• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming a decent light level, possibly a chaperone and a reasonable degree of competence, how long does KF raid take?

I'd really like to give it a go if I have some time in the next few hours. Feels like there's nowhere else to go from light 294.

If you run with a team of people who have done it before then 1:30 to 2 hours, maybe less.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone need a 4th Horseman or Telesto. Selling for 1 strange coin each.

ulxeyd.jpg

It's the next logical step. Their main issue will be negotiating with the console manufacturers.

Couldn't they do it completely on their own since all of your player data is on Bungie servers? Generate a one time QR code or some ridic 32 character hex code that contains all of your account data. You then enter that on the other console and it recreates your account on that new console. That would do a one time link between your XBL and PSN characters without ever having to worry about Sony or MS. You could also never transfer back. Just one time in one direction. So if I went and made a Gutterboy44 on XBL, and import my PS4 Destiny account, that means I can never export from my XBL account and I can never export again from PS4 account. That should prevent any weird account swapping.

I just don't know if I want single point sling (switch weapons faster) or injection mold (increased stability and reduced range) for the final tier. I don't know if the range stat effects the pulse rifle much.

Hammer Forged also increases range/stability.

ctQMYKi.png

Couldn't they do it completely on their own since all of your player data is on Bungie servers? Generate a one time QR code or some ridic 32 character hex code that contains all of your account data. You then enter that on the other console and it recreates your account on that new console. That would do a one time link between your XBL and PSN characters without ever having to worry about Sony or MS. You could also never transfer back. Just one time in one direction. So if I went and made a Gutterboy44 on XBL, and import my PS4 Destiny account, that means I can never export from my XBL account and I can never export again from PS4 account. That should prevent any weird account swapping.

You underestimate Microsofts feelings about this.

X-Frame

For Zoba or any other experienced PvP sniper: which is the best Omolon Eirenne RR4 Sniper roll from the Gunsmith:

1) Corvo SS2 / Faucon SS1 (Faucon is low-zoom)
Performance Bonus
Quickdraw / Oiled Frame
Life Support / Exhumed

2) Yepaki SS2 / Faucon SS1
Firefly
High Caliber Rounds / Injection Mold
Unflinching / Underdog

3) Condor SS2 / Faucon SS1
Triple Tap
Snapshot / Hand-laid Stock
Life Support / Last Resort

Assuming a decent light level, possibly a chaperone and a reasonable degree of competence, how long does KF raid take?

I'd really like to give it a go if I have some time in the next few hours. Feels like there's nowhere else to go from light 294.

With one newbie and 5 experienced raiders it took as about 1.5h, including getting chests and jumping puzzles. Your Light Level is certainly high enough with chance of dropping gear that will bump you up a bit. The Chaperone on the other hand is not your best pick for the raid, so I hope you have a decent sniper rifle such as the 1000-Yard Stare.

You underestimate Microsofts feelings about this.

Never under estimate Activision's lust for an easy dollar. Sony would probably get more new players, but aren't Bungie and Sony the palls this time around anyway? Not like MS would all of a sudden refuse Bungie games on their console. I think they would have to grin and bear it.

E92 M3

I imagine Microsoft will feel slighted because PS4 has the extras and Bungie is collecting money from people leaving their consoles. Unfortunately, it won't be as easy as we want it to be.

maomaoIYP

I just don't know if I want single point sling (switch weapons faster) or injection mold (increased stability and reduced range) for the final tier. I don't know if the range stat effects the pulse rifle much.

http://i.imgur.com/ctQMYKi.png[/mg][/QUOTE]

Injection mold. No contest dude.

I imagine Microsoft will feel slighted because PS4 has the extras and Bungie is collecting money from people leaving their consoles. Unfortunately, it won't be as easy as we want it to be.

Oh for sure, I bet the technical side is way easier than the political side. But we aren't talking about cross play, all I am suggesting is exporting your Bungie profile to another platform. Neither Sony or MS should have any say in that. You are logging on to Bungie servers for that account information... unless I am incorrect about that part. Do MS and Sony own the Destiny servers respectively?

GorillaJu

ctQMYKi.png

Man I've been getting fucking destroyed by Hacksaws all day in IB. I needs one.

RickD

...he's a dev who's trying to do damage control......

Why do we constantly have these situations with Destiny?

It's because we just get dumped with a load of patch notes. No reasoning behind it.

Look at the Weapon part and Strange Coin nerf. It just looks like a "fuck you, we are slowing your progress down because we thought fuck it, why not"

Half of this shit could be resolved by them giving more information "we are doing this because". Currently you get what is equivilent of a Daily Mail Headline, without the article. So people go in to Rabble mode and DeeJ, Luke et al. have to go into "damage control"

All I see is having to spend more time playing the game to get what i want (weapon parts) Which is the opposite of what i thought Luke had said about TTK? Personally i think they should take weapon parts out of the game, but i'm sure they have a place on the game development "wheel of fortune" that provide some metric of what makes the game "fun"

The Content should be enjoyable enough to want to run through without gating progress behind things like weapon parts (And Most of it is!). If that isn't the case, it's the games fault, not ours.

Also, the 400 free silver and then pricing the Carlton at 500 was a real low ball.

Kyoufu

I'm not bothered by the strange coin/weapon parts nerf. It doesn't hamper my "progress" at all.

To put it quite bluntly, I don't get the crying over it at all. Maybe someone can explain it.

Also, the 400 free silver and then pricing the Carlton at 500 was a real low ball.

Saw that one coming a mile away. Besides, it isn't very good anyway. Looks like a ragdoll flailing its limbs around.

I got my formal bow and sorrow emote for free and won't be giving 'em anything extra till I see the "extra content" that this Tess Everis' shop is supposed to fund.

HaWksaw? I thought it was HaCksaw. Weird. Probably everyone's autocorrect fixing it. I can only assume that Bungie's seaHawks love is to blame.

----

Had a great time running Defender last night. No Backup Plans is fun, but not as much of a gamechanger as I thought outside my bubble. I started with Weapons of Light, but the first time I got out-shotgunned in my own bubble, I flipped over to Armor of Light. Inside of my bubble, NBP gave me an Overshield on shotgun kills too. Helpful for if 2 or more people were in my bubble I didn't have to immediately dip back out to regain my Armor of Light buff. Quite handy.

Armor of Light, fyi, is strong enough to shut down Hammer Bros, Stormcallers and Swords! Don't come in my bubble! You're going to have a bad time!

Also, Invective. I love you. I'm sorry I ignored you Year 1.

EL CUCO

Hawksaws are a good gun? Dismantled three earlier for some marks...
Indifferent2.gif
They're getting some buzz because most competitive players are trying them out now, but I'm still not convinced. Think I still prefer Red Death or Villainy over it, but it depends on the roll tbh.

Atm any PR with a good roll is viable.

Bungie should implement patch notes and game notices on the home screen of destiny when you load it up. I think that would help inform the community better than it does now.

Bizazedo

I'm not bothered by the strange coin/weapon parts nerf. It doesn't hamper my "progress" at all.

To put it quite bluntly, I don't get the crying over it at all. Maybe someone can explain it.
Some people feel compelled to level every weapon they have and then wonder why they don't have weapon parts.

Afrocious

It doesn't affect me much either at the moment. But I'd wait to see how things feel next week.

I will say I don't get why the strange coin/weapon part nerf had to happen. Maybe I missed an explanation....

zewone

It was unnecessary and came without warning. It's simply "worse" or at the very least, less than what we were getting before.

purg3

slept with Malkin

It may not hamper your progress if you already have a couple hundred weapon parts laying around. Consider that it now takes upwards of 10-20 blue weapons to be dismantled to fully upgrade a legendary. Now what if you want to infuse that gun up, that's a bunch more to dismantle. If you already have a ton, you may not see it as a problem, but what about people that don't or who are just coming in. That's a lot of grinding for weapons to dismantle to level up gear. It also makes me not want to experiment with weapons now since I will be wasting weapon parts. It is a problem, and there was no need for a nerf.

Tovarisc

Bungie should implement patch notes and game notices on the home screen of destiny when you load it up. I think that would help inform the community better than it does now.

One could argue that Bungie prefers that stuff to be "hidden away" in Bungie.net's multiple menus and sub-sites.

----

40 rep away from Gunsmith rank 6 <.<

maomaoIYP

They're getting some buzz because most competitive players are trying them out now, but I'm still not convinced. Think I still prefer Red Death or Villainy over it, but it depends on the roll tbh.

This is known.
If you have a perfect roll Hawksaw they're decent at best.
A Suros PDX-41 is a much more reliable gun.

Raybunny

Hammer of Sol vs Golden Gun is so fucking inconsistent.

God fucking damn it

I tried golden gun this morning on pvp ( will be the class I will use on this IB) I could kill some sunbreakers and others not. In the end the armor that grants the solar armor helped those that survived.

Indeed. Will keep myself with the villainy. Fits my needs and my actual gameplay.

Shito

A friend is playing some IB while streaming himself.
I've just told him to switch from striker to sunbreaker...
... I kinda feel bad about it, now, I'm not helping! :D

Jito

Banned
Has anyone seen any IB gear drop yet? I've played a load of game and not had any myself or seen anyone get any. I thought it was meant to be a reliable source of gear seeing as there's none at the vendor.

I tried golden gun this morning on pvp ( will be the class I will use on this IB) I could kill some sunbreakers and others not. In the end the armor that grants the solar armor helped those that survived.

You might be right. That should not be a thing. At all. They're eating rockets out here too.

What kind odd maniac signed off on this?

E92 M3

If Bungie elaborated on patch notes like Blizzard, then we wouldn't be having as many issues.

Honestly, though, the SC and weapon part nerf was so dumb and unneeded. Truly demonstrates that certain parts of Bungie do not play their own game. I cannot comprehend how a player of the game would administer those nerfs and say it's for the benefit.

They took away a direct source of SC and then they nerfed it again.

Played some IB this morning. Not too shabby. Doesnt seem much different from normal crucible to me.

Consistently stayed in the top three. Not sure if im gonna try to rank up for the guns/emblems unless i run out of stuff to do.

I dont get much time to play and im not exactly a pvp kind of guy

Glad i dabbled though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom