• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

Oh, not surprised that all of those games are up there, nor do I think they shouldn't be on there. Well, The Order was kind of surprising.

It's more the composition: Uncharted being first, The Order making it on there, etc

It's not a slight at sony fans (proud owner of a Vita and soon to be PS4 owner), just a comment that the chips fell in sony's favor and it's not surprising given the large amount of sony fans on the board... which more falls in line with how big the PS4 got this generation.

Your surprised UC4 was first? The games have a massive following on GAF, especially Uncharted 2 which many regard as one of the best games last generation. Add to that the PS4's popularity and PSX demo's critical reception.

I would not have been surprised if any of the top 4 got 1st place on GAF.

Ori and the Blind Forest, where are you? :(

Either way, nice list, can't argue against it too much. Thanks for doing this Shinobi. Really appreciate the time and effort you put in.

reKon

Banned
damn.... I did not see The Order making this top list. The gameplay looks good and the graphics are outstanding, but I'm not sure if it's going to be as fun to play as TLoU was or as fun/dynamic of what we've seen from Uncharted 4 (
it won't
. I guess I'll just have to find out for myself...

MagnesD3

Uncharted, Arkham knight and especially the order seem very bland/uninteresting, not a fan that they got top ten :/ . Got 3 of my top ten at least with Zelda, mgsv and no mans sky, also more importantly star fox got top 20!! Woot!!

Bloodborne seems like one of those games you fantasize about in your head. New IP, inspired by the Tower of Latria, faster gameplay, Miyazaki directing, etc. It's the first 'must have' game I've seen on the new consoles. It just barely beats out Persona 5 for me.

NahaNago

i was expecting halo to get at least in the top ten, i guess the ,master chief collection did a number on the halo love.

My Wii U is ready for Xeno/Zelda/Star Fox.

Now I just need to buy a PS4, I basically want all the PS4 games in this list. And Ive never owned a PS3, so I need to but TLOU as well, and hope the Uncharted collection rumors are true.

I need to stop being a broke college student. Luckily I graduate this year. Id be so happy if I could buy one game a month.

reKon

Banned
Uncharted and the order seem very bland, can't believe they got top ten :/ . Got 3 out of ten at least and star fox got top 20!! Woot!!

Elaborate on what you mean by bland...

If it's purely gameplay, Uncharted 4 looks madly impressive for it is....

I want you to find a TPS that looks as dynamic and fun as what we've seen from Uncharted 4 (other than MGS - everyone knows that it looks insane and that's why it's in the top three). We've only seen Uncharted's base gameplay and to me, it looks extremely polished and fun to play through with better animations/attention to detail that any other console TPS I've played. If you're going to throw some shit out there like Vanquish, then that means you probably that you think all TPS's are bland (I've given you enough to respond to now, haha).

My Wii U is ready for Xeno/Zelda/Star Fox.

Now I just need to buy a PS4, I basically want all the PS4 games in this list. And Ive never owned a PS3, so I need to but TLOU as well, and hope the Uncharted collection rumors are true.

I need to stop being a broke college student. Luckily I graduate this year. Id be so happy if I could buy one game a month.

I played through TLoU Remastered for the first time during Christmas it will honestly not surprise me if that game ends up being better than most of the games this top ten 2015 list. The game was that good. I think the key is that you general enjoy TPS's and that you make it appropriately challenging. I played on hard with listening mode off.

Yudoken

MGS not no. 1?
Instead.... Uncharted?!?!
It looks ok but there wasn't anything I would say that the game looks more interesting than MGS (I love both series but MGS is way more interesting).
I would be ok with The Witcher 3 but Uncharted 3 is kinda a Call of Duty (it's ok but nothing new).

MagnesD3

Elaborate on what you mean by bland...

If it's purely gameplay, Uncharted 4 looks madly impressive for it is....

I want you to find a TPS that looks as dynamic and fun as what we've seen from Uncharted 4. We've only seen the base gameplay and to me, it looks extremely polished and fun to play through with better animations/attention to detail that any other console TPS I've played. If you're going to throw some shit out there like Vanquish, then that means you probably that you think all TPS's are bland (I've given you enough to respond to now, haha).
Uncharted is fun enough and it isn't bad but it just feels like a simple action movie that I play through, it just doesn't grab me a lot. Like how certain action movies are just popcorn flicks I consider it a popcorn game, it's a fun time but I don't take it seriously and it isn't super memorable or special to me because of it.

Last of us was great tho.

MGS not no. 1?
Instead.... Uncharted?!?!
It looks ok but there wasn't anything I would say that the game looks more interesting than MGS (I love both series but MGS is way more interesting).
I would be ok with The Witcher 3 but Uncharted 3 is kinda a Call of Duty (it's ok but nothing new).

Uncharted 4 adds plenty of new things. See:

You can make this kind of a list for most sequels

Uncharted 4

* seamless transition from cutscene to gameplay

* new expanded tools including rope, hook etc for traversal and combat

* multiple paths to navigate ( no single golden path rule, each path the player chooses will have its own unique dangers )

* Wider sandboxes combining a lot of verticality, navigation options

* side stories that you can choose to see or not see

* Improved companion AI and combat AI that improves on TLOU even more

* first time including robust stealth that allows breaking line of sight etc etc..

Like any one can make bullet points for their favorite games. Yours in MGS his is uncharted neither one is a bad choice really.

Blobbers

MGS fans (to put it lightly) heartaching all over the thread and firing on all cylinders. And I say this as a guy who put Uncharted at No 3 and MGSV No 5.

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
Awwww, Splatoon was so close to making the top 10...

Top ten games all look like they could be good, but I'm still pretty sceptical about NMS and The Order looks nice but nothing else about it has won me over.

I just hope that the games on this list fare better than last years list where most of the top ten were either disappointing, or delayed to 2015.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Yeah...but I've found the culprit lol, from the community thread:

I did not expect this from the MGS community xD
Wow that is extremely sad.

Literally requesting reinforcements into a different forum thread must be the most pathetic thing I've seen on GAF in a long time.

MGS fans (to put it lightly) heartaching all over the thread and firing on all cylinders. And I say this as a guy who put Uncharted at No 3 and MGSV No 5.

Sn4ke_911, Batzi, and JayEH do not speak for the entire "MGS community," nor do they account for all "MGS fans." They are the only members of GAF's outspoken MGS community who have actively looked to counter the results listed.

(They are three of my favorite people here. But they don't speak for everyone.)

Yeah...but I've found the culprit lol, from the community thread:

Wow that is extremely sad.

Literally requesting reinforcements into a different forum thread must be the most pathetic thing I've seen on GAF in a long time.
Agreed. Rallying troops for another thread? That's pretty...gross. Good reason to never set foot in that community I guess. Looks toxic.

There's nothing to combat here. It's an arbitrary list compiled based on fan votes with no actual implications. The end.

I really love the positive delving into of these kind of polls. I'm actually expecting much lower positions for the rest of my votes except MAYBE Darkest. We'll see.

#1 TitS: Second Chapter -> ???

#2 Persona 5 -> #6

#3 Bloodborne -> #4

#4 La-Mulana 2 -> ???

#5 Sunless Sea -> ???

#6 Darkest Dungeon -> ???

#7 Witcher 3 -> #5

#8 Tales of Zesteria -> ???

#9 Etrian Odyssey V -> ???

#10 Xenoblade X -> #7

Speaking of positivity...

Agreed. Rallying troops for another thread? That's pretty...gross. Good reason to never set foot in that community I guess. Looks toxic.

There's nothing to combat here. It's an arbitrary list compiled based on fan votes with no actual implications. The end.

You'd think people'd care enough to do that BEFORE voting ends, but nah.

Amir0x

Banned
La Maluna 2... I keep forgetting that's a thing. Would probably make my top 20

I was really anticipating Witcher 3 but the behind the scenes buzz seems to make me very apprehensive based on what some verified posters have said. So a bit worried!

I was really anticipating Witcher 3 but the behind the scenes buzz seems to make me very apprehensive based on what some verified posters have said. So a bit worried!

It's why it's my #7. If it's got a few knocks on it like 2, that's cool then. If it's (god forbid) a trainwreck, well, that'll lessen the damage.

Lunar15

Your surprised UC4 was first? The games have a massive following on GAF, especially Uncharted 2 which many regard as one of the best games last generation. Add to that the PS4's popularity and PSX demo's critical reception.

I would not have been surprised if any of the top 4 got 1st place on GAF.

I was just more used to back when the PS3 wasn't doing as hot, and sony exclusives were more of a niche thing. That's why it surprised me when it hit number 1 in this list. Makes sense in retrospect, given how big the PS4 is.

Also, personal bias: I didn't even list uncharted in my list, so I wasn't really thinking about it. Just kind of took me by surprise.

What are these posts? Can I get a link to them?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Don't go too hard on MGS-GAF. It's been now almost 7 years (!) since the last console MGS game and there is still no release date in sight for MGSV: TPP :/

Endo Punk

That's cute. Don't take it so seriously folks. Metal Gear community should have participated in the votes, or maybe they did but UC4 hype is just bigger. Which makes the win even more impressive. Congrats to ND, no pressure.

Definitely enjoyed the thought of comparing the initial list with the final results. I'm faintly surprised Naughty Dog nabbed the top spot although I should've known the hype following their last effort would still be an undeniable factor. I don't believe it'll feel as fresh as the adjustments in MGSV, but I'm confident it'll still be an enjoyable experience nonetheless. I originally featured the game in my original post, but I ultimately relegated it toward the "honorable" section along with Batman on the assumption they'll receive a re-release in the subsequent year with additional content. Witcher III was present at one moment as well; however, I must admit I've never beaten any entry in the series and I doubt it'd be a one-day purchase until I knock out Assassins of Kings at a minimum. I share the same sentiments about The Order being an interesting pick after the numerous mixed pre-release buzz. I wouldn't mind making it an impulse buy as a Sony exclusive, but I think it would be wise to view critical and user impressions before making the dive. Yakuza 5 receiving a notable spot on the list is an encouraging thought. I'm a tidbit of a cynic on the subject, but I think being a PSN exclusive stuck on a last-gen console might finally be the nail in the coffin for Western fans (which I've sadly come to accept) and I've grabbed a physical Japanese copy to place on the shelf. In the end, it sounds like we'll have a great year of titles!
  1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (#02)
  2. Bloodborne (#04)
  3. Persona 5 (#06)
  4. Godzilla (N/A)
  5. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (#15)
  6. Steins;Gate (N/A)
  7. Life Is Strange (N/A)
  8. Until Dawn (N/A)
  9. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (N/A)
  10. Xenoblade Chronicles X (#07)
  11. Honorable Mentions: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (#01), The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (#05), Batman: Arkham Knight (#09), The Order: 1886 (#10), Yakuza 5 (#19)

Yudoken

Uncharted 4 adds plenty of new things. See:

Yeah, I know but I still stand my point (as much as I like Uncharted series, I played all four games).
Uncharted 4 looks cool but I still think MGS is going to be a more interesting game.
Especially after all that we have seen.
And pc version hype.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't believe there are people upset at a ~50 point difference in 1 and 2. The top choices are all exceedingly close.

Top Bottom