• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papa John's testing $2.99 "Papa Priority" fee to let customers jump to front of line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where there is a Papa John's busy enough that this would be required.

I only go there when I get some deep discounts via sporting event codes.

Kusagari

I don't understand what the hell the point of this is.

I didn't even have to wait more than 30 minutes for Papa John's when it was the Super Bowl.

I don't understand how they can prove this. Are they going to start live streaming their pizza making so customers can watch their pizzas be put first in the queue? How can a customer verify that their pizza was made first? What a scam.

We demand pizza neutrality! No pizza 'fast lanes'!

We must uphold the principle that pizza service providers should enable access to all crusts and toppings regardless of the sauce, and without favoring or blocking particular customers or coupons.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
They need an app with the pizza queue and everyone's name on it, tap to boost your pizza.

Special Battle Mode where you can do it more than once.

Turok_TTZ

Awful pizza joint. And who in their right mind would pay for such a thing?

Maybe they could get away with it if the pizza was any good but it's not. The cheese is bland, the crust is bland, I can think of 5 pizza places/products that are superior to papa johns.

Abysmal, putrid stuff papa johns are. A complete disaster.

But people are free to do as they wish. Though it seems patience is a lost virtue in these dark times. Are consumers so easily parted with their money?

Mrbob

I don't understand what the hell the point of this is.

I didn't even have to wait more than 30 minutes for Papa John's when it was the Super Bowl.
Their stock price is getting hammered due to sales weakness....Trying to come up with ideas to grow year over year revenue.

Remmy2112

The Papa Johns that serves my area has frequently had significant issues with timeliness compared to Dominos and Pizza Hut. I order from Dominos or Pizza Hut and it is almost always ready in 10-15 to pick up. I have ordered from Papa Johns and there have been 20, 30, and even a friggin -60- minute wait. And these are all carryout times, not delivery.

I want five people to order this one after the other in succession, just to have the whole thing fall apart.

And I need someone to make hierarchies for the popular American fast food chains. How does the pizza one look? Domino's > Papa John's > Little Caesars?

There was a thread awhile ago that turned into a chain pizza ranking thread. The general consensus was Dominos > Pizza Hut (Pizza Hut had a bunch of first and last place votes) > Little Caesar's > Papa John's.

The only time someone should even think about paying for this service is on a Friday or Saturday night. I work at PJ's and we routinely have 30-40 orders on the screen for a few hours on those nights.

Zocano

Every day I feel like I live in a bizarro world where papa johns is hands down the best pizza amongst the chains. I sincerely can't see where people see their pizza as vile or shit, especially when I think you can get fairly worse quality at pizza hut or dominos.

Also they've had this in my area for quite some time now, surprised to see it remarked as "new".

Waiting for someone to break this by ordering $150 worth of pizzas and then paying the $3 to move to the front of the line lol.

-MB-

I assume the John's is a reference to having to go to the john fast after eating one of their pizza's because of explosive diahrrea.

Keihart

Papa John's is the best pizza chain in my country, Domino's, Telepizza and PizzaHut are pretty boring when compared.

On topic, at first the idea sounded awful but with the limit of five bumps per night makes a lot more sense. But since there is no way to now how much your order will hasten doing this i don't see much value on it.

I don't understand how they can prove this. Are they going to start live streaming their pizza making so customers can watch their pizzas be put first in the queue? How can a customer verify that their pizza was made first? What a scam.

To be honest, that would be cool. A restaurant that lives streams their kitchen...

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
So if I don't do this my pizza could potentially take 13 years to get to my house?

I tried Papa John's once when I was in America. Without a doubt the most disgusting pizza I've ever tasted it. I've rather a frozen one heated up. It was so greasy and sloppy I threw it out after 2 slices. Who the fuck would want to eat it faster?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Sounds like the airport express security line. Too many will sign up for it and will slow down the line defeating its purpose

Also - dont eat pap johns people.

All these people hating on Papa John... do you not remember the time he kissed Peyton Manning moments after Peyton won the Worldwide Championship of the National Football League?

I remember.

Thanks, Budweiser.

soqquatto

I tried Papa John's once when I was in America. Without a doubt the most disgusting pizza I've ever tasted it. I've rather a frozen one heated up. It was so greasy and sloppy I threw it out after 2 slices. Who the fuck would want to eat it faster?

if you're forced to eat it at gunpoint you'd probably want to get over it as quickly as possible. no other situation comes to mind honestly

Breads

Banned
When did they go to shit? I haven't had them in quite a few years... 9-10 maybe (moved to areas without any of them within delivery distance) but I remember the spinach alfredo with chicken being pretty dope.

_Ryo_

I have a papa johns right down the street, no one is ever there. Whats more amazing is its like almost right beside a college, and with so many students so close I'd think it'd always be busy yet it's not.

UCBooties

Just another reason to be glad that I decided to never give John Schnatter any more of my money several years ago. Fuck that guy and fuck his terrible pizza.

Add delivery fee, the priority fee, and tip together and I will either choose someone else or just go get it. Fuck that. Starting to look like Ticketmaster with fees.

It's like waiting 12 minutes for a pizza is too long, so you pay $3 to save 2 or 3 minutes?

PapaJohn's is also, certainly, the worst national brand pizza. Not only is it shitty, like Dominos, but it's also way more expensive. I remember when Papa Johns finally started opening in New England, I went to try it and was aghast be a $12 or $13 pizza no better than Dominos, which at the time was like $5 for a medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom