• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
Whatcha got there Deo?
CRDkeXrWoAExdRp.png:large

The subtitles from zavala at the bottom just MAKE this picture

TsuWave

the black garden strike keeps coming up for me. i hate it so much. they need to do something in regards the strikes rotation in the heroic playlist. god.

E92 M3

I absolutely HATE how there is not a guaranteed way to earn Strange Coins. Everyone is earning tons a week, yet I barely earn 10. Granted, I have over a 1000, but it's still frustrating to spend them without a guaranteed source of income.

C'mon Bungie =/

stay gold

Just had my first raiding experience (about time really, I've only been playing since launch...) with some dudes off reddit. When we grouped it turned out only 1 guy was experienced and the other 5 of us were noobs lol, he was cool explaining everything though.

Made it to the Daughters of Oryx pretty pain free before we started to struggle and people needed to leave. Looking forward to having another crack at it.

Totally forgot to pop my 3oCs throughout though :facepalm

Tecnniqe

Banned
The subtitles from zavala at the bottom just MAKE this picture
:D
I absolutely HATE how there is not a guaranteed way to earn Strange Coins. Everyone is earning tons a week, yet I barely earn 10. Granted, I have over a 1000, but it's still frustrating to spend them without a guaranteed source of income.

C'mon Bungie =/
What bothers me is every time i switch from my main i feel like im resetting my progress, rep far behind and gear as well.
I just wish they'd let me do Raid x3 and everything x3 on my main, and not have me switch to something i dont like in order to get the max loot possible. Just shitty system.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

C'mon Bungie =/
smh.

Deku Tree

C'mon Bungie =/

If you just play the game and do some bounties every day and decrypt engrams then you get a lot of them.

Guaranteed way to get strange coins: Pick up the easy bounties to do every day, do them and turn them in, and you get a decent amount of RNG strange coins.

E92 M3

:D

What bothers me is every time i switch from my main i feel like im resetting my progress, rep far behind and gear as well.
I just wish they'd let me do Raid x3 and everything x3 on my main, and not have me switch to something i dont like in order to get the max loot possible. Just shitty system.

Rep is a whole other discussion - they took away the NF and weekly bonus, that was huge. Now we get nada.

What do you mean lol?

If you just play the game and do some bounties every day and decrypt engrams then you get a lot of them.

Guaranteed way to get strange coins: Pick up the easy bounties to do every day, do them and turn them in, and you get a decent amount of RNG strange coins.

That's the thing: RNG hates me and I just get motes + blue engrams. Nothing makes me happier than coins from a NF, but that's also seldom lol.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Rep is a whole other discussion - they took away the NF and weekly bonus, that was huge. Now we get nada.

What do you mean lol?

I just want to use the class i prefer and have the same chance of getting loot as everyone else D:

Rep should be account wide but whatever. I'll just stay behind and do raid once a week and hope i get 310 items i can use.

What do you mean lol?

That's the thing: RNG hates me and I just get motes + blue engrams. Nothing makes me happier than coins from a NF, but that's also seldom lol.
I've been farming mine through POE 28. Although it's slightly annoying to deal with some odd audio bugs in there (looking at you muted sound for no reason)

Deku Tree

What do you mean lol?

Do one Petra bounty a week and do one PoE 28 with a treasure key each week. Guaranteed 5-7 coins. Not great but it's something and it's quick.

That really nails it, really. Sometimes you gotta hammer it in. Even if you have to ham it up.

I just....wanted to write hammer puns.

Namikaze1

C'mon Bungie =/
I hate that they got rid of the 9 coins reward per character for weekly heroic. Same for the massive amount of rep points you get for doing that and nightfall.

Ok, I think I found my pvp gun - Tlaloc.
Once you get your super, it's a really good scout rifle. Anyone here use it as their main pvp gun?

Dalek

No raids going down? My family is away for the day and I have precious free time!

I can start one up if people want to join.

PSN MDavis360

Deku Tree

I hate that they got rid of the 9 coins reward for weekly heroic. Same for the massive amount of rep points you get for doing that and nightfall.

Well I used to hate that too but then I realized something.

They greatly increased the drop rates of faction ships and shaders, and they gave you a kiosk, and they eliminated dup drops.

And It takes 125 motes to level one faction. And you get massive amounts of motes just playing the game normally. And motes are otherwise pretty useless in large quantities.

So if you accumulate motes by doing all the usual weekly stuff, and you turn in your surplus for rep, then you actually can level your factions much faster than under the old system, and in the new system the drops are better, and you can transfer motes between toons to level the faction that you prefer faster.

E92 M3

I just want to use the class i prefer and have the same chance of getting loot as everyone else D:

Rep should be account wide but whatever. I'll just stay behind and do raid once a week and hope i get 310 items i can use.

I think Bungie will eventually give us that.

I've been farming mine through POE 28. Although it's slightly annoying to deal with some odd audio bugs in there (looking at you muted sound for no reason)

Do one Petra bounty a week and do one PoE 28 with a treasure key each week. Guaranteed 5-7 coins. Not great but it's something and it's quick.

Good idea, fellas.

I hate that they got rid of the 9 coins reward per character for weekly heroic. Same for the massive amount of rep points you get for doing that and nightfall.

The rep hurts the most indeed.

EL CUCO

Looks like mobile lost the Wall of Shame. Also, still no update on the Gaf clans? What kinda amateur copy pasta OT is this?

Maybe we should hire a professional to do these things...
kappa.png

Last Three of Coins. COME ON RNGESUS

Then suggest something better.
I was already looking for something, sorry if my tone was a bit dismissive. Might I inquire exactly what you're using them for? Long text over images usually doesn't work well. Especially with so much going on, like in that concept art. Using a serif font like you did is practically a nightmare for visual design folks. :p

You also either need a darker background for your text, or add a stroke to your font. Some parts are nearly unreadable because of the white lettering on white/bright background.

Check out Dafont.com for some good fonts, if you can't find anything.

I raise you a 310 Bunnyrabbit.
I haven't used it in pvp, but it felt really unstable in PvE. It jumps all over the place and the fire rate is kind of slow. I use Hung Jury for everything, so that's what I'm used to.
Is it two body shots and then a headshot? Is that how it's used?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If it's true that my 300 spindle I've been infusing with raid drops will be dropped to 290 - that's a load of bullshit. Fix it right away or just don't do anything at this point...

Agreed that is crap. I bought a 290 one from the blueprint and have put several raid weapons and 310 exotic drops into it to get it up to 308. It's my most powerful secondary weapon now and the one I use the most.

How is it fair to take away the four weapons I have put it to it?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I haven't used it in pvp, but it felt really unstable in PvE. It jumps all over the place and the fire rate is kind of slow. I use Hung Jury for everything, so that's what I'm used to.
Is it two body shots and then a headshot? Is that how it's used?

More or less, Up down up down.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think my biggest gripe with the Black Spindle nerf is that is still arguablly the most challenging mission In the game.

kidko

Damn it felt fuckin great to tear through fallen SABER 280 with a couple randos who were great players for once! Got my sleeper frame!

Eric WK

Agreed that is crap. I bought a 290 one from the blueprint and have put several raid weapons and 310 exotic drops into it to get it up to 308. It's my most powerful secondary weapon now and the one I use the most.

How is it fair to take away the four weapons I have put it to it?

Well they did warn you. The same day it became available they said it was a bug and that they'd be reverting Black Spindles.

After farming strikes with 3 of Coins legitimately, sine TTK launched - I'd been getting all duplicate weapons (meaning weapons I'd already had); I decided to use nearly every strange coin to buy as many 3 of Coins this time.

I kept hoping Xur would sell Zhalo or Telesto - he hasn't.

I finally got a Zhalo this morning.

Yay!

Namikaze1

The rep hurts the most indeed.
Oh it hurts. I just keep looking at my FWC and NM ranks and I'm like "Welp, I'm not getting to 25 till like February next year."

It sucks that they eliminated the rep points reward from them and that they decreased how much you get from bounties. People will say "Oh why not use Motes of Light to level up" but these people forget that the non-hardcore don't do all the bounties or have 1000s of motes in their vault. I'm only doing some bounties to get my Warlock and Titan to rank 25 on FWC and NM. After that I'm done. Don't care about ships, shaders, emblems, etc. I'm down to just 89 motes. I'm saving these for infusion and quickly leveling weapons. I haven't been over 100 motes in two weeks. I would have a lot less if I hadn't turned in most of my radiant/ascendant stuff over to the speaker for some motes. I would love it if we can turn in some stuff for coins. I hate PoE so I'm definitely not grinding out that. Ranking up most factions are taking so long nowadays. Just would like the option you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom