• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Hunt The Truth Season 2 |OT| Glassed Planets Have Bad Records...

AYF 001

One episode in, and we're already thrown for a loop. Things are gonna be gooood. Not even sure what to talk about. Perhaps
Ben and Petra
might make a reappearance?

crash7800

How? All that link gives me is a web player version where I can listen to it, or the option to download the soundcloud player app off the google play app store. It doesn't have an option anywhere that I can see to download the MP3 file itself.

If you're on a mobile device, you can also get it through iTunes (iOS) or a podcast app like Pocket Casts (Android)

Bsigg12

How? All that link gives me is a web player version where I can listen to it, or the option to download the soundcloud player app off the google play app store. It doesn't have an option anywhere that I can see to download the MP3 file itself.

There's a button directly below the player on the full website that says download.

There's a button directly below the player on the full website that says download.

Ahh that explains it. The web browser on the Samsung S3 (yes I'm still rocking this old thing) doesn't show that even on the "desktop version". Something something incompatible web browser something, lol. I'll DL it at home.

But man I'm regretting starting season 2 today! Now I'm going to be frustrated as hell waiting for episode 2. HFS man.

Damnit 343i, you got me, hook, line, and Stinkles, I mean sinker.

I was an avid Halo fan for over a decade. Purchased and still own every LE for every title to date, with the Halo 2 and Halo 3 Ltd Editions still in their shrink-wrap. I wrote the Halo 4 walkthrough on TA. I wrote the Halo: TMCC walkthrough on TA. I re-wrote the Halo: Reach walkthrough on TA because it was abandoned. But I was on the fence about Halo 5, and swore not to get my hopes up. I was frustrated with some of the (in my opinion) missteps in H4, and with TMCC's botched launch, and wanted to take a cautiously optimistic approach.

Then I listened to this.

I listened start to finish in one go.... I listened AGAIN.

After over 7 hours of Halo fiction audio direct-feed to my brain, I'm hype as fuck.

Damn if you guys don't know how to pull my strings!

Kev Kev

Definitely got that vibe. "I used an unregistered weapon because reasons?" Naw, son, he's totally still kicking somewhere.

lol, I can hear his glorious return already. Maya is on a secure line with ONI and... "Mshak, are you there? I know you're listening."

"Heeeeey guys, what's up? Miss me? ;D"

He was too good to kill off, and since we never had outright confirmation that he's dead (*ahem* Stinkles) it's safe to assume he'll be back.

Nice!

I saw a few other short videos posted to Twitter going along with the @OurThreeLives thing.

Looks to be bodycams from people on Meridian as the Guardian(?) awakens. Cortana told Chief Meridian would be next.. so that's what I am going off of. Hopefully EP01 sheds some light on how these are going to be tied into HTT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43LG4M5CbPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiMxTOwWSyA

If you listen very closely to the crowd noise around 1:50 of episode zero, I'm pretty confident you will hear Marcus Phoenix say "oh come on".

I need someone to corroborate haha

Fuchsdh

Definitely got that vibe. "I used an unregistered weapon because reasons?" Naw, son, he's totally still kicking somewhere.

Well, it wasn't that she used an unregistered weapon, the implication was that she killed him via a much messier method.

But yeah, at this point it's certainly reasonable to believe she might not have killed him.

Pretty crazy that ONI's willing to sacrifice its own agents in a plot to discredit a journalist. Cold-blooded.

Well, it wasn't that she used an unregistered weapon, the implication was that she killed him via a much messier method.

But yeah, at this point it's certainly reasonable to believe she might not have killed him.

Pretty crazy that ONI's willing to sacrifice its own agents in a plot to discredit a journalist. Cold-blooded.

Clearly they felt he'd dug up enough info to do some serious damage. I wonder if Petrosky was ever on Ben's side? Did he get convinced to turn on him? Or was it a setup the whole time? I can't see why he'd even tell Ben that amazing (and horrifying) story about the Spartan-II's and flash clones unless he was seriously trying to help..

But who knows? I wonder now if Ben even really addressed the UNSC & ONI high-ups.. FERO said he was still on.. but she could have easily been lying. Right after that M'shak said he needed to talk, and obviously figured things out.. So much deceit and deception! It's glorious!

We're getting another EP @ 11AM today?

IronRinn

This series is so good. Christ, ONI is the fucking worst! Gonna be really conflicted
playing as Locke
when Halo 5 comes out.

crash7800

Get the Windex.
tumblr_nv70pdFTjh1uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

Kalentan

This fucking show... Holy fucking shit.

God damn the acting so so god damn good and in combination with the sound effects I don't even need to have a video to see clearly what was going on.
This feels so damn real it's crazy.

Man that was good.
Sully really is trying to take care of Ben.

Ben man ... ='(
Leveling cities in a
matter of moments!!

blackbox lol

Akai__

I don't even know where to start. That was a great 1st episode. Forgot to say it after Episode 0, but I'm glad there's still ODST's.

- I hate ONI and the description of Midnight made me wish that we visit it in a game and bust out some prisoners.
- Poor Ben is still alive. I hope this Season ends with FERO breaking him out.
- "Say hello Blackbox." -"Hello Blackbox. I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself." LMAO
- Forerunners proceeding to attack outer colonies, like M'shak's reports suggested.

I don't even know where to start. That was a great 1st episode. Forgot to say it after Episode 0, but I'm glad there's still ODST's.

- I hate ONI and the description of Midnight made me wish that we visit it in a game and bust out some prisoners.
- Poor Ben is still alive. I hope this Season ends with FERO breaking him out.
- "Say hello Blackbox." -"Hello Blackbox. I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself." LMAO
- Forerunners proceeding to attack outer colonies, like M'shak's reports suggested.

The 5 colonies thing lines up with the first lines in the Fireteam Osiris intro. Have to assume its the Guardians.. but I guess it could be something else/related?

Can't wait to see what we get next week.. wonder if it'll be one 30-40 minute episode. It's going to be October 27th before I know it!

Trup1aya

Too much Halo goodness at once...

First of all, BB is back!!! And is as big an asshole as ever! I love it!

Time to speculate. My guesses:
We'll have to fight the rebels controlling the destroyed colony

We'll see Fero and Ben in-game at some point.

Cortana has been trying to warn ONI, though the hint made it seem like Halsey...

Top Bottom