• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papa John's testing $2.99 "Papa Priority" fee to let customers jump to front of line

Status
Not open for further replies.
This practically has the drivers at my store revolting. The tip's supposed to pay for a good delivery time, so it can feel like corporate's trying to get a cut of that. In the short time it's been out, though, the PP orders have tipped more generously than average, probably because it's indicative of having money to burn.

I wonder where there is a Papa John's busy enough that this would be required.

I only go there when I get some deep discounts via sporting event codes.

The secret of PJ is that it's always deeply discounted. We give 50% off for wins of MLB teams that win 100 games over the course of a season. Pair that with an NHL team and you've got a good chunk of the year has a 50% off option. But just call in and ask for the specials, there's always something pretty deeply discounted. I'd say the average order gets 25% off, maybe more. It's very rare that they pay 100%.

Full price stuff is the premium "I want a pizza exactly my way" price. It's there mostly to price discriminate between more price conscious consumers and those that don't want to bother with asking about specials and probably have a lot of money on their hands.

I don't understand how they can prove this. Are they going to start live streaming their pizza making so customers can watch their pizzas be put first in the queue? How can a customer verify that their pizza was made first? What a scam.

I guess this is just more taking the company's word for it, but the system flags an order as a PP and won't let the drivers check out on anything else until the PP order is taken. I think there's something similar on the makeline but I never work there, so...

Well this has me confused. I thought that fast food places (or restaurants) compete for quick service among other things. Now we need to pay for so called "premium" service at Papa John's? I can see this backfiring, but stranger things have worked before.

KSweeley

Papa John's has lines??? Really??? Long time waiting for deliveries, yes. But lines??? Nope, not my local Papa John's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom