• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

Dolor

Reading that list makes me feel like I am in the twilight zone or something. So console-focused.

I guess my tastes are too niche...

Faustek

Does this mean JRPG's aren't dead? That people have finally figured out that Squeenix isn't the only company?
Now to hope that this translates to sales as well :D

Salex_

Pretty different from my list, but hey, different opinions!

I can't say I'm personally all that excited about Uncharted. Graphically it should be great, but I think they really only hit it out of the park once in terms of gameplay (Uncharted 2).

This is a pretty Sony-centric list. I think that makes sense given that I've always seen Sony fans as the louder force on GAF. Nothing wrong with that, though, totally pumped for what the PS4 has to offer this year!

Kind of confused by this post. Why wouldn't Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and Persona 5 be on the most anticipated game list?

Uncharted 2/TLOU responses were loud everywhere. Demon Souls/Dark Souls 1 were the same way on a smaller scale. Persona series been great and had a active fan base. It got much bigger between Persona 3-P4G. Persona 5 is on almost all of the most anticipated games of 2015 lists from the big gaming sites.

The Order is the only other Sony exclusive in the top 10 and that's the only questionable game out of those 4 games to me.

bigjig

Great list of games :p If even half of these games actually come out we'll be in for a bumper year.

Special note goes to Japanese devs bringing the heat. 5 games in the top 10 and 10 games in the top 20. I guess the rumors of their death were greatly exaggerated. :)

DJIzana

Meh... is alright for me. 6/10 on the main list for me. Not bad. Not huge on Uncharted 4, MGSV, The Order 1886 or Batman but may keep an open mind. We'll see...

Horns

Very little surprises in the top 10 other than The Order being so high. I'm sure it'll be a good game and will look amazing, but from what I read there are some concerns with gameplay.

Endo Punk

What's with all the hate for The Order?

bad previews and mostly negative hands on impressions all year long. Developers touting hollywood influence and claiming gameplay is something they "have to do", qte everyhere and really linear almost tunnel like level design. It will take a miracle for the game to live up to the hype.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Man you're apparently really annoyed at what people voted. Next time you need to rally your fellow avatars and get on it for your own sake.

Are you denying that Uncharted 4 doesn't look like an Uncharted game?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
No. I imagine the reason it scores so highly is because it's an Uncharted game by Naughty Dog.

Edit: To clarify: It is about all your posts, like the ones questioning the counting and results because the game you're apparently mega hyped for didn't get #1 in a community voting process where everyone has an equal voice.

Batzi

Banned
No. I imagine the reason it scores so highly is because it's an Uncharted game by Naughty Dog.

Edit: To clarify: It is about all your posts, like the ones questioning the counting and results because the game you're apparently mega hyped for didn't win.

Those Sony fanboys..

I saw it. Looked AMAZING. Still Uncharted.
What does that mean? Because MGS looks like MGS. Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 was a huge improvement. U3 to U4 also looks like an awesome improvement, stealth added, verticality of gameplay looked amazing, the AI looked like a huge improvement, traversal/exploring additions like rope and the item to climb up, going on slides while shooting, different ways to take instead of it being super linear. Only sequel that didn't evolve as much was Uncharted 3 from the previous game.

So again, what the fuck does Uncharted looking like Uncharted mean?

Riho Hyena

Neo Member
I'd say my most anticipated games would be Metal Gear Solid V and Bloodborne. Although No Man's Sky looks cool, I can't get rid of the feeling that that thing is just too good to be true.

Edit: To clarify: It is about all your posts, like the ones questioning the counting and results because the game you're apparently mega hyped for didn't get #1 in a community voting process where everyone has an equal voice.

I know it can be hard to read through sarcasm on the Internet, but Sn4ke_911 was merely having a giggle.

Or was he?!

ALL FOR REVENGE

YOU FEEL IT TOO, DON'T YOU?

Daante

I saw it. Looked AMAZING. Still Uncharted.

I feel you can apply this thinking/argumentation to almost every huge game franchise out there.

New witcher/halo/zelda game looks amazing, but its still kinda the same formula as before.

Sn4ke_911

What does that mean? Because MGS looks like MGS. Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 was a huge improvement. U3 to U4 also looks like an awesome improvement, stealth added, verticality of gameplay looked amazing, the AI looked like a huge improvement, traversal/exploring additions like rope and the item to climb up, going on slides while shooting. Only sequel that didn't evolve as much was Uncharted 3 from the previous game.

So wrong. MGSV looks nothing like the old MGS games.

I enjoy uncharted, not a huge fan of the series, but uncharted 4 looks like a huge step up in terms of gameplay, environments are much larger and not as anywhere as linear as the past uncharted games, gameplay looks way more dynamic then ever before, stealth looks great, and so does the ai, use of grappling looks very fun and should add a new dimension to the gameplay, it looks like a Mario nes to Mario 3 jump to me in terms of gameplay.

Violet_0

Banned
I didn't vote but seeing Uncharted at #1 above The Witcher, Bloodborne, Zelda is - kinda surprising, really. And listing Pillars of Eternity only at #20 is sort of criminal, but not that unexpected

Batzi

Banned
What does that mean? Because MGS looks like MGS. Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 was a huge improvement. U3 to U4 also looks like an awesome improvement, stealth added, verticality of gameplay looked amazing, the AI looked like a huge improvement, traversal/exploring additions like rope and the item to climb up, going on slides while shooting, different ways to take instead of it being super linear. Only sequel that didn't evolve as much was Uncharted 3 from the previous game.

It means ND's formula hasn't changed. Same old same old with better graphics. Get it now? MGS1 is nothing like MGS2. MGS3 was on a different level that spawned games like Portable Ops, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and now The Phantom Pain. MGS4 made Rising possible.

Endo Punk

So wrong. MGSV looks nothing like the old MGS games.

Love Metal Gear but it simply doesn't deserve to be ranked higher than Uncharted because its coming off of the shady business tactic that was Ground Zeroes. It split fans and is a disgusting practice. ND coming off of TLOU and Left Behind so clearly there is more momentum going for them than Metal Gear.

Sn4ke_911

How does it not look like older games? Shouldn't games from the same franchise unless it's FF look somewhat like previous iterations?

Nothing of that stuff is in any of the other Metal Gear games.

*open world for the first time ever in the series
* brand new engine
* day & night cycle
* dynamic weather
* base building & multiplayer base infiltration
* seamless transition from cutscene to gameplay
* enemies change shifts during night & day (go to sleep, have a break etc.)
* The Fox Engine remembers when you replay a mission and you for example made too many headshots (enemies will wear helmets now)
* Buddy system

You want me to go on?

I would say that's not true at all, as the new MGS has a lot of aspects to it that aren't like the others, such as improved gameplay, the (seeming) lack of Hayter, and the (seemingly) darker attitude.
Ahh so getting a new voice actor apparently counts as a totally different game. We don't even know if Kojima is trolling us and he shows up halfway through the game, since we know that can't happen. :|
It means ND's formula hasn't changed. Same old same old with better graphics. Get it now? MGS1 is nothing like MGS2. MGS3 was on a different level that spawned games like Portable Ops, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and now The Phantom Pain. MGS4 made Rising possible.
I just listed several reasons why the new game seems like a different game than its predecessor. At this point, if you ask for more than you should be asking for a different IP. There's loads of changes based on the demo that we saw, all for me were positive changes as well. Whether the game plays exactly like that is another story, but I hope the Indiana Jones rope does, esp online..

Endo Punk

That's funny. You're going all the way back to 1999 and then saying ND formula hasn't changed. They went from Crash to Jak to Uncharted and then TLOU. UC4 is a culmination of everything they have done in the past and looks splendid and will undoubtedly have a story that isn't all over the place like Metal Gear.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Reading that list makes me feel like I am in the twilight zone or something. So console-focused.

I guess my tastes are too niche...

I don't know if it has anything to do with you being PC-player, I'm console / handhelds only and on the top 20, there are only few games I'd even like to play:
Zelda
maybe Xenoblade
Batman
maybe Splatoon
Zelda MM (and that's just a remake..)
Star Fox

So 6 games maximum that I'd want to play, one of those is just a remake, two are a maybe, so I think a lot of tastes around here are niche, independent of platforms ;).

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Love Metal Gear but it simply doesn't deserve to be ranked higher than Uncharted because its coming off of the shady business tactic that was Ground Zeroes. It split fans and is a disgusting practice. ND coming off of TLOU and Left Behind so clearly there is more momentum going for them than Metal Gear.

Do you honestly believe that Kojima wanted the Ground Zeroes situation to happen? He probably was going to released both of them in a single package, but Konami needed to get some money back since Kojima had been working on TPP and FOX Engine for years.
Still don't see how that matter tho, Ground Zeroes is easily a 5 to 8 hour game doing a casual run though all the missions, not even touching S Ranks, Hard mode, the Extra Ops, or getting all tapes.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
That's funny. You're going all the way back to 1999 and then saying ND formula hasn't changed. They went from Crash to Jak to Uncharted and then TLOU. UC4 is a culmination of everything they have done in the past and looks splendid and will undoubtedly have a story that isn't all over the place like Metal Gear.

Sorry to ask, but what does UC4 have to do with Crash Bandicoot, other than the developer?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
While Bloodborne, The Order 1886 and No Man's Sky all make my list of anticipated games of 2015 I can now clearly see how much my own taste in games differ from gamers in general. I didn't vote in the voting thread so I have only myself to blame for not being a part of the statistics.

Life is Strange, Broken Age - Act 2, Grim Fandango, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, Dreamfall Chapters, Below and Apotheon all make my top 10. I'm also really looking forward to playing a ton of titles I missed from 2014. Some good games in store for 2015 at least.

Batzi

Banned
Nothing of that stuff is in any of the other Metal Gear games.

*open world for the first time ever in the series
* brand new engine
* day & night cycle
* dynamic weather
* base building & multiplayer base infiltration
* seamless transition from cutscene to gameplay
* enemies change shifts during night & day (go to sleep, have a break etc.)
* The Fox Engine remembers when you replay a mission and you for example made too many headshots (enemies will wear helmets now)
* Buddy system

You want me to go on?
The only common thing in all the Metal Gear games is the fact they're "A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME" and you can easily tell when you play them. Otherwise, they're nothing alike. What you've listed is one proof that they're all different. Snake Eater is another good example of how the series took a turn for the better of course!

Stoof

That's a pretty good list! I personally would have swapped out The Order for Splatoon, but that's just me. Looking forward to pretty much all those games.

Batzi

Banned

You're kidding right? I was strictly talking about the Uncharted series.

Top Bottom