• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One supports Suspend/Resume at launch, PS4 doesn't

Jburton

Banned
I'm still happy to buy the console with the better spec and better multiplats and wait a little bit for the suspend/resume function.

I'm pissed it's not there at launch, but the idea of something like this not being there day one being some sort of deal breaker on the console itself is lolworthy.

Hardly the Driveclub nutshot all told. I know I can live with this one.

That said... get it ready A fucking SAP Sony!

I really don't understand why people are contemplating cancelling their preorder because of this, if they're actually serious that is. Sure, it's slightly disappointing, but it's not a massive deal breaker. Come on...

And I really don't see how it tempts people towards an Xbox One instead. Games should be the reason you want a console, not because it can hibernate mid-game.

The feature is coming. Just enjoy the games and other features and wait for it.

Bgamer90

Banned
And I really don't see how it tempts people towards an Xbox One instead. Games should be the reason you want a console, not because it can hibernate mid-game.

Different people want different things.

This feature will definitely come in handy for single player games as well as sports games during situations in which you can't finish but don't want to start over.

There are sports games (such as Madden) that don't give users the ability to make a save point in-game. If they have to shut the console off while they're in a game (say in franchise mode), then they'll have to play that game over again.

It's probably easier to suspend and resume 720p then 1080p. Easily explained.

Yeah... that's it. Sure.

driver116

I really don't understand why people are contemplating cancelling their preorder because of this, if they're actually serious that is. Sure, it's slightly disappointing, but it's not a massive deal breaker. Come on...

The feature is coming. Just enjoy the games and other features and wait for it.

I wholeheartedly agree. Yes I'm annoyed it's not there but it will in no way affect my pre-order. I'll probably never own an Xbox One either.

For me, being able to play a game within a few seconds, or having to wait 3 minutes and clicking through all menus and screens, is a deciding factor in whether I'm playing any games at all.

Ryuuga

Banned
We've known about this feature for going on 8 months, and not 10 seconds ago. No need to apologise though.

I'm more talking to the knowledge of it more than the length of time. I suppose because it was a boasted feature is what made you anticipate it, but what I don't understand is how important such a feature could be that it'd be a detriment to the console overall or Sony's philosophy.

DeviantBoi

For me, being able to play a game within a few seconds, or having to wait 3 minutes and clicking through all menus and screens, is a deciding factor in whether I'm playing any games at all.
So you haven't been playing any console games ever?

I guess the XBone will be your very console ever.

And when the PS4 gets that same feature a month or two down the line, you'll be stuck with a more expensive, less powerful gaming device.

SgtCobra

LOL Sony eat your heart out!!
1-0 for Ballmer, pop those champagne bottles gentlemen we're going to party. All. Night. Long.

I'm pissed it's not there at launch, but the idea of something like this not being there day one being some sort of deal breaker on the console itself is lolworthy.

Hardly the Driveclub nutshot all told. I know I can live with this one.

That said... get it ready A fucking SAP Sony!
I agree. This seems like a dealbreaker for people who really needed a dealbreaker.
I want this feature for RPGs but there aren't any available on PS4 2013.

Yeah its a bummer, one of my most desired features for this gen, and it's also odd cause something like this i'd figured it would be done down to the hardware level and something set in stone very early on, but still, this:

"This seems typical old Sony of past years."

is hilarious after all the announced features not available at launch on the X1. Should have made a vs thread for all of those too.

Caayn

Do you have a UK payment method too? Otherwise no Live for you.
My current Gold subscription is valid till December 2014. And as you can freely switch between XBL regions on the Xbox One, I doubt that XBL is going to be problem.
It's buying things on XBL that can, and mostly likely will, be a problem. If paypal isn't going to work.

My only problem is to find a replacement power cord as we use a different wall socket in The Netherlands than the UK does. A simple adapter would suffice, but I'd rather not use an adapter.

Artex

Banned
Someone could make a dozen different threads like this for various features favoring all three consoles in different light. How is a thread like this even justified?

Bgamer90

Banned
And when the PS4 gets that same feature a month or two down the line, you'll be stuck with a more expensive, less powerful gaming device.

Oh please.

The fact that people are actually making this news into a console war is pretty immature.

"This console will have this feature... that's cool."

"OH YEAH! WELL MY CONSOLE IS STILL BETTER!!!!"

"Um... okay? Thanks for telling me?"

kswiston

I agree. This seems like a dealbreaker for people who really needed a dealbreaker.
I want this feature for RPGs but there aren't any available on PS4 2013.

Not to mention that this will probably be missing for 3-6 months of the 5+ years you will own the console for if you are considering a launch unit. You can't suspend any of the current generation home consoles, so it's not like it's a long beloved feature that is being ripped away.

I am not getting either console at launch, so I don't care, but this would be a non-argument if I was.

Briarios

Seems kind of pointless to argue about minor auxiliary features that the companies say are and aren't in the system until the consoles are released and we can see how those features are implemented.

geordiemp

Eh ? I don't get this thread

Surely the quality of the game and its performance is more important than how quickly a resume feature when turning back on rolls out ?

Sony, focus on your drivers and next gen goodness please...its the reason we are upgrading...

Caayn

2-0. Driveclub delay would've been an orgasmic moment compared to hibernating a console!
I'd say that Sony's score is higher than "0" ;) Besides are we really going to make a console war thread out of features that both consoles are (going to) support(ing).

Different people want different things.

This feature will definitely come in handy for single player games as well as sports games during situations in which you can't finish but don't want to start over.

There are sports games (such as Madden) that don't give users the ability to make a save point in-game. If they have to shut the console off while they're in a game (say in franchise mode), then they'll have to play that game over again.

Yeah... that's it. Sure.

See this doesn't make sense to me though.

If the Xbox didn't day one, not many would cancel anyways because it can wait especially since just turning off your console is second nature anyways

PS4 now, its an issue? An issue worth a deal breaker?

mavs

Someone could make a dozen different threads like this for various features favoring all three consoles in different light. How is a thread like this even justified?

Well I for one had no idea, and it seems like a big deal. There's not a high bar to clear in order to make a neogaf thread, if it's not interesting it will fall off the first page.

Kinyou

Eh ? I don't get this thread

Surely the quality of the game and its performance is more important than how quickly a resume feature when turning back on rolls out ?

Sony, focus on your drivers and next gen goodness please...its the reason we are upgrading...
A feature like this is actually very much part of "next gen goodness" for me. I want more than just a more powerful console

geordiemp

If I was MS I would focus on getting the games running properly and less on the apps.

Seems to me they got their priorities seriously mixed up somewhere...

which feature would any rational person pick - game runs at half resolution OR game resumes more quickly ...

driver116

I'm more talking to the knowledge of it more than the length of time. I suppose because it was a boasted feature is what made you anticipate it, but what I don't understand is how important such a feature could be that it'd be a detriment to the console overall or Sony's philosophy.

It doesn't - when did I say that? I said it not being there seems like the sort of thing that would have happened by Sony the start of this gen.

This is true. Going back a bit further I have the scores at 720 and 1080 in Sony's favour.

It was insane how the rumour mill blew up, and suddenly everyone's paranoia and distrustful of MS... again.

While CoD probably more 'social media publicity' in the past days than it did throughout the year. ( man, the hype for Ghost seems to be an all-time low )

Ryuuga

Banned
It doesn't - when did I say that? I said it not being there seems like the sort of thing that would have happened by Sony the start of this gen.

I guess misinterpreted it then as with many, since I've been used to system-level features or applications not being ready in time for launch. Personally, I think it's typical of all the console makers.

Bailers

While CoD probably more 'social media publicity' in the past days than it did throughout the year. ( man, the hype for Ghost seems to be an all-time low )

We're seeing the difference in not having four zero two and his...personality in charge.
Is Activision PR in charge or did they hand it back to IW?

This is a good thing that Sony bothered to actually mention it was not going to be in the OS at launch. We know they aren't trying to brush this feature under the rug.

It's coming.

Bgamer90

Banned
Oh no. Will just have to cope with the better versions of multiplats until this is patched in.

If I was MS I would focus on getting the games running properly and less on the apps.

Seems to me they got their priorities seriously mixed up somewhere...

which feature would any rational person pick - game runs at half resolution OR game resumes more quickly ...

WhyNotBothGirl.gif

Haha, I see how this thread is going to end up (if it hasn't already).

Some of you guys are truly ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is "pre-order cancelled" meme turning into the sonyfans version of "dooomed lol" to dismantle any kind of critique aimed at the new console?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Is this how it's going to go?

"PS4 supports voice recognition, even without the camera"
HA EAT THAT MICROSOFT
"PS4 doesn't support low-power mode with games running at launch"
PREORDER CANCELLED, YOU HAD ONE JOB SONY

smh

FeiRR

Banned
9Er7LyA.jpg

Top Bottom