• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 Elite Controller ($150)

TURBO1112

HAhahahahaa

It still using AA batteries lol

Is this a joke? $150 and you have to buy play and charge kit. Wtf....

Like always... sounds awesome at announcement and then you get details and it's terrible.

I know a lot of us prefer it not to have an internal battery.

HAhahahahaa

Like always... sounds awesome at announcement and then you get details and it's terrible.

I would be extremely upset if it wasn't using AA batteries.

Do hope the price comes down a bit though.

Lima

A scuf with the same configuration is easily $200 and is done by a bunch of hacks. THis should have much better build quality.

The price is fine guys. This is not aimed for the casual gamer. This is for the competitive FPS crowd. It comes out at the perfect time for Halo 5 too.

This looked sleek. Finally something to use the fingers just holding the controller, back buttons is the future! The whole swappable thingy is also fantastic! Wonder what the price might be though, $99?
Edit: Holy! $149 That's a lot, but perhaps reasonable.

dancmc

steep price; and I am not competitive enough to care about the advantage it might give me; but I do like new gadgets

USC-fan

Banned
I know a lot of us prefer it not to have an internal battery.
I don't care about internal replaceable battery. I'm talking about aa battery is a joke it's 2015.

For $150 it should have built in wireless charging along with rechargeable battery like every other modern device.

I cannot think of a single thing I use that still take batterys besides my son baby toys.

So if the original Xbone controller cost MS millions upon millions to create how much did this cost them

Billions

I'm sure this shares a chunk of the R&D from the X1 controller......... and that "millions" is blown out of proportion to include things like employee salaries who worked on this.

watership

HAhahahahaa

Or you get batteries or the play and charge kit and you move on. And your controller lasts more than 8 hours.

$150. looooool

So I guess this really is aimed purely at people actually playing games professionally or who are generally super-serious about their millisecond multitasking and whatnot.

USC-fan

Banned
This how they get that $100 million back. $150 controllers and play & charge kits.

Lol just too funny. This was my favorite thing from Ms conference. Just ruined.... smh.

Lawd Jesus $150 are they crazy? I wouldn't buy a Xbox One for that price. Just want me a controller with back flippers and even though I'm optimistic about the Steam controller it may fall short.

Top Bottom