• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Indie Direct Tomorrow 1pm EST

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Nice, I'm hoping for more info on Hellpoint, Silksong and Axiom Verge 2. Lots of good games coming to Switch now, can barely keep up.

Shantae

Banned
Look, Indie games are great and all, and I would love to see what indies are coming out...but jesus christ Nintendo, what the hell do you have after Animal Crossing?? I love my Switch, but you are not giving me games to be excited for on it.

cabbage5k2

Hopefully Indivisible finally gets a release date here, been sometime since it released on other platforms, yet I don't recall it having a release date for the Switch yet.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Indie direct?

NfBa33O.gif

Christ waiting on Nintendo to drop bombs is the worst sort of torture...

Sometimes it really seems like Nintendo doesn't know what the fuck they're doing. Really? An indie direct? When people are sitting there waiting for you to make your plans for the year known, you decide to show off some indie games? Go sit in a corner and think about what you've done, Nintendo.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Wake me up when they announce a proper Direct.
Sometimes it really seems like Nintendo doesn't know what the fuck they're doing. Really? An indie direct? When people are sitting there waiting for you to make your plans for the year known, you decide to show off some indie games? Go sit in a corner and think about what you've done, Nintendo.

Lol its coming next week 99% likely. If not you all can be mad at me. This was know for a couple weeks now this would happen this week and the proper direct next week.

Lol its coming next week 99% likely. If not you all can be mad at me. This was know for a couple weeks now this would happen this week and the proper direct next week.
That's cool and all, but those are just rumors. Even if they happen to come true, Nintendo's got to consider what this looks like to their fans. Do a proper Direct first, or at the very least announce one before you start talking about indie games.

Jooxed

Gold Member
That's cool and all, but those are just rumors. Even if they happen to come true, Nintendo's got to consider what this looks like to their fans. Do a proper Direct first, or at the very least announce one before you start talking about indie games.

I am not disagreeing it's long overdue just for some reason the general rumor was is they wanted animal crossing out first to give it room to breathe.

Eevee86

The rumors of the Direct being right AFTER Animal Crossing comes out seems like it's pretty likely at this point, so I'd say they know exactly what they're doing.

Calm down friend. It will be okay, they are going to do a proper Direct in the very near future.

I am not disagreeing it's long overdue just for some reason the general rumor was is they wanted animal crossing out first to give it room to breathe.
I know, but that's a retarded excuse if true. The fuck does AC have to do with the games coming out in 3, 6 or 9 months? Absolutely zilch.

The rumors of the Direct being right AFTER Animal Crossing comes out seems like it's pretty likely at this point, so I'd say they know exactly what they're doing.
That's not saying much. Their planning still sucks ass.

Calm down friend. It will be okay, they are going to do a proper Direct in the very near future.
I'm not even mad about there not being a Direct. I'm still playing my Switch. I'll live. The point I'm making is that the timing for this stream is way off. It's such a tone-deaf announcement to make at this point in time.

I'm not even mad about there not being a Direct. I'm still playing my Switch. I'll live. The point I'm making is that the timing for this stream is way off. It's such a tone-deaf announcement to make at this point in time.

Why? This is an overblown issue considering their (likely) biggest game of the year and the game that will sell the best on a single console overall is just coming out. If we were in May and still had no news then yeah, you'd be right. The fact that they announced this bodes well for a proper Direct the week after.

Why? This is an overblown issue considering their (likely) biggest game of the year and the game that will sell the best on a single console overall is just coming out. If we were in May and still had no news then yeah, you'd be right. The fact that they announced this bodes well for a proper Direct the week after.
Because people want to know what Nintendo has in store for 2020? Animal Crossing doesn't have jack to do with that. It's a great game, it's coming out soon, people are gonna buy it; Great. Has absolutely nothing to do with any games they might announce in a Direct for the other 9 months in the year. None of those games are going to be anything like AC anyway, so it's not like people are gonna wait to spend their money or something. I find the excuse that Nintendo would want to keep some "breathing space" for AC unconvincing.

I think half a year without a proper Direct is quite long, and I don't see how this indie showcase "bodes well" for a Direct. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Because people want to know what Nintendo has in store for 2020? Animal Crossing doesn't have jack to do with that. It's a great game, it's coming out soon, people are gonna buy it; Great. Has absolutely nothing to do with any games they might announce in a Direct for the other 9 months in the year. None of those games are going to be anything like AC anyway, so it's not like people are gonna wait to spend their money or something. I find the excuse that Nintendo would want to keep some "breathing space" for AC unconvincing.

I think half a year without a proper Direct is quite long, and I don't see how this indie showcase "bodes well" for a Direct. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

If you believe the rumors about there being two Directs in March, then you just saw the confirmation of its validity. I know it's frustrating how silent Nintendo has been about 2020, but there's absolutely no way we're not getting more info soon. They don't have anything scheduled for the rest of the year, if they had a couple of games there I'd be more worried.

Top Bottom