• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Man I guess I'm super lucky that the solar cloak dropped for me (when playing as my Warlock). I moved it to my Hunter right away and infused it. It's awesome but farming for the other two sounds awful. Good thing I wanted Solar the most.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol
CRDYzqcWUAA78O3.png:orig
this came after an absolute embarrassment of a game on memento where I finished with under 1000 points so was quite necessary.

Deku Tree

So even after you get your ToM the Old Hunger questline is still not finished but we currently have no idea what triggers the next step... Is that right?

So I wasn't there for dark below and HoW, and so far sidearms look worthless, were those good at any point of the game?
Sidearms were introduced in HOW and they are the best now that they ever have been. All the new sidearms have the Hakke Sidearm perk that makes their shots hitscan instead of projectile based, so there's no longer a travel time and they are less affected by lag than the Vestian Dynasty or Dreg's Promise.

The nerf to shotguns is also good for sidearms as without shot package they should be able to compete a bit better.

Edit: above comments are for PvP, sidearms seem pretty meh for PvE compared to shotguns.

I dismantled my Apple. I couldn't get over the Spare Change recoil. I need one with perfect balance probably.

I still have a 100 Stability Hopscotch thats awesome but it won't make a dent in IB ofcourse. I also have Red Death so not all hope is lost.

Just got a Hawksaw with Append mag, Rifled barrel and headseaker. This is a beast in combo with Pulse rifle gloves but not sure on the damage output in PvP... I do love this weapon though, one of my faves in TTK.

I can equip yr1 Hopscotch, Matador, Tomorrows Answer and Trials boots and still be 238 light, more than enough for IB

I can equip yr1 Hopscotch, Matador, Tomorrows Answer and Trials boots and still be 238 light, more than enough for IB
Your weapon's Attack value will cause them to do very low damage in Iron Banner regardless of your low light level. This was the case in previous iron banners as well. Year one weapons will be useless.

I am about to start Destiny TTK with a new character

What is the best combination right now?

IF you mean character, race is purely cosmetic. As for class, it depends on your playstyle. Titan are very much in your face, especially with the Sunbreaker class being very strong. Defender Titans are very useful with their utility in end-game PVE content.

Hunter's a great PVP classes, though they did get some great PVE viability with their new class.

Warlocks are like the "mages" of the game. Great damage across their subclasses, not so much utility outside of Sunsinger.

All classes are viable at whatever you want to end up doing though.

Which is the best class now for PVE and/or PVP?

Thank you
There is no best class, all three classes are very viable.

Edit: will say that Sunbreaker Titan is a bit OP in 6v6 PvP matches with randoms who aren't on voice chat. Otherwise I don't think there's any clear winners right now and I expect some sort of nerf for Sunbreaker if it proves too OP. Bungie has promised to balance the game more in year two.

ssss

Neo Member
IF you mean character, race is purely cosmetic. As for class, it depends on your playstyle. Titan are very much in your face, especially with the Sunbreaker class being very strong. Defender Titans are very useful with their utility in end-game PVE content.

Hunter's a great PVP classes, though they did get some great PVE viability with their new class.

Warlocks are like the "mages" of the game. Great damage across their subclasses, not so much utility outside of Sunsinger.

All classes are viable at whatever you want to end up doing though.

I am more interested in PVE with a bit of PVP but more PVE oriented, and I would like to be able of doing more damage rather than defending

Tecnniqe

Banned
This will be my last strike boys, gonna take a shower and carry Deo's masterrace class to 40 and gear him up for HammerBanner

SheHateMe

If anybody is doing the Raid today at Oryx, keep me in mind.

While I have not finished the fight, I ran it so much the past two days, I KNOW the fight.

Frostburn

That new thread smell, I messed up and used some duplicate raid weapons to infuse a 300 black spindle on 2 of my characters so now I'll loose them :( I infused my 310 into a Telesto the day they announced they were nerfing them but didn't think it would effect weapons I've leveled much after the fact by legit means... sucks they took their time with the nerf and now it will hurt people's progress for doing something in game that is part of the end game.

Has Bungie talked about when we should see more exotics released into the wild? This is kind of crazy seeing everyone on here getting so many damn repeats. Myself included. Feels like a waste to use engrams at the moment.

How far along The Sunless Cell strike is the calcified fragment?
I'm pretty sure it is just after the first main encounter (with the two "locks" on each side). Once you open the door it is on a platform to the left.

The platform should jump out at you once you are looking for it.

Edit: maybe after the second door then :)

Amneisac

Any clans with space that are active I could join? Just looking for some people for some casual fireteam story or whatever. I'm level 32 right now just trying to hit 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom