• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

Wynnebeck

Banned
They will win this one too though. We should be looking at November.

Depends on how well the Sunset Overdrive bundle does. Customers are showing great interest in it with the CoD Xbone bundle poised to push some units as well. I honestly feel PS4 vs. Xbone will be very close this upcoming holiday season.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I personally witnessed a friend telling me that no less then six people returned their white ps4 destiny bundles and picked up an Xbox when they heard that the Xbox DLNA update was coming in October.

post-9439-Fry-NOT-SURE-gif-meme-Imgur-uanb.gif

I completely believe Pachter and would be shocked if the Xbox One lost a single month the rest of 2014 (in the US - they have no prayer world wide).

There are simply no exclusives, no price difference and no feature advantages until February and that is iffy with The Order.

ib3coPFfxjkv9.gif

If this was Japan, you would maybe have a point.

The same Japan that didn't like Demon's Souls? Please, go on, it is funny to watch.

Krakn3Dfx

I think they've got a pretty good chance October too with the white xbox and SSO, November should be a bloodbath for xbox (hopefully anyways, with the games lineup)

I'm hyped for Sunset, but I don't think you can count on it to be some huge system seller. New franchises that sell massive numbers of game hardware are few and far between.

Steroyd

I'm just not seeing Xbox One have anywhere close to that gap of a lead let alone the unlikely event of leading at all, especially with that White Destiny bundle.

Chris1

I'm hyped for Sunset, but I don't think you can count on it to be some huge system seller. New franchises that sell massive numbers of game hardware are few and far between.
Well the main system seller is the white xbox, both kinda comes hand in hand since it's bundled together. People will be buying the sso bundle for the white xbox in anticipation for things like MCC just to get a white xbox.

MRMagoo

Neo Member

I was interested in it till I saw a gameplay vid today on N4G, the whole thing looks like you are bouncing around of a trampoline or grinding on a wire, even the animations when walking around looks like you are on skates, hype meter died.

garbagejuicer

Neo Member
He was proven wrong gazallion times ! what makes this one any different? the prediction itself is so wrong its not even funny.

I see. I used to think Pachter was a tool, but after watching his GT show my view on him changed. He is just providing his opinion on sales numbers, which is part of his job at Wedbush. He may be wrong or right, but I don't think his intention is to make anyone angry- it's just a side effect.

maltrain

Microsoft winning? Very, very difficult... but well, I can't say impossible.

PS4 selling 250.000 last month? That's ridiculous considering Destiny's bundle, Destiny itself and FIFA. Sony sold more than that in months without big games.

oSoLucky

Well the main system seller is the white xbox, both kinda comes hand in hand since it's bundled together. People will be buying the sso bundle for the white xbox in anticipation for things like MCC just to get a white xbox.

I doubt MCC is going to do numbers anywhere near a mainline Halo. I would be willing to bet Madden/Destiny/FIFA/AC deals sell more consoles each than SO or MCC.

Krakn3Dfx

I don't think colored home consoles spur huge numbers of sales either, that's usually a boon reserved for handheld game systems, and even then still less of a drive in the U.S. than in the East.

But hey, I guess we'll see come November.

The only month that I would put money down on the X1 winning is MCC month, that will be huge, IMO. Anecdotal, but everyone that I know is waiting for that month (to get one).

JJD

Man I hope it's true and the Bone takes the lead in September by a good margin. I've feel like Sony needs a little fire under their asses to start being more proactive again.

Thankfully 2015 seems like a really, really good year. I hope they keep investing in their studios and on indies.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I doubt MCC is going to do numbers anywhere near a mainline Halo. I would be willing to bet Madden/Destiny/FIFA/AC deals sell more consoles each than SO or MCC.

Eh I dunno.

I know Halo MCC will be the first game I buy for my Xbox One since Day One launch.

That said, I also own a PS4, so all my multiplatform games are obviously bought there for the superior versions.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Let's not forget that November has GTA V, and a potential PS4 bundle. Maybe we'll see some competition...

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Stop what?

nonsense comparison.

Since everyone here is talking about Amazon figure. Let me simply put it this way, after E3 2014. Halo MCC was on top 5 selling video game item for at least a week.

Hype is real man, I am telling you. Hype is real.

JPS Kai

Is that Master Chief month? Because I think that's the only conceivable time they'll be able to get a month to themselves. Nothing landslide though, if any.

Also Call of Duty. Because of the exclusive system bundle and First on Xbox DLC, it'll sell gangbusters.

On topic: My store sold out of all of our PS4's and Xbox Ones thanks to Destiny. We had nearly double Xbox Ones in stock but those mostly sold after we ran out of PS4's. The free game promotion didn't have a HUGE impact (but four out of five buyers went with Destiny for their free XB1 game)

People in here may right off LBP3 but it is going to sell many systems over the holiday season. Parents will be looking at that game as a great game for the kids. I know my daughter loved Sackboy in LBP2.

Some may be forgetting that LBP sold 5+ million units WW last gen and LBP2 did around 3.5m units WW. So it is not exactly a little series noone is looking forward to. It was a hot ticket item upon release both times around.

Not saying it will be as big as MCC or anything, but it is a game parents and kids will look forward to and want the system for. We'll see how Sony markets it as it is the main title for the console this Holiday season.

I said back in March though that I would be shocked if the X1 did not outsell the PS4 during the Titanfall month. And again during the price drop month. So I'm done saying that. The PS4 will remain the sales leader until I actually see it change. With all the games coming out this month and next and in November. Don't see anything that will change it. A Halo remake collection? I dunno if that will drive new buyers as much as people think really. We'll see.

oSoLucky

Eh I dunno.

I know Halo MCC will be the first game I buy for my Xbox One since Day One launch.

That said, I also own a PS4, so all my multiplatform games are obviously bought there for the superior versions.

I'm on the same boat(except I got Titanfall). A package of 4 Halos remastered for 1 price us great and I'll have it day 1. I'm looking at attach rates and install base with that. It would have a chance to be very evergreen if Halo 5 wasn't coming out next year, and if it's decent at all, people will move on. I'm not so sure that all the old Halos will move as many consoles as the shiny new one will. These are of course just predictions from my ass.

Chris1

Yeah it's not gonna sell as much as a mainline halo, but i think it's going to sell very very well simply because of how much of a bargain you're getting.

I don't consider myself a huge halo fan, I think the franchise is overrated to hell but even I'm gonna pick it up simply because you're getting a massive bargain and i'll definitely be getting my money worth out of it, even if I only play the campaign (which I think is the best part of halo games)

Then there are those who absolutely love halo and want to play H2 again, i think it's going to sell extremely well because honestly, even if you don't like halo I think you would be pretty silly to not pick this up.

I think this will be interesting to see. It's such an awesome deal, I think it really is a killer app for the Xbone this christmas. On the other hand, remasters don't seem to do numbers anywhere close to the original titles, but this collection is far and away a step beyond any other remaster published (in terms of promised feature set). In the long run, I really could see it selling as much, as any of those other titles.

As for Pachter's prediction, I thought we had already seen data to the contrary? this would be surprising if true. Halo fans are flocking to Destiny no doubt, and Xbone seems like the console of choice due to MCC, but this was so much more heavily advertised for PS4, and the Xbone free game deal seemed a bit too last minute to make much of an impact.

People in here may right off LBP3 but it is going to sell many systems over the holiday season. Parents will be looking at that game as a great game for the kids. I know my daughter loved Sackboy in LBP2.

Some may be forgetting that LBP sold 5+ million units WW last gen and LBP2 did around 3.5m units WW. So it is not exactly a little series noone is looking forward to. It was a hot ticket item upon release both times around.

Not saying it will be as big as MCC or anything, but it is a game parents and kids will look forward to and want the system for. We'll see how Sony markets it as it is the main title for the console this Holiday season.

I said back in March though that I would be shocked if the X1 did not outsell the PS4 during the Titanfall month. And again during the price drop month. So I'm done saying that. The PS4 will remain the sales leader until I actually see it change. With all the games coming out this month and next and in November. Don't see anything that will change it. A Halo remake collection? I dunno if that will drive new buyers as much as people think really. We'll see.

LBP was also bundled to hell and back for free. Also, I'm calling it right now, LBP 3 will get little to no marketing

DrkSage

We were supposed to get back to this one guy once Sony won over 2 years in a row straight of NPD numbers. Well, looks like we're going to have to reset the counter guys. Back to zero.

oSoLucky

Yeah it's not gonna sell as much as a mainline halo, but i think it's going to sell very very well simply because of how much of a bargain you're getting.

I don't consider myself a huge halo fan, I think the franchise is overrated to hell but even I'm gonna pick it up simply because you're getting a massive bargain and i'll definitely be getting my money worth out of it, even if I only play the campaign (which I think is the best part of halo games)

Then there are those who absolutely love halo and want to play H2 again, i think it's going to sell extremely well because honestly, even if you don't like halo I think you would be pretty silly to not pick this up.

I think this will be interesting to see. It's such an awesome deal, I think it really is a killer app for the Xbone this christmas. On the other hand, remasters don't seem to do numbers anywhere close to the original titles, but this collection is far and away a step beyond any other remaster published (in terms of promised feature set). In the long run, I really could see it selling as much, as any of those other titles.

Absolutely, it's the best deal outside of GoW(if that didn't already have 30 ports), and the most high profile. I think it will be interesting to see just how much it sells. There is a psychological factor to getting new games instead of remade old ones, but I honestly don't have a clue, just my best guess. I sure as hell pre-ordered the minute they went live.

MRMagoo

Neo Member
The only month that I would put money down on the X1 winning is MCC month, that will be huge, IMO. Anecdotal, but everyone that I know is waiting for that month (to get one).

everyone you know? ever single person you know is getting an xbox one for halo? what about your nan is she getting one? your local mail man?

Everyone in Australia is getting a PS4 when the order comes out < seems silly right.

Relativ9

So I think we can all agree that Pachter is smoking something fierce on this one. But it got me thinking. If Microsoft is going to win a month this year it's likely going to be November. But if they don't, when is their next real chance?

Sony has the advantage of having two first part exclusives in Q1 2015, but for all appearences Microsoft doesn't look to have anything till at least Q3. We saw the same thing happen this year, they're piling all their releases up in the fall while Sony is spreading them out. So while Microsoft is hoping to have killer months with huge sales, Sony is steadily building up mindshare over the course of the whole year, the next release never to far away.

the things pachter is basing it on for his reasoning is pretty ehhh.. ps4 had like the same things. Madden bundle would have to do it big. I expect it to outsell in november though

everyone you know? ever single person you know is getting an xbox one for halo? what about your nan is she getting one? your local mail man?

Everyone in Australia is getting a PS4 when the order comes out < seems silly right.

Do I need to spell every single word for you to understand? Every single friend that is a gamer, that shouldn't be hard to understand, but maybe I'm wrong.

oSoLucky

LBP was also bundled to hell and back for free. Also, I'm calling it right now, LBP 3 will get little to no marketing

Sucks but I also think so. LBP3 and Driveclub might get a footnote in ads centered on Far Cry and Destiny. It's funny because Drive club was a big part of their launch marketing with the singing commercials.

WinFonda

If you don't like Halo, I think you'd pretty silly to buy a collection with 4 Halo games.

Tegernako

Banned
lol these 3 posts are pure gold

agreed. Sony is not resting on their laurels at all. they could announce a $100 price drop tomorrow and those individuals would still be saying they're not competing

lol

how many times does the age of Sony have to be over lol
Funny, because the Pro PS4 posts are solid gold themselves.

*edit, I'm not saying those people aren't morons. Just that both sides are acting dumb.

Top Bottom