• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Hunt The Truth Season 2 |OT| Glassed Planets Have Bad Records...

Glass

Frankie said less episodes but longer run time for each right? Maybe that leaves room for two per week. If not, since Episode 1 went up today I'd say that'd be the regular schedule. Inb4 I'm wrong.

Frankie said less episodes but longer run time for each right? Maybe that leaves room for two per week. If not, since Episode 1 went up today I'd say that'd be the regular schedule. Inb4 I'm wrong.

Considering we got an episode today, I dunno if that's the case.

Well, damn it. I can't find where I read it.. it's not the TIME articles.

But in my imagination I read that there would be two episodes this week, then every Tuesday at 11AM until launch. So it ends on Halo 5 launch day most likely.

But... I have no proof. So.. TO THE MIDNIGHT FACILITY WITH ME!

EDIT: Not lying! I knew it! It was in a press email I got:

More about HUNT the TRUTH
New episodes of HUNT the TRUTH begin releasing this week with episodes on Tuesday, 9/22 and Thursday, 9/24. Subsequent episodes will release every Tuesday through 10/27, on huntthetruth.tumblr.com, iTunes Podcasts, and Soundcloud.

In addition to being #1 in Video Games on the iTunes Podcast Charts, Season 1 also reached #1 in Games & Hobbies and #16 for all Podcasts. The series also won a Bronze CLIO Award in the Audio category for Streaming/Downloadable Content.

MIDNIGHT facility parole: APPROVED!

singhr1

Well, damn it. I can't find where I read it.. it's not the TIME articles.

But in my imagination I read that there would be two episodes this week, then every Tuesday at 11AM until launch. So it ends on Halo 5 launch day most likely.

But... I have no proof. So.. TO THE MIDNIGHT FACILITY WITH ME!

EDIT: Not lying! I knew it! It was in a press email I got:

MIDNIGHT facility parole: APPROVED!

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation.

Frankie wasn't wrong when he said Season 2 is really dark. Damn.

Christ on a bike that was dark.

The scene with Ben, heartbreaking. He is a broken man.

Also, lol at BB :D, thank fuck for what I hope is some comedic relief, I think this is only going to get worse if you know what I mean. Roll on next Tuesday!

Damn, that part with ben...
They had him really happy for a moment then just tore him down... i feel really sorry for him...

It looks like they...
Broke Benjamin ;)

I am so excited for the next episode thought!
GUARDIANS

Monocle

Lol, never mind my plans to wait for the supercut. I'll definitely go week to week with this. That first episode was insane.

Ben, FERO, Black Box, god damn.
I really love how ONI has developed into this formidable entity throughout the fiction. Really great.

Just got around to listening to today's episode...

DAAAAAAAAAYUM SON, shit got dark!

A few thoughts:
Those videos posted before today's episode seem to be from the rally Maya was "extracted" from.
Holy shit, poor Ben! That was legitimately tough to listen to.
Huh, Sully really is kinda looking out for him. In a twisted, ONI sort of way.
And now we see the Guardians enter the picture. Whole cities, gone in an instant. Is the NCA move a coincidence, motivated by the rising chaos, or taking advantage of it?

This is gonna be soooo goooooood. Off to an even better start than last season, really, probably because they don't have to cover familiar (ish) ground.

BLACK BOX YOOOOOOO

Legit shook homies. From the fantastic acting from Key, to Sully being "ONI" nice, to the Guardians coming to the fore.

Glorious.

Kev Kev

bruuuhhhhhhhh

SPOILERS FOR HUNT THE TRUTH AND HALO 4: FORWARD UNTO DAWN (the movie)

I'm not sure if anyone heard me and I don't care. As soon as I heard Black Box I threw both my arms into air and screamed "YES! YEEEESSS!!!"And gat dayum was that exchange between Maya and Ben intense as fuck. Amazing episode. Shaping up to be even better than the original so far.

I'm really hoping that Ben gets freed some day instead of rotting in that cell. Part of me also wanted Sully to bring up Corbulo Academy (when Dimah boarded that orbital elevator and was shot down by covies) during his conversation with Maya.

Also, can not effing wait for whatever they have in store for Hamill.

Bsigg12

SPOILERS FOR HUNT THE TRUTH AND HALO 4: FORWARD UNTO DAWN (the movie)

I'm not sure if anyone heard me and I don't care. As soon as I heard Black Box I threw both my arms into air and screamed "YES! YEEEESSS!!!"And gat dayum was that exchange between Maya and Ben intense as fuck. Amazing episode. Shaping up to be even better than the original so far.

I'm really hoping that Ben gets freed some day instead of rotting in that cell. Part of me also wanted Sully to bring up Corbulo Academy (when Petra boarded that orbital elevator and was shot down by covies) during his conversation with Maya.

Also, can not effing wait for whatever they have in store for Hamill.

I was really happy when they introduced
BB
. Like God damn yes.

M52B28

Banned
People probably thought I was having an orgasm on the bus. I had my eyes closed the whole time I was listening with my super-expensive noise cancelling earbuds.

At the ending, I started mouthing "OMG, OMG."

Grazzt

Wow, this episode!!! Holy shit!
Glad to hear BB will stick with FERO for quite a while, although I think this is just a fragment of him. And that Ben scene. So fucking well done.

Random17

Keegan was amazing... ahhhhhhhhhhhh. That was heart wrenching.

Edit: If Maya didn't know about the Guardians, what was she warning Ben about in S1?

The_Decryptor

Neo Member
Peter Serafinowicz was an amazing choice, and poor poor Ben. Seems Sully is just as afraid of ONI as he was, but knows how to handle it better.

Kalentan

Keegan was amazing... ahhhhhhhhhhhh. That was heart wrenching.

Edit: If Maya didn't know about the Guardians, what was she warning Ben about in S1?

Seriously, can we give him a fucking award or something? I really don't want his work to go unrewarded.

Holy crap - that was great. Halo: Books On Tape is kicking ass so far. Interesting to see how the ODST's were depicted too. It gives the world a much more nuanced and less good guys vs. bad guys dynamic.

BTM

Damn, still need to listen to this. Will check it out tomorrow sometime. 1st season was exceptional.

LordOfChaos

Oh shit,
BB! Best character from Kilo 5, I had hoped we'd see him in other media. And I always did imagine him with a British accent.

And oh shit, that means he's still alive for the Halo 5 timeline!

Frog-fu

Banned
Mindblowing episode.

The description of Midnight got me. What if Locke actually brings Chief in and they lock him up there at the end of Halo 5? Don't want that shit happening.

The porter cam seems to have binary at the bottom? 1000000100000111 so.. 8107? Not sure if that means anything or not.

Interesting.. I have to assume this is showing the wreckage from the Guardians 'awakening'? Figure they must have been buried deep below the ground a long time ago?

static.gif

More #HUNTtheTRUTH goodness to come.. THIS WEEK?

Jeff Easterling aka GrimBrotherOne said:
Speaking of Season 2, just in case you haven’t had a chance to partake in the freshly brewed mystery that recently hit the airwaves, make sure you are keeping a close eye on the Hunt the Truth tumblr page for all the latest developments. Already fans have been picking jaws up off the floor and tossing about wild and excitement-laden theories back and forth to each other on our forums, as revelations about FERO, Ben, Petra, and many others, are incredibly hot topics right now. And if you’ve got some crazy theories of your own just begging to be let loose, don’t hesitate to share your thoughts as well! We’ll be having more to talk about in the coming weeks as the story progresses, and the intrigue increases. In fact, I’m not even so sure that we’re entirely done with the first week of surprises. But who knows? Either way, I’m sure you’ll all have a ball trying to figure it all out.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-truth-testimony

I wonder if the Sunday Night Football ad will have a HTT component again?

I just listened to the end of season 1 again earlier, Petra had a whole monologue at the end of the final episode. They mention her briefly in episode 0 of season 2...I wonder what happened to that whole idea.

I just listened to the end of season 1 again earlier, Petra had a whole monologue at the end of the final episode. They mention her briefly in episode 0 of season 2...I wonder what happened to that whole idea.

I'd guess either she wasn't going to be available for the time they needed.. or.. as they mentioned, they wanted to go a different direction than another season of "investigative journalism". Since we're 'in bed' with ONI now, we'll get things from a different perspective.. which we may not have been able to get with Petra's story.

Hopefully she'll pop up again though before everything is said and done.

Any non-Tumblr links to listen to it, especially season 2? I should probably listen to season 1 now. I've gotten hyped for Halo 5 and that feeling pre-MCC is coming back. I did read a few of the synopsis on the wikia, but I think actually listening to it would be much better.

Solid OP though.

Really trying to avoid giving tumblr those hits, huh?

Randomly clicked the SoundCloud page and saw a new episode, oh my god. What incredible acting! Cannot wait to see how it ties in to the game, and I really hope parts/characters/locations, are in Halo 5. Imagine these guys in Halo 5, amazing!

Top Bottom