• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 Elite Controller ($150)

Shiggy

I don't care about internal replaceable battery. I'm talking about aa battery is a joke it's 2015.

For $150 it should have built in wireless charging along with rechargeable battery like every other modern device.

I cannot think of a single thing I use that still take batterys besides my son baby toys.

Just buy rechargeable batteries yourself. That way the controller will still work even if the batteries die as you can just buy new ones. With internal batteries, that's not a given.

$150. . sigh, will pick up. I need a second controller anyway. I wouldn't mind if Sony comes out with a premium controller. . PLEASE.

People laughing at the price don't understand who this is aimed at.

This isn't some cheap 3rd party controller with gimmicks.

Doesn't change it from being expensive >_>

If I was a hardcore gamer that absolutely needed this extra fluff, I would totally buy it. Right now, ill wait for a sale to buy just one of these. It definitely feels like a luxury (collectors edition) item to have right now.

Sijil

Too rich for my blood, can get a Steam controller with a regular X1 controller for that price. Thanks but no thanks MS.

CHkPTa3WsAEsEkL.png

lGHLPf6.gif

TheShocker

Ouch. $150 is steep. It's not out of the question, but it needs to be justifiably better than the regular controller. Hopefully there will be some hands on impressions soon.

NickFire

Well, at least they were smart enough not to announce its price before the less enthusiastic press probably stopped paying attention.

MrDaravon

I now have absolutely no interest in this thing. $99 maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe, but $150 fuck that. Not that it's necessarily overpriced for the market they're aiming at, but this cements it as being only for the super niche/hardcore.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Meant for pro gamers. This isn't devoted to people who play 6-7 hours of JRPG a week, but elite gamers playing elite games like CS which require skills.

Top Bottom