and phone number). They called me this morning and asked if I still wanted it, and to come pick it up today.

When I got there they told me that I was the only person who was on their waiting list (outside of initial preorders).

So if you live in Utah, go to Fashion Place Mall's Microsoft Store (it's next to the Container Store).

Just a heads up. You won't be able to go back to your old controller. I was going to sell mine to a friend. Had it wrapped, box and the whole nine. Sat down to play a few rounds of Halo 5, and it's impossible. Not just the paddles. I couldn't aim to save my life. I cranked the sensitivity and everything. Nothing helped.

Keep your elite.

Just ordered my new elite today...Very much looking forward to it. The scuf's are really expensive once you trick them out. 189.00 for a ps4, that's crazy money.

AKJP

Banned
I'm really loving my elite controller. The thing feels really solid in my hands. I just need to figure out how I'm going to utilize the paddles on the back. I play a lot of Destiny, Halo and Need for Speed. Still what a very awesome controller.

Deepo

Finally got my controller from Microsoft Store Norway today. Played with it a bit, and this thing is even more amazing than I hoped.

Currently only set it up with AC: Syndicate on Windows 10. Using two paddles for now, bound to A (Free run up) and B (Free run down). Being able to control the camera when free running is really making it much more enjoyable.

I haven't followed this thread too closely so this has probably been answered. How do you create custom sensitivities for your analog sticks? If they just haven't implemented that feature yet have Microsoft given an update timeline? Kinda weird that they marketed this thing to have features that it doesn't actually have yet...

Bsigg12

I haven't followed this thread too closely so this has probably been answered. How do you create custom sensitivities for your analog sticks? If they just haven't implemented that feature yet have Microsoft given an update timeline? Kinda weird that they marketed this thing to have features that it doesn't actually have yet...

Not in yet, just the option to pick one of the presets they have. No release time frame announced either.

jet1911

My wife bought me one as a christmas present last week. I love it! It takes some times getting used to the paddles but it makes a big difference. I really hope MS will use this controller for their next console.

Impulsor

I just received this today, can't open it till I get home.

For shooters, is it easir to aim with the long right stick? More precision or something?

And does anyone have some good mapping tips for halo 5 and battlefront?

Gotta say, this is anecdotal but I'm starting to get concerned over the build quality of these things long-term.

My left analog stick is starting to make a loud metallic ping whenever I move it, it's getting worse by the day. My friend has the same on the right stick. Both bought at launch. Really annoying because I otherwise love the thing.

It's not really possible to get replacements from an exchange right now because of how low the stock is, too.

Still waiting on an Amazon order once Amazon allow you to order them (Nov 9th). No updates. Bought it through amazon because I had gift card balance. Don't mind waiting but hoping to hear something soon, even if just a rough date.

Ecto311

Still waiting on an Amazon order once Amazon allow you to order them (Nov 9th). No updates. Bought it through amazon because I had gift card balance. Don't mind waiting but hoping to hear something soon, even if just a rough date.

You seen the info on the page for it right? Says orders before October ship in December or something to that effect. The mobile app doesn't have that info that I see or I'd copy paste it.

ez3c

Neo Member

So i just picked up this controller and I am having issues getting used to the paddles. My question is:

1. Can i swap the position of the short paddles to where the long paddles currently exist ? (does it matter where each paddle lives as they appear to be physically the same)

2. Does orientation of the paddles matter ? I can flip a paddle by placing it on the opposite side.

Will any of the above cause any issues or harm the controller. I have never been this paranoid with a controller... then again Ive never owned a controller so fancy!

Thanks GAF

Top Bottom