• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

JayEH

Metal Gear is the only franchise that I can think of where each game is completely different from the last game. It's crazy that you can have completely different experiences with the same series.

Nothing of that stuff is in any of the other Metal Gear games.

*open world for the first time ever in the series
* brand new engine
* day & night cycle
* dynamic weather
* base building & multiplayer base infiltration
* seemless transition from cutscene to gameplay
* enemies change shifts during night & day (go to sleep, have a break etc.)
* The Fox Engine remembers when you replay a mission and you for example made too many headshots (enemies will wear helmets now)
* Buddy system

You want me to go on?
Yes, you can go on if you would like. I love bullshit passive aggressive posts like you want me to continue, like a kid that's high 5'ing himself thinking that they sure showed you. We've seen only 1 gameplay video of Uncharted and there's a ton of new changes, a ton of them. They pretty much took everything I wanted them to add to the game in single player. They've barely talked about it and just on one demo we know so much. I imagine we will get a ton more info during E3 esp for MP, something i am looking forward to.

lol at brand new engine. You can use the same engine by improving it and have a drastically different game.

Glad to see the Order hit the top 10, shame Rime didn't make it too though. Damn good top 20 all in all. What a year this will be.

BY2K

Membero Americo
That's funny. You're going all the way back to 1999 and then saying ND formula hasn't changed. They went from Crash to Jak to Uncharted and then TLOU. UC4 is a culmination of everything they have done in the past and looks splendid and will undoubtedly have a story that isn't all over the place like Metal Gear.

Of course Jak and Uncharted are different, they are different series! It's like saying Zelda games are all different because Nintendo also made Mario.

JayEH

Yes, you can go on if you would like. I love bullshit passive aggressive posts like you want me to continue, like a kid that's high 5'ing himself thinking that they sure showed you. We've seen only 1 gameplay video of Uncharted and there's a ton of new changes, a ton of them. They pretty much took everything I wanted them to add to the game in single player. They've barely talked about it and just on one demo we know so much. I imagine we will get a ton more info during E3 esp for MP, something i am looking forward to.

lol at brand new engine. You can use the same engine by improving it and have a drastically different game.

UC4 looks great but it's nothing compared to the changes made in not only MGSV but every game in the series.

Violet_0

Banned
Life is Strange, Broken Age - Act 2, Grim Fandango, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, Dreamfall Chapters, Below and Apotheon all make my top 10. I'm also really looking forward to playing a ton of titles I missed from 2014. Some good games in store for 2015 at least.

oh, now that's a list I can get behind, I like it. Throw in Zelda, Pillars and Ori And The Blind Forest and this could be a pretty decent

UC4 looks great but it's nothing compared to the changes made in not only MGSV but every game in the series.
The only changes that we know of is of a single 15 minute demo. We will have to wait and see how many more changes there are by E3's time. But based on a single demo, they showed a ton of new stuff. Not to mention that making the most changes =/= better game. Naughty Dog outdid Kojima by miles last gen, similar to I'd say Kojima outdid NG the previous gen.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The only changes that we know of is of a single 15 minute demo. We will have to wait and see how many more changes there are by E3's time. But based on a single demo, they showed a ton of new stuff.

No based of a single demo it looks more or less the same. Sure it will look prettier with bigger locations, better AI and some new toys to play with but overall FROM WHAT WE'VE SEEN SO FAR it's like the old Uncharted games.

Endo Punk

I love Metal Gear and have since MGS1 and acknowledge the changes in each entry and all the changes in PP but I am more excited about UC4. While as it stands MGSV looks to have more content but greatness isn't measured by getting the ol tape out. If that were the case no indie game would ever win against an open world game. Man MGS fanbase is cuckoo.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The only changes that we know of is of a single 15 minute demo. We will have to wait and see how many more changes there are by E3's time. But based on a single demo, they showed a ton of new stuff.

Besides the stealth stuff i haven't seen anything so different from other Uncharted games.

Dolor

I don't know if it has anything to do with you being PC-player, I'm console / handhelds only and on the top 20, there are only few games I'd even like to play:
Zelda
maybe Xenoblade
Batman
maybe Splatoon
Zelda MM (and that's just a remake..)
Star Fox

So 6 games maximum that I'd want to play, one of those is just a remake, two are a maybe, so I think a lot of tastes around here are niche, independent of platforms ;).

Hmmm... Maybe we're all just niche after all... Thanks! :)

Sn4ke_911

I love Metal Gear and have since MGS1 and acknowledge the changes in each entry and all the changes in PP but I am more excited about UC4. While as it stands MGSV looks to have more content but greatness isn't measured by getting the ol tape out. If that were the case no indie game would ever win against an open world game. Man MGS fanbase is cuckoo.

Don't worry, we think the same about the ND fanbase over at the community thread.

but hey it's a battle nobody will win, so let's stop here, shall we?

Endo Punk

Besides the stealth stuff i haven't seen anything so different from other Uncharted games.

Yeah its same ol Uncharted. Cant beat Phanton Pains superior stealth by hiding on the side of a horse to fool guards that a spooky ghost leg is ridin horse, best not make eye content with it. Hiding under shrubbery?? pfft

Don't worry, we think the same about the ND fanbase over at the community thread.

but hey it's a battle nobody will win, so let's stop here, shall we?

Yes, lets. I love and will own both games anyway.

No based of a single demo it looks more or less the same. Sure it will look prettier with bigger locations, better AI and some new toys to play with but overall FROM WHAT WE'VE SEEN SO FAR it's like the old Uncharted games.
How is like the old Uncharted when you have different ways of going about things instead of a set, linear path, enemies being above below or next to you, traversal changing with slides ropes & moving around walls Tomb Raider 13' style? Are you seriously downplaying the AI we saw in the demo compared to what we have been used to as same old Uncharted? This game also shows that you can use stealth and it works, and that you don't have to kill every single enemy in your path?

All of this screams just same old same old to you? You and the other MGS fans that's angry over a pointless but fun award make very little sense. I wonder how you and the other MGS fan are going to react if Uncharted wins GOTY awards over MGSV? This game for a sequel who keeps its identity showed a ton of change. Saying otherwise is pretty insane. If you're asking more than what we got from that single demo, you should be asking for a different IP. It's that simple.

Chinner

Banned
I can''t really get excited for Uncharted 4 after Left Behind. While the graphics were good, I think charging 15 dollars was a bit steep for what was essentially a selfie & best friend simulator. I lost a little bit of faith as it's clear gameplay is second to story for Naughty Dog.

Sn4ke_911

Hahah Snake where you the guy that was so sure MGSV was going to win.

Haha yourself. I never said i'm sure but just check the thread. Again, i followed that thread very closely, looked at every post and since we know the top 2 i looked at it again and to me MGSV is the winner but hey whatever. Who cares, the earth is still turning ...both games will be amazing.

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
To be fair, a lot of us are really looking forward to the next Uncharted as well, and some of our staff worked on that series.

That being said, shows we got more to prove when it comes to MGS, but we're up to the challenge ;)

Endo Punk

I can''t really get excited for Uncharted 4 after Left Behind. While the graphics were good, I think charging 15 dollars was a bit steep for what was essentially a selfie & best friend simulator. I lost a little bit of faith as it's clear gameplay is second to story for Naughty Dog.

It felt appropriate but not for all I guess. And it was DLC so they were a bit experimental with it. UC4 will undoubtely be gameplay heavy if the psx demo is anythingg to go by.

Game4life

Banned
Nothing of that stuff is in any of the other Metal Gear games.

*open world for the first time ever in the series
* brand new engine
* day & night cycle
* dynamic weather
* base building & multiplayer base infiltration
* seamless transition from cutscene to gameplay
* enemies change shifts during night & day (go to sleep, have a break etc.)
* The Fox Engine remembers when you replay a mission and you for example made too many headshots (enemies will wear helmets now)
* Buddy system

You want me to go on?

You can make this kind of a list for most sequels

Uncharted 4

* new expanded tools including rope, hook etc for traversal and combat

* multiple paths to navigate ( no single golden path rule, each path the player chooses will have its own unique dangers )

* Wider sandboxes combining a lot of verticality, navigation options

* side stories that you can choose to see or not see

* Improved companion AI and combat AI that improves on TLOU even more

* first time including robust stealth that allows breaking line of sight etc etc..

Like any one can make bullet points for their favorite games. Yours in MGS his is uncharted neither one is a bad choice really.

/DEAD

Haha yourself. I never said i'm sure but just check the thread. Again, i followed that thread very closely, looked at every post and since we know the top 2 i looked at it again and to me MGSV is the winner but hey whatever. Who cares, the earth is still turning ...both games will be amazing.

It was a close battle, UC4 and MGSV are quite ahead of 3rd and 4th, but the PSX demo really got people excited.

You can make this kind of a list for most sequels

Uncharted 4

* new expanded tools including rope, hook etc for traversal and combat

* multiple paths to navigate ( no single golden path rule, each path the player chooses will have its own unique dangers )

* Wider sandboxes combining a lot of verticality, navigation options

* side stories that you can choose to see or not see

* Improved companion AI and combat AI that improves on TLOU even more

* first time including robust stealth that allows breaking line of sight etc etc..

Like any one can make bullet points for their favorite games. Yours in MGS his is uncharted neither one is a bad choice really.
plotwist, mgs3 and u2 are some of my favorite games. I just find their line of thinking completely nonsensical calling not enough changes after what we saw from that demo, or that those who have the most changes = better. Then again opinions, everyone has one :\

Sn4ke_911

To be fair, a lot of us are really looking forward to the next Uncharted as well, and some of our staff worked on that series.

That being said, shows we got more to prove when it comes to MGS, but we're up to the challenge ;)

This is the "ultimate passion" Kojima was talking about on twitter. ;)

Game4life

Banned
plotwist, mgs3 and u2 are some of my favorite games.

Yeah I adored both of them. Infact both MGS3 and UC2 are lessons to every developer on the importance of pacing in games. Both are brilliantly paced. I think arguing which should be first or second is irrelevant. Both are very good choices to be at the top.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I don't think anyone fights about it, most seems to be annoyed by The Order's ranking :p
I'm not annoyed by it and I voted for the game that would have taken its spot.

It's just an assembled hype list. I don't even question the result even though shinobi is obviously teh biasezd for Order!!!!111oenneneoe

Endo Punk

If you had told my 2008 hardcore mgs fan self that I would be a bigger UC fan I would think you're crazy since I thought UC1 was fun but lacking title. Despite looking forward to the phantom pain the lore and characters don't hold the same appeal to me anymore. Im just not into the story as I was. Luckily they are not just stories but fun and exciting gameplay which has me quite hyped for PP. Now if Revengeance 2 was confirmed UC and MGS would be nowhere the hype I would have for that game.

Yeah I adored both of them. Infact both MGS3 and UC2 are lessons to every developer on the importance of pacing in games. Both are brilliantly paced. I think arguing which should be first or second is irrelevant. Both are very good choices to be at the top.
I'm getting both day 1. I think MGS4 was the only special edition case/game that I have on my PS3/Wii last gen. To me it's not about the picks but the guy's comment that bothered. It annoys me when people look for enough changes to a series where at that point it may as well be a different franchise altogether. :\

Nice work, Shinobi and anyone else who helped the counting. :)

It's nice to see one of my anticipated games (in my 2-game list lol), MGSV: The Phantom Pain, make it to the 2nd spot. I was really surprised that it even made it that far. I really hope that the final product deserves such a lofty spot.

I don't really care much about Uncharted 4 since I'll never get to play it, but it is looking really impressive, especially the gameplay, interactivity and the small graphical details that make the overall game look more impressive. TLOU was fantastic as well, so it's not surprising that it took the first spot - increased confidence in Naughty Dog.

And for those arguing whether MGSV: TPP is better or more different than Uncharted and vice-versa, it's best to wait for the actual product and take into account different people's tastes, the developer's track record and quality of previous games and how much coverage the game has gotten. Otherwise it comes off as extreme fanboy-ish nonsense and drivel.

MGSV: TPP may have quite a few new features, but that doesn't mean that they transform the game into something really different than its predecessors. Furthermore, UC4 has only gotten a bit of coverage and it comes off from TLOU, while MGSV:TPP comes off PW and GZ.

So it's kinda silly to really argue about it at this stage, especially when some people don't want to differentiate from 2 different situations.

Well said, Robert.

Endo Punk

.... Nate would kick Snake's arse, all of'em.

alright Im done lol. Back to swooning over Bloodborne. If that doesn't become my goty I will be shocked.

Nice work, Shinobi and anyone else who helped the counting. :)

It's nice to see one of my anticipated games (in my 2-game list lol), MGSV: The Phantom Pain, make it to the 2nd spot. I was really surprised that it even made it that far. I really hope that the final product deserves such a lofty spot.

I don't really care much about Uncharted 4 since I'll never get to play it, but it is looking really impressive, especially the gameplay, interactivity and the small graphical details that make the overall game look more impressive. TLOU was fantastic as well, so it's not surprising that it took the first spot - increased confidence in Naughty Dog.

And for those arguing whether MGSV: TPP is better or more different than Uncharted and vice-versa, it's best to wait for the actual product and take into account different people's tastes, the developer's track record and quality of previous games and how much coverage the game has gotten. Otherwise it comes off as extreme fanboy-ish nonsense and drivel.

MGSV: TPP may have quite a few new features, but that doesn't mean that they transform the game into something really different than its predecessors. Furthermore, UC4 has only gotten a bit of coverage and it comes off from TLOU, while MGSV:TPP comes off PW and GZ.

So it's kinda silly to really argue about it at this stage, especially when some people don't want to differentiate from 2 different situations.

Rogue Agent? More like Rogue Kojima Worshiper!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Game4life

Banned

It looks stunning already.

FireCloud

Yeah, thanks Shinobi and those who helped for the tedious work!

I'm excited for most of the games on that list. Not sure when I'll find time to play them all.....gotta GAF y'know.

Wavebossa

This is why I bought nothing this Christmas season... I'm buying every PC/Wii-U game on that list.

Batman and Zelda U Day 1

Battlefront Day 0

Ricker

No Division? I'm surprised, I'm pretty excited for it.

2015 is looking like a great year for games.

I think UBI had their lesson in 2014 on overhyping games lol...kinda surprised its not even in the top 20 as well...and no Indie game,awww ;)

Lunar15

Kind of confused by this post. Why wouldn't Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and Persona 5 be on the most anticipated game list?

Uncharted 2/TLOU responses were loud everywhere. Demon Souls/Dark Souls 1 were the same way on a smaller scale. Persona series been great and had a active fan base. It got much bigger between Persona 3-P4G. Persona 5 is on almost all of the most anticipated games of 2015 lists from the big gaming sites.

The Order is the only other Sony exclusive in the top 10 and that's the only questionable game out of those 4 games to me.

Oh, not surprised that all of those games are up there, nor do I think they shouldn't be on there. Well, The Order was kind of surprising.

It's more the composition: Uncharted being first, The Order making it on there, etc

It's not a slight at sony fans (proud owner of a Vita and soon to be PS4 owner), just a comment that the chips fell in sony's favor and it's not surprising given the large amount of sony fans on the board... which more falls in line with how big the PS4 got this generation.

Christhor

Pretty boring list, not really any surprise picks, although that's bound to happen when you get a bunch of people to vote for things like these.

Glad to see Yakuza 5 found it's way on there, even though the game will probably bomb.

Top Bottom