• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Those two blueberries w/ him on the run were REAL bad. And that's coming from me.

They have over 1600 average elo but yeah, they were super rough on that run. People just get tight and panic during Trials, especially if they're playing on stream. Good advice is to take a few deep breaths. Wanna be focused but not tight, hard to do sometimes.

edit: also Gene missed some shots he usually hits, like when Goth was grabbing heavy.

phen0m24

They have over 1600 average elo but yeah, they were super rough on that run. People just get tight and panic during Trials, especially if they're playing on stream. Good advice is to take a few deep breaths. Wanna be focused but not tight, hard to do sometimes.

edit: also Gene missed some shots he usually hits, like when Goth was grabbing heavy.

He's also drinking lol (hiccup)

Drizz is this a "good" map for you and Igor or Mr TG? :)

He's also drinking lol (hiccup)

[*]Drizz is this a "good" map for you and Igor or Mr TG? :)

Yeah it's not bad. Small with easy call outs, cramped enough that people can run shotty if they aren't comfortable sniping. One downside is that top mid is so strong a lot of rounds boil down to establishing that map control. If you get beat sniping through the doors then the round is often lost. You can switch it up by keeping radar pressure on top mid doors without challenging while teammates flank through the enemy spawn. But there aren't many different plays to make since bottom mid/water is so weak and the cap point is on B.

Basically it's a super simple map which is usually good but also makes it hard to recover if you're at a numbers disadvantage.

Axoman

I'm a crappy teammate and crappy at rumble! Wife and kid are gone this weekend so let me know if you want to run some Trials (or anyone else on XB1).

I'm game, can you step away from The Division?

I think this could be a good rushing map for us again.

Yeah it's not bad. Small with easy call outs, cramped enough that people can run shotty if they aren't comfortable sniping. One downside is that top mid is so strong a lot of rounds boil down to establishing that map control. If you get beat sniping through the doors then the round is often lost. You can switch it up by keeping radar pressure on top mid doors without challenging while teammates flank through the enemy spawn. But there aren't many different plays to make since bottom mid/water is so weak and the cap point is on B.

Basically it's a super simple map which is usually good but also makes it hard to recover if you're at a numbers disadvantage.

Yeah its not bad but i wish it was anomaly instead =/

LTWood12

Wow. I heard almost no callouts that entire time. I just assumed from that that they probably didn't play much pvp. Maybe they were on vita :p

edit: Have to give Gene props for using a legendary handcannon in this meta, even if it has a great roll.

Yeah its not bad but i wish it was anomaly instead =/

I'd like to play Anomaly again, I definitely appreciate it more now than when it was the Trials map. It's on the opposite end of the complexity spectrum from Asylum. There are so many different types of plays you can make relatively speaking.

WipedOut

I'd like to play Anomaly again, I definitely appreciate it more now than when it was the Trials map. It's on the opposite end of the complexity spectrum from Asylum. There are so many different types of plays you can make relatively speaking.

I miss IB Anomaly from year 1. Just running around the outside ring the whole time just blasting people. One of my favorite maps.

LTWood12

I miss IB Anomaly from year 1. Just running around the outside ring the whole time just blasting people. One of my favorite maps.

+1 Running around w/ Hawkmoon and Felwinter's Lie was tops.

edit: Oh yeah you didn't get to experience Hawkmoon in its glory days :(

WipedOut

+1 Running around w/ Hawkmoon and Felwinter's Lie was tops.

edit: Oh yeah you didn't get to experience Hawkmoon in its glory days :(

No but ran around with Thorn and Matador w/kneepads

Still need 1 more in case Ruffles can't make it.

Retro Raid Night take 1: VoG and CE x1 10pm EST
1. W193D0UT
2. JBH613
3. rcmDez
4. Nicodemic
5. sMs104
6. **** Reserved ****

Alts for sixth spot.
1. Dreamgazer

Iceman829

I think we've only played trials together once Ice - you, me and kelson. We got to 7 wins, not too shabby in my opinion!

I think you are right. When I play with players that I know are better, I tend to play worse and put myself in bad positions.

I often play trials with dmh and misterthirsty on here and tend to play better since we all play pretty lose and often times goofing around not taking things too seriously.

We didn't play bad I was just making an example. I'm just not a fan of the weapons in the game anymore. Everything I liked was nerfed into oblivion or not brought to year 2. Sniper battles and wet noodle assault rifles aren't for me. I have more fun playing other shooter games where the developers actually let players enjoy the weapons in the game.

I'm a crappy teammate and crappy at rumble! Wife and kid are gone this weekend so let me know if you want to run some Trials (or anyone else on XB1).

Literally the worst teammate ever. Known to train lvl 18 cleaner mobs including an elite on me while doing a side mission in the division. Just run away from him and all his friends that are chasing him.

WipedOut

We didn't play bad I was just making an example. I'm just not a fan of the weapons in the game anymore. Everything I liked was nerfed into oblivion or not brought to year 2. Sniper battles and wet noodle assault rifles aren't for me. I have more fun playing other shooter games where the developers actually let players enjoy the weapons in the game.

Literally the worst teammate ever. Known to train lvl 18 cleaner mobs including an elite on me while doing a side mission in the division. Just run away from him and all his friends that are chasing him.

Miss playing with DMH, especially when he starts getting toasty from his wine.

Been at 295 light for like the last 3 months....is there anything left to do?

feels impossible to raise light without doing a raid

Dez_

PvP modes Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris are currently the only ways to get 300+ gear outside of the raid.
In addition, I'm sure I've seen NF drops range from 290 to 310 gear, though that seems to be a rare occurrence. Shaxx bounties can drop that too I think. I got a 310 exotic last time, but I'm already in the 300+ range, so that might be why.

No but ran around with Thorn and Matador w/kneepads

Still need 1 more in case Ruffles can't make it.

1. W193D0UT
2. JBH613
3. rcmDez
4. Nicodemic
5. sMs104
6. **** Reserved ****

Alts for sixth spot.
1. Dreamgazer
Did you forget to save a spot for JBH's friend Nelly?

WipedOut

Did you forget to save a spot for JBH's friend Nelly?

Oops, added, will be running two more of each tomorrow night if for others that we don't get in. Will add to tomorrows list that will start about the same time.

1. W193D0UT
2. JBH613
3. JBH's Friend Nelly
4. rcmDez
5. Nicodemic
6. **** Reserved ****

Alts for sixth spot.
1. Dreamgazer
2. sMs104
3. Jakfu

Navy Bean

I brought a few friends to the party lol. I have no idea where that elite came from but he followed me for six blocks.

In addition, I'm sure I've seen NF drops range from 290 to 310 gear, though that seems to be a rare occurrence. Shaxx bounties can drop that too I think. I got a 310 exotic last time, but I'm already in the 300+ range, so that might be why.

Oh yeah, good call. I think they raised the NF light range from 280-300 up to 290-310, right? When they patched in the Ghosts and such, that first week it was a big deal if someone snagged a 310 ghost since HM KF hadn't dropped yet.

And now a 310 Ghost is the same 3 legendary marks as almost every other legendary drop.

SpecX

Anyone willing to help me get to 5 wins in trials later today? I have the gauntlets, but want to see if I get a better role plus the higher light level.

LTWood12

Oh yeah, good call. I think they raised the NF light range from 280-300 up to 290-310, right? When they patched in the Ghosts and such, that first week it was a big deal if someone snagged a 310 ghost since HM KF hadn't dropped yet.

And now a 310 Ghost is the same 3 legendary marks as almost every other legendary drop.

Between T-44 and I this week we got four ghosts, a pair of boots, & an emote. An emote was literally the best thing either of us got.

Dez_

Between T-44 and I this week we got four ghosts, a pair of boots, & an emote. An emote was literally the best thing either of us got.
Honestly, that's all I'd really like to get from NF these days. Snagging an emote would be pretty neat. I'm still fine with receiving 3oC or Strange Coins too. I'm always just close to running out of both.

Jafku

Oops, added, will be running two more of each tomorrow night if for others that we don't get in. Will add to tomorrows list that will start about the same time.

1. W193D0UT
2. JBH613
3. JBH's Friend Nelly
4. rcmDez
5. Nicodemic
6. **** Reserved ****

Alts for sixth spot.
1. Dreamgazer
2. sMs104

I'll be an alt. need crota lol

What's the trials map? Also what is the weapon?

Edit:nvm just remembered I could look at the last page, asylum is alright, but it ain't no burning shrine or cauldron but it'll do

Top Bottom