• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I might only have time for Trials this weekend. I have Plans Saturday evening and I am going to see Chvrches on Sunday - super stoked to finally get to see them live.

You can always drop me a message when you see me on.

Johns all in. He knows it.

Haha, enjoy Chrvrches as well

Does anyone remember the Gaf post where someone summarized the reactions to Xur selling Gjallarhorn in the second weekend?

Are you preparing for getting the Scarab :p

Edit top of the page, I'll post a gif soon or in the coming weeks

Iceman829

After last night not sure how much more I'm going to play the Division. I came real close to rage quitting last night because of the stupid controls. I have no idea why in the hell they would make vault/jump O and cover X. They should be reverse and there is no option in game to do so. I'm sure Kreep and Jaf were tired of me dying because I kept getting the buttons mixed up.

I guess you never played gears of war in your life where the A (X) button does everything. The cover button not only takes cover, but double tapping allows you to dodge roll and holding the button down while in cover moves you from cover to cover including auto mantling over objects. The vault button is used less. It's used for jumping up and down from objects, zip lining and interacting with ladders. The game has multiple perks built in revolving around the cover system and moving between cover. I've used the cover button x100 times more than the vaulting button while in combat and I don't see that ever changing in the game.

Nothus

After last night not sure how much more I'm going to play the Division. I came real close to rage quitting last night because of the stupid controls. I have no idea why in the hell they would make vault/jump O and cover X. They should be reverse and there is no option in game to do so. I'm sure Kreep and Jaf were tired of me dying because I kept getting the buttons mixed up.

Are you playing on the PS4? Because if so you can just re-map the circle and x buttons in the PS4 menu rather than in-game. Should sort your problem out.

LTWood12

I didn't ask for this.
S66YJDAl.jpg

phen0m24

So Trials
and Division
tonight, DGAF?

Gene is holding a 1 Year anniversary stream (I think for the weekend, really) and tonight may end up being Drnkstny. Many hiccups.

There are supposed to be giveaways and who knows what else. Much fun and new emotes and many a !push command.
Yeah I subbed. Why not? It's Gene!

Axoman

I've started playing more rumble the past week or so and it's already my highest elo playlist even though it is probably my least played mode.

I'm an average player, but if I'm best at rumble, does that mean I'm just a crappy teammate?

I disagree with this quite a bit. There have been/are a large number of XB1 players here. Of course PS4 was more and the Destiny threads were also largely PS4 LFG that turned off a lot of XB1 players from posting regularly. Just because you don't see them post doesn't mean they aren't around.

I would also add that LFG for XB1 is great. I'd say my raid completion percentage if roughly 95%, and I've never ever run with the same group ever (been running raids regularly since VoG back in October of 2014).

You've raided non-stop with LFG groups for 18 months!? Wow! you must have seen some stuff go down! :)

I don't think the Xbox1 GAF 100 group is that active any more but it's worth checking (if the link works).

I think there are quite a lot of Xbox one lurkers (like myself) but they don't really use this thread for LFGaf posts.

I've started playing more rumble the past week or so and it's already my highest elo playlist even though it is probably my least played mode.

I'm an average player, but if I'm best at rumble, does that mean I'm just a crappy teammate?

Not necessarily, it just might mean you preform better when you don't feel the pressure to do well because you have team mates. It's actually something I struggled with in early days of HoW. I would psych myself out and do worse because I didn't want to do poorly for my team.

Deku Tree

I disagree with this quite a bit. There have been/are a large number of XB1 players here. Of course PS4 was more and the Destiny threads were also largely PS4 LFG that turned off a lot of XB1 players from posting regularly. Just because you don't see them post doesn't mean they aren't around.

I would also add that LFG for XB1 is great. I'd say my raid completion percentage if roughly 95%, and I've never ever run with the same group ever (been running raids regularly since VoG back in October of 2014).

I agree with that. That is all that I meant.

Iceman829

It all comes down to team synergy and how people play together. Not everyone's play style works well together, which impacts team games. Then there's 2v2, 3v3, 6v6 and objectives modes where people play differently depending on the game type. Rumble is just you vs other dudes. A battle of shooting other dudes in the face. Not everyone plays great together in pvp. I don't play well with people that sit back waiting for enemies to attack. I prefer to get across the map and attack. It's one of the main reasons I stopped playing trials and other modes besides the meh weapons and sniper duels. The people I used to have good chemistry with quit. Just cause I like you Axo doesn't mean we can be competitive together.

You've raided non-stop with LFG groups for 18 months!? Wow! you must have seen some stuff go down! :)

I don't think the Xbox1 GAF 100 group is that active any more but it's worth checking (if the link works).

I think there are quite a lot of Xbox one lurkers (like myself) but they don't really use this thread for LFGaf posts.

In my time here the xbox players mainly added one another to each others friends lists and dealt with setting up games outside of neogaf. The other OTs were spammed with ps4 raid parties being setup that anything xbox was buried quickly. People use party chat and xbox messages. Best thing for anyone on here to do is add peoples GT's to your lists and if they are still active Destiny players find a common time you are looking to do activities and you'll be set

Xur really is never going to sell No Land Beyond, huh? It never drops through engrams for me. I might jump on this weekend to farm a couple 3 of Coins.

Just got exotics from all 3 nightfalls. Starfire protocol, Red Death, and Dragon's Breath.

Nightfall now too op plz nerf bungie.

Axoman

It all comes down to team synergy and how people play together. Not everyone's play style works well together, which impacts team games. Then there's 2v2, 3v3, 6v6 and objectives modes where people play differently depending on the game type. Rumble is just you vs other dudes. A battle of shooting other dudes in the face. Not everyone plays great together in pvp. I don't play well with people that sit back waiting for enemies to attack. I prefer to get across the map and attack. It's one of the main reasons I stopped playing trials and other modes besides the meh weapons and sniper duels. The people I used to have good chemistry with quit. Just cause I like you Axo doesn't mean we can be competitive together.

I think we've only played trials together once Ice - you, me and kelson. We got to 7 wins, not too shabby in my opinion!

Not necessarily, it just might mean you preform better when you don't feel the pressure to do well because you have team mates. It's actually something I struggled with in early days of HoW. I would psych myself out and do worse because I didn't want to do poorly for my team.

I think you are right. When I play with players that I know are better, I tend to play worse and put myself in bad positions.

I often play trials with dmh and misterthirsty on here and tend to play better since we all play pretty lose and often times goofing around not taking things too seriously.

WipedOut

Alright, need a break from The Division tonight. Feel like running a VoG and Crotes Mcgotes.

Retro Raid Night take 1: VoG and CE x1 10pm EST
1. W193D0UT
2. JBH613

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

Haha, yeah, there have been a few strange/poor encounters, but overall it's been a positive experience. It's hard for me to play at the same time consistently with work and family stuff so I've always had to use LFG for 99% of the activities that don't have matchmaking. There is a bit of an art to picking out which LFG posters seem like a good team. It would be a strange experience for me to run a raid with the same 5 people more than once.

I forgot to mention about our little PvP train last night...

I tried my very best to get top of the leaderboard, but man...Twilight is on another level. Even when I did get top, we had the same KD/R. I went full on try hard too lol

Also, ID getting better and better, but that potato internet...

I think...THINK I like sniping more now that I know the lanes. Playing Trials really helps you learn all the nuances of the maps.

Edit: AND one last thought...Sidearm + TLW on Drifter is super fun.

1479 is top 100? Man, nobody plays that mode/it's never available. You need 2425 elo to be top 100 in Trials. I should tag along for one of your runs someday, always liked zone control.
Yeah, it's pretty crazy/funny. Looking at the LB less than 30% of the top 100 have even played 100 games.

They should make it available more often. It's Pretty fun especially with a fireteam.

I hope Bungie chooses it for the next IB.

phen0m24

I forgot to mention about our little PvP train last night...

I tried my very best to get top of the leaderboard, but man...Twilight is on another level. Even when I did get top, we had the same KD/R. I went full on try hard too lol

Also, ID getting better and better, but that potato internet...

I think...THINK I like sniping more now that I know the lanes. Playing Trials really helps you learn all the nuances of the maps.

Everytime I looked he was on another streak. Dude is crazy 1 v 1 (or 2)
Whenever I saw throwing knife kills I laughed out loud
"Montage"

1479 is top 100? Man, nobody plays that mode/it's never available. You need 2425 elo to be top 100 in Trials. I should tag along for one of your runs someday, always liked zone control.

The perfect candidate for us. Technically a scrub with low ELO, who can help us wreck the laggy nonsense we're now facing

Navy Bean

I'm a crappy teammate and crappy at rumble! Wife and kid are gone this weekend so let me know if you want to run some Trials (or anyone else on XB1).

Top Bottom