• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid V previews coming 6/9 (no story info though)

I hope the new E3 trailer shows people that there is plenty of story in MGSV.

I hope so too but within reason. Mgs4 showed too much in the pre release trailers; I've been hoping that Kojima learned from that and this is why we only see the same stuff over and over again. I'm hopeful that there will be a lot more to the story than what we've seen.

Furyous

Few things about the preview from Gamekult. (french gaming site)

- Not open world, small, medium, big maps. I guess this was known.

- After 12 hours, it seems like a big prologue, almost no story development, the main missions looks like secondary missions ( go save a dude, go find something in a base)

- Gameplay is solid like ground zeroes.

- Bad rhythm.

- Not much cinematics.

- The first 12 hours so far is mainly to pimp out the mother base.

- The size of the maps can make things interesting.

- You choose missions from a HUB, pick the ones you want randomly.

- Almost no story progression after 12 hours.

- After 12 hours, the game was 10% done.

- The maps doesn't feel alive, no civilians etc (after 12 hours)

The guy is a big fan of MGS, but for now except form the gameplay, he thinks its meh. Let's hope the story picks up because after 12 hours, it feels like a big mother base training.

The game takes 120 hours to complete? I'm worried about no story progression after 12 hours. Only so much base building one can do before I get bored. What does the author mean when he writes the game is not open world?

Is there one comprehensive post with all of the impressions somewhere or did I miss it?

I'm in denial about the plot. I'm secretly hoping that Kojima gave them a different preview build that's unlike the actual game, or something.

I'm secretly hoping the opposite. It does sound like there's a lot of 'filler' missions with no cutscenes but if they're anything like the Side ops in GZ I'm fine with that, I've always wanted the 3D MG games to make more of the gameplay they've got.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I think people will eat crow when it comes to the story and cutscenes of this game. Kojima always talked about the story in his interviews, how he tries to write Big Boss so that people still have a sympathy for him even though everyone knows he will turn into the villain.

Well, I most certainly hope you're right.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope so too but within reason. Mgs4 showed too much in the pre release trailers; I've been hoping that Kojima learned from that and this is why we only see the same stuff over and over again. I'm hopeful that there will be a lot more to the story than what we've seen.

Yeah I have a feeling Kojima wants to show as less as possible with this game, if the other trailers are any indication. Just take a look at all the TPP trailers so far, yes of course he had to show some stuff but the fact that we know pretty much nothing of the actual story after all those trailers shows to me that he chooses the scenes for his trailers now more carefully and not spoil full bosses, locations and what not.

He always teased stuff but never revealed anything, I hope he keeps it this way with this trailer but i'm pretty sure. Kojima clearly doesn't want people to know much about this game's story and i'm glad Konami is on his side with this. Otherwise the previews wouldn't have such a strict story NDA.

Pachimari

I haven't been able to read any of the previews but what new stuff have we gotten?

- Healing system explained
- Secondary objectives can be done in an open world and affect your main missions.
- DD can scoug for items and enemies.
- There's classic boss battles.
- Mother Base infiltration can be turned off.

Have I missed some features?

Slowdive

Banned
I haven't been able to read any of the previews but what new stuff have we gotten?

- Secondary objectives can be done in an open world and affect your main missions.

You can change your breathing when lying down when enemies are close to you.

You can toboggan down hills on top of a flattened cardboard box

Sn4ke_911

Here is some more stuff:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057320

De_Legend

Banned
The game takes 120 hours to complete? I'm worried about no story progression after 12 hours. Only so much base building one can do before I get bored. What does the author mean when he writes the game is not open world?

Is there one comprehensive post with all of the impressions somewhere or did I miss it?

I translated from french to english, sorry if not everything is perfectly translatable.

Not open world means... it's not like Skyrim or GTA when you can go wherever you want. You have missions to do, within a map, small, medium or big. And from what I can understand you cannot go everywhere on the map either. I hope it's clearer for you now..

120h to finish at 100%, maybe. Just the main story though? I don't think so.

Pachimari

Man I gotta admit I'm a little worried and have been for a while. I saw myself as one of the biggest fans of the franchise from MGS1 through MGS3, and I think MGS2 is my favorite. But then came MGS4 and ruined everything for me, so I didn't even bother playing through Peace Walked.

Thankfully everything looks cool about The Phantom Pain, but at the same time, everything I like about Metal Gear seems to be downplayed.

I love a lot of cutscenes, the codec conversations and such. At least I hope they'll add subtitles to the casette tapes (of do they already have that in Ground Zeroes? I don't remember).

I'm also worried about it all dragging out; the main missions feeling like secondary objectives; and too few variations in the landscape. Also the limitations surrounding a missions sucks.

Or maybe I should just stop worrying.

HonMirin

Yeah I have a feeling Kojima wants to show as less as possible with this game, if the other trailers are any indiction. Just take a look at all the TPP trailers so far, yes of course he had to show some stuff but the fact that we know pretty much nothing of the actual story after all those trailers shows to me that he chooses the scenes for his trailers now more carefully and not spoil full bosses, locations and what not.

He always teased stuff but never revealed anything, I hope he keeps it this way with this trailer but i'm pretty sure. Kojima clearly doesn't want people to know much about this game's story and i'm glad Konami is on his side with this. Otherwise the previews wouldn't have such a strict story NDA.

I agree with this. Kojima is known for twists and switcharoos, to show his hand in the first section of the game (or 12 hours) is gaming suicide.

I think there might be moments in game where old snake hallucinates and makes some pretty horrific decisions, based on some of the images and videos. Possibly by the end of the game he becomes super paranoid about everyone and everything...

Ishida

Banned
I think people will eat crow when it comes to the story and cutscenes of this game. Kojima always talked about the story in his interviews, how he tries to write Big Boss so that people still have a sympathy for him even though everyone knows he will turn into the villain.

God, I hope not. The previous games in the franchise already showed Big Boss as tragic anti-hero.

I don't want to feel sympathy of Big Boss anymore. I want TPP to turn him into a despicable villain, a true monster descending more and more into the abyss until you, the player, can no longer feel bad about his past.

I want to hate this guy as much as I did during Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

Sn4ke_911

I translated from french to english, sorry of not everything is perfectly translatable.

Not open world means... it's not like Skyrim or GTA when you can go wherever you want. You have missions to do, within a map, small, medium or big. And from what I can understand you cannot go everywhere on the map either. I hope it's clearer for you now..

Wrong, you can go wherever you want, but when you do a mission and go outside the mission area you abandon the mission but you can still free roam around the map.

Most previewers loved this system, they said the mission area is huge, you have lots of options etc. It feels like Metal Gear levels inside an open world.

MrMatt555

*creeps back into thread* what's going on, guys? Is it safe now? Last time I came into this thread Brazil was spoiling shit.

De_Legend

Banned
Wrong, you can go wherever you want, but when you do a mission and go outside the mission area you abandon the mission but you can still free roam around the map.

Most previewers loved this system, they said the mission area is huge, you have lots of options etc. It feels like Metal Gear levels inside an open world.

It's still not one world that you can explore, that's what I'm getting at.

Anyway, from people who have played the game^^

It's still not one world that you can explore, that's what I'm getting at.

Anyway, from people who have played the game^^

Not one world, no, but the whole Afghanistan area is supposed to be explorable if you're not in a mission, and there's also some missions which do involve the entire Afghanistan map.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
MGS2 is insane, but brilliant.

It's probably the most frustrating sequel for those who are looking for a straightforward followup... But oh the essays you could write about it!

That's exactly why I think it's genius.

In a world where multi-million dollar AAA titles played it as safe as possible to appeal to the broadest demographic (and still do), Kojima and Co took one of the most eagerly awaited sequels in all of gamedom and went:

9Za4Mj4.gif

They made a game powered by a huge pair of punk rock balls.

What other game has ever made the player literally experience a main character's mindset? He went beyond just using the game, he went and used the bloody hype and the marketing leading up to release to put you in Raiden's boots. That's insane.

You'll never see that again.

Between all the masturbating Snakes, naked Raidens and birds shitting in your eye, Kojima made a genuinely thoughtful point about games, gamers and, well, the nature of fucking reality at the end of the 20th Century. He took the opportunity to use the platform he was granted to actually say something. On top of that, he went and hung an actual game that was pretty much the zenith of that Line of Sight style stealth the series was famous for.

I mean, even if you didn't like it and it didn't work for you at all and you had a terrible time with it (not you specifically, Boco), you have to at least respect the fact Kojima tried something so bloody ballsy. I mean, come on: he even gave us the exact sequel we didn't know we'd always wanted, by way of apology. :)

Sn4ke_911

Not one world, no, but the whole Afghanistan area is supposed to be explorable if you're not in a mission, and there's also some missions which do involve the entire map.

Exactly, open world doesn't mean it must be one world.

De_Legend

Banned
Not one world, no, but the whole Afghanistan area is supposed to be explorable if you're not in a mission.

Yeah, but from what the guy said, you can't go everywhere in the area, like the moutains in the background etc.

And he's talking about the first zone (Afghanistan) so maybe later on, the zones are more open or whatever.

KJRS_1993

Some of you guys are fanatics of this game to a fault.

They haven't cut down on character development. It's Kojima's master vision to make you sympathise more for Big Boss.
They haven't cut down on cinematics - It's just the journalists didn't see them as they weren't far enough into the game (by 12 hours).
Advertising the game as an open world doesn't mean it HAS to actually be an open world silly!

This game could directly promote the kicking of orphans and some people would defend it as a smaller part of Kojima san's master plan that nobody else would understand.

The fanaticism is getting a little much.

De_Legend

Banned

They haven't cut down on character development. It's Kojima's master vision to make you sympathise more for Big Boss.
They haven't cut down on cinematics - It's just the journalists didn't see them as they weren't far enough into the game (by 12 hours).
Advertising the game as an open world doesn't mean it HAS to actually be an open world silly!

This game could directly promote the kicking of orphans and some people would defend it as a smaller part of Kojima san's master plan that nobody else would understand.

Well... I agree.

Venom Fox

Banned
£57.99

That is the price of the standard edition of MGSV on the PlayStation store.

That, ladies and gentlemen is called "taking the piss".

Seriously, how the fuck can they get away with that when it's like £42-£45 at retail?

FiraB

Banned
Yeah, but from what the guy said, you can't go everywhere in the area, like the moutains in the background etc.

Hope he's wrong, though.
There will naturally be artificial barriers in the game, believing it would be skyrim or GTAV where you can go everywhere you see was never the intention of the design, that should have been obvious from the videos and the maps we've seen.

mgs4 aside, most mgs games have 4-6 hours of cutscenes. i'd be shocked if mgsv doesn't have 4-6 hours of cutscenes. but it will have 50+ hours of gameplay, which is where the big difference is.

not hard to see that there will be a solid amount of cutscenes interspersed throughout the experience. kojima also compared it to a tv show vs. prior mgs games which had the pacing of a movie. so based on that it's pretty obvious that the plot will ramp up over time and be faster paced towards the end (like a tv show)

that's not fanaticism. it's a logical response

eso76

I'm secretly hoping the opposite. It does sound like there's a lot of 'filler' missions with no cutscenes but if they're anything like the Side ops in GZ I'm fine with that, I've always wanted the 3D MG games to make more of the gameplay they've got.

. As long as main story missions are unique enough and have their own "choreography". I don't want the game to be a series of side missions with tiny and seemingly abstract goals and little character, eventually triggering a cutscene and an advancement in story.

De_Legend

Banned
There will naturally be artificial barriers in the game, believing it would be skyrim or GTAV where you can go everywhere you see was never the intention of the design, that should have been obvious from the videos and the maps we've seen.

I'm just translating what the guy is saying so yeah..

Maybe not everybody knew that :)

the funny thing is is that GTA's missions are very, very linear. go to this waypoint, kill those 5 guys. chase this guy, etc etc. there's more freedom and gameplay options in GZ and it's side mission than almost any GTA mission. GTA missions are ridiculously linear and hand-holdy. so are witcher 3s.

KJRS_1993

kojima also compared it to a tv show vs. prior mgs games which had the pacing of a movie. so based on that it's pretty obvious that the plot will ramp up over time and be faster paced towards the end (like a tv show)

That also sounds like the plot of a movie to me.

And to be honest, I'm not bothered if it's paced like a movie, or a TV show. I'm not watching a movie or a TV show. If the first twelve hours of story is boring and shit for a video game (like numerous previews have said), then that's disappointing. No amount of "it's intentionally boring cause it's meant to be like TV!" is going to sell me on that.

Plenty of people were too disappointed when Assassin's Creed III took too long to get going. It may be the same again here.

cackhyena

the funny thing is is that GTA's missions are very, very linear. go to this waypoint, kill those 5 guys. chase this guy, etc etc. there's more freedom and gameplay options in GZ and it's side mission than almost any GTA mission. GTA missions are ridiculously linear and hand-holdy. so are witcher 3s.

Yep.

And to be honest, I'm not bothered if it's paced like a movie, or a TV show. I'm not watching a movie or a TV show. If the first twelve hours of story is boring and shit for a video game (like numerous previews have said), then that's disappointing. No amount of "it's intentionally boring cause it's meant to be like TV!" is going to sell me on that.

Plenty of people were too disappointed when Assassin's Creed III took too long to get going. It may be the same again here.

ass creed took too long to get going as a whole. storyline and gameplay. that's a poor comparison.

Risev1

I can count the previews that said the first 12 hours of the game are boring and shit on a couple of fingers maybe.

Those who praised the first 12 hours I'd need over 10 set of hands to count.

Sure, we may be a little biased towards the game since we're MGS fans, but how is doing the exact opposite and being pessimistic even though 95% of the previews said the game was fantastic any different?

Sn4ke_911

I completely agree with this, yes GTA is an open world game, you can go wherever you want but when it comes to missions it's very linear, TPP gives you much much more freedom to do your mission.

Hmm... do i want to climb up that mountain and snipe everyone, or maybe wait for the night and then try sneaking in from the otherside, ooh no i got it i use my phantom cigar and wait until a sandstorm is here and then try to avoid everyone, or call the chopper to focus the guards on the chopper, maybe let it kill them while i get what i need...

And i haven't even started talking about the buddies like DD the dog or Quiet the sniper.

How and from where and when you approach your mission that is totally up to you.... this game will have almost endless possibilities.

Like some previewers said it will revolutionize the open world and stealth genre.

Someone even called it the first next generation game.

Venom Fox

Banned
What? GZ's missions are linear in the same exact way.
Go here, blow up these AA guns,escape.
Go here, extract these prisoners, escape.

Let's not get things twisted here, GTAV's missions may have been a tad hand holdy and linear.
From what I've read MGSV's will be structured in the same way, go here, rescue that prisoner, escape in the chopper.
Hell they even have the fake boundaries now in place for MGSV.

As for TW3, I personally cannot fault the missions, for me they have raised the bar very high.

Risev1

Story wise, it could be a good comparison though, if nothing was cut off the previews.

I wouldn't say it is exactly a good comparison. The complaints regarding Assassin's Creed 3 being slow were mostly pointed at the gameplay itself. The game itself was limited by its slow story progression since half the major gameplay features were locked behind story progression.

From what we've read, the gameplay is very fast to move along and open up in TPP.

Let's not get things twisted here, GTAV's missions may have been a tad hand holdy and linear.
From what I've read MGSV's will be structured in the same way, go here, rescue that prisoner, escape in the chopper.

As for TW3, I personally cannot fault the missions, for me they have raised the bar very high.

the difference is you can approach the missions in a wide variety of ways, with a wide variety of methods. GTA and witcher are far more limited in that approach. GTA is a really fun open world sandbox, when you're not in missions-mode. but as soon as you start a mission, it's wayyyy more linear than what we've seen in GZ and especially TPP. witcher 3 is even worse. it's closer to early GTA style missions. you're just following directions the entire time. the only impact you have on how to approach a mission is through dialogue options.

FiraB

Banned

I think they mean more the approach and execution of missions and not the mission objectives themselves.

If you fault a game based on the objectives and not how you get to them then even TW3 is horribly done in this department, every game is when you think about it. It isnt what the objective is but how you can go about doing it that is important and thats what GZ and TW3 allowed, freedom of execution.

KJRS_1993

I can count the previews that said the first 12 hours of the game are boring and shit on a couple of fingers maybe.

Those who praised the first 12 hours I'd need over 10 set of hands to count.

Sure, we may be a little biased towards the game since we're MGS fans, but how is doing the exact opposite and being pessimistic even though 95% of the previews said the game was fantastic any different?

I read the previews, the game sounds amazing, I'm super excited to play.
I'm talking about the story particularly - and I've definitely seen the complaint that it doesn't seem to go anywhere and that Big Boss is wooden and lacks personality a reasonable number of times.

I'm a fan of the series, but let's be realistic. Sometimes a fault is a fault. It can't all be waved away as intentional in another ploy of Hideo Kojima's unappreciated genius.
I look forward to playing it for myself and finding out what I think about the story, but until then, I'll trust the opinion of people who have played it.

RedSwirl

Ground Zeroes at least let's you do optional things, do objectives in whatever order you want (which actually affects the turn of events during the mission), and determine where/how you're going to extract. GTA missions tend to be fairly scripted driving sequences, outdoor shootouts, and indoor corridors. They don't allow for the same level of planning MGSV wants you to do.

If we're going to talk about the overall quality of all the games here, I may as well repost this:

Overall MGS game quality? That seems to be a hugely subjective thing.

I personally like Peace Walker a lot. The controls felt surprisingly smooth and modern considering the PSP's restrictions. It of course feels superb on the Dual Shock 3. I already explained why the base building works so well -- I felt a real feedback loop out of it. The missions, while small, I think still display really good level design. Visually I also like PW's lighting and color palette. The only thing PW fucked up in my opinion are its boss battles, which were obviously balanced around co-op.

I don't think I can really offer full opinions on MGS1 and MGS2 because I haven't been analyzing them for 10 or 15 years like everyone else -- I played them for more or less the first time around 2007 or 2008. I personally still don't like how much MGS2 makes you go without the codec. It really shows how old fashioned its reliance on fixed camera angles is. In that way it has the same problem as classic Resident Evil. In MGS1 that style of gameplay works in tandem with the codec because MGS1 is basically a top-down 2D game. I look back on MGS2 as a half-step into 3D for the franchise.

That step wasn't really complete until MGS3 and the third person camera in Subsistence. Taking away the codec but giving you the tools to actually explore your environment brought MGS3 closer to being a traditional 3D stealth game like Splinter Cell or Thief. From there MGS3 amazes and continues to hold up today due to exceptional encounter design giving rise to memorable moments like the battle with The End. It also does a great job of setting up all those encounters in tandem with its themes and the transitions of its plot. This offers a great sense of movement from place to place as if you're on a journey with Snake. My idea Metal Gear game would probably be MGS3 with a more modern control system (like in the 3DS version but with two sticks).

MGS4 I feel actually has really great core gameplay systems, but doesn't give you enough opportunities to actually engage them. After the first two chapters the game flips on its head with a bunch of alternate gameplay segments that just ended up being underdeveloped ideas. You get a nostalgia trip for MGS1 fans, some admittedly great boss battles, a short chance to re-engage with the actual core gameplay systems at the beginning of chapter 5, and then cut scenes that go absolutely insane from there to the ending.

I guess I get it if you're not feeling the base management since that's not what you normally do in a Metal Gear game, but the big change I do like is its emphasis on much more open-ended missions. The kind of mission design you see in Ground Zeroes I feel is when a stealth game is at its best. It reminds me the most of Chaos Theory and Thief. Maybe if they did make a more traditional Metal Gear game that was just a linear chain of Ground Zeroes-like environments it would be the compromise some people want. That would come off as a more advanced version of MGS3 I guess, and I feel like that's basically what Crysis 1 is.

But what we have here is that ideal blown up into an open world that you just infiltrate. I think this is what Kojima imagined when he thought up the idea of sneaking into Outer Heaven way back on the MSX in 1987. He just didn't have the technology to design it into a whole "country" like open world games do now. The end result to me looks like what Far Cry 2 was trying to be, but more developed.

MGS2 probably has the most varied main mission, but I don't see why you couldn't have variations of all of those themes in TPP.
Find this guy using an audio cue, find a way into here, help this person, etc. There could be hidden alternative ways to complete some missions but that's no bad thing.

I guess you can replace number 6 with the crazy sounding prologue mission.

If we're gonna talk about mission variety I have to take this as another opportunity to mention Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. I really do consider it to be one of the better Metal Gear games overall. It's basically MGS1 eight years before MGS1 with slightly more varied gameplay.

Betty

Banned

You can complete a mission in MGSV without interacting with anyone, or be being non lethal, or by going in like Rambo. With all the goodies you get from Motherbase plus your support buddies it adds a tremendous amount of variety.

I'm loving Witcher 3's missions too, but you don't get the same range of options on how to complete a mission as you do in MGSV.

Risev1

I read the previews, the game sounds amazing, I'm super excited to play.
I'm talking about the story particularly - and I've definitely seen the complaint that it doesn't seem to go anywhere and that Big Boss is wooden and lacks personality a reasonable number of times.

I'm a fan of the series, but let's be realistic. Sometimes a fault is a fault. It can't all be waved away as intentional in another ploy of Hideo Kojima's unappreciated genius.
I look forward to playing it for myself and finding out what I think about the story, but until then, I'll trust the opinion of people who have played it.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I have my concerns regarding the story in the game. However, most of the complaints about it was that it was slow to get moving and that there wasn't much in it in perhaps the first third of the game. I just don't see how that equals the story being shit in the first 12 hours, especially when you consider almost all the previews hailed the opening couple of hours in the game as some of the best in the franchise history in term of the story and all that (the hospital section).

SomTervo

Not really. MGS4 had very long cutscenes, but they were incredible to watch.

They were most certainly not. I probably enjoyed 1-2 hours of MGS4's 8+ hours of cutscene.

The gameplay was incredible to play. But it was utterly shunted to one side.

When you replay MGS or MGS3 after MGS4 it's a liberating revelation how long you get to play for and how relatively not-long cutscenes are.

Venom Fox

Banned
Guys, I didn't know you meant the freedom to approach missions.

I feel like a dumbass at this moment in time, anyway, like I was saying, TW3 has set a very high bar in regards to storytelling in side missions.

I hope, MGSV follows this method of story telling because in all honesty, after a while, Peace Walkers side ops felt repetitive.

Rajang

the difference is you can approach the missions in a wide variety of ways, with a wide variety of methods. GTA and witcher are far more limited in that approach. GTA is a really fun open world sandbox, when you're not in missions-mode. but as soon as you start a mission, it's wayyyy more linear than what we've seen in GZ and especially TPP. witcher 3 is even worse. it's closer to early GTA style missions. you're just following directions the entire time. the only impact you have on how to approach a mission is through dialogue options.

Exactly, this is what I've been saying for a while now as well. Shameless quote of my previous post on this subject:

Exactly why I'm so hyped. MGSV has the perfect "open world" approach. The game gives you so many options and you can be so creative in completing your objective. When you look at other open world games, you have one gigantic map where you can get lost in, but when you do the missions they are always very linear and you can only finish the mission in 1 way. MGSV really gives you freedom when it comes to the missions.

This game is going to be incredible.

GZ proved this already as well just like at this video for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDHVwCSMn1A

And that's just one mission with a very simple objective: eliminate two targets. And you see this mission being completed in so many different ways with different tactics. And TPP is going to be 100 times larger and will many different Camp Omega's (but smaller) and a wide variety of different missions and locations.

cackhyena

I feel like a dumbass at this moment in time, anyway, like I was saying, TW3 has set a very high bar in regards to storytelling in side missions.

I hope, MGSV follows this method of story telling because in all honesty, after a while, Peace Walkers side ops felt repetitive.

I doubt you'll be getting anything close to TW3 in that regard. I mean you have regular guards not even speaking. It's all to service the larger story Kojima tells, i think.

CJM0929

Neo Member
This was from Jorge Arellano (played 15 hours) a preview from levelup gaming website (Spanish Language Source)

According to Jorge,

So far, everything is great, however, it is my duty to point out two things that worried me.

- The first point concerns me most:

While you're on a mission, the area in which you can move is limited. In one occasion I was on a mission and I was about to finish it and while escaping from the enemy I accidentally step out from the "allowed zone" and had to restart the mission from the beginning, because the system detected who had abandoned the area. It is not just a moral blow, but also restricts the freedom of the player to solve some missions. What happened to me is a sure sign that limit the player can have negative consequences.

- The second point:

I have discovered options that have not been mentioned in the title. When you expand your base, you usually assign tasks to your team. You can even send groups of soldiers to follow simple quests for money. So far so good.

- But here is when it gets rough

The problem was that once asked for an investigation that would take, say, four hours of real time to complete.

"I noticed an option to finish instantly".

When selected, it appeared an error message on the screen that told me that certain options were not available without access to the PlayStation Network.

Does this mean we need to authorize a payment to complete these tasks on time?
This does not confirm in any way to be micro-transactions. it could be an interaction with Ground Zeroes or application for iOS and Android game. In any case it would be important, before judging, to wait to see how they were implemented.

that i will certainly agree with. witcher 3 nails story and character development

Venom Fox

Banned
that i will certainly agree with. witcher 3 nails story and character development
Really, this is all I ask for in the next GTA and Red Dead.
Storytelling in side missions on par with TW3.
I doubt you'll be getting anything close to TW3 in that regard. I mean you have regular guards not even speaking. It's all to service the larger story Kojima tells, i think.
Yeah, I thought so, I know the side ops are meant to complement the Motherbase stuff, I thought they'd try and tie the side missions into the main story.

It's not too important for me though, the main story will be more than enough and because this is Kojima's last MGS, I'm 100% sure it'll be extra special.

Ryan_MSF

£57.99

That is the price of the standard edition of MGSV on the PlayStation store.

That, ladies and gentlemen is called "taking the piss".

Seriously, how the fuck can they get away with that when it's like £42-£45 at retail?

Playstation store is always stupidly inflated prices regardless but i did think the same seeing it. Bastards.

Top Bottom