• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papa John's testing $2.99 "Papa Priority" fee to let customers jump to front of line

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://apnews.com/b15860cc4179421d89ca92d6bfa14e79/Papa-John%27s-testing-$2.99-fee-for-%22priority%22-orders

NEW YORK (AP) — Papa John's is taking a page from the airline industry and testing a fee that lets people bump their pizza orders to the front of the line.

The chain says the $2.99 "Papa Priority" fee was recently launched in select locations, and it's looking for ways to expand the test.

It says the fee doesn't guarantee delivery within a set time, but sends an order to the "front of the line so that it is made faster." The option is limited to five orders each night per location.

While customers whose pizzas get bumped back might object, Papa John's says the option has gotten "great customer reception."

Dishwalla

Banned
Papa John's is usually pretty quick anyways so I don't really see the point. Most times when I order from them I get the pizza within 20-25 minutes.

Allforce

Who the fuck is the Papa Johns customer slamming their fist down on the table minutes after ordering screaming, "45 minutes?! I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!"?

I mean at least with the airline thing you get to at least see the pissed off faces of fellow customers as you waltz by them in line. This is just invisible spite you can't even relish in.

Their pan pizzas have amazing crust. Still overpriced for the quality, and my local shop constantly fucks up by taking longer than the estimated time or my favorite, they completely forget to make the fucking pizza.

I ain't paying for this shit when they can't even do anything else right.

slabrock

Banned
So a $2-3 delivery fee and $2.99 for papa priority. That pizza gets pretty pricey; let alone the tip. I'm a lazy man, but I'm not ~$10 extra for a Papa Johns pizza lazy.

Koomaster

I can't imagine needing Papa John's pizza so desperately that I'd pay more to shave off an extra 5-10 minutes.

They should do like a random pizza option, where you pay more and get the next pizza that's coming out of the oven and then that person's pizza has to be remade. Seriously, just pay an extra $5 and they pull the next pizza out and deliver it right to you.

HariKari

They have lines?

Yes, during any dinner rush you'll generally start to get orders queued up. I think this will mess with the cooks and drivers more than anything. What's the point if it's limited to 5 per location? You're going to take this negative PR for $15 extra worth of revenue?

SoulUnison

Banned
"Now you can get your mediocre pizza even faster while ticking off everyone in your immediate vicinity! It's Lose/Lose!"

What happens if everyone uses it?

maxresdefault.jpg

Blueblur1

I worked for the one Miami franchise for 4 years (2 as a manager) and that idea sounds as shitty as my experience working there was.

BigDug13

Is that like the jukebox where you can pay double to make your song next but there's nothing stopping everyone else from also paying double?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom