• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papa John's testing $2.99 "Papa Priority" fee to let customers jump to front of line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complistic

Is papa johns being bad a gaf thing? Because I mean, I've had their pizza a few times and it's certainly nothing special, but most of you guys are acting like they literally empty their trash onto some crust.

Though It was only at one papa johns, maybe that one just wasn't terrible?

MisterNoisy

Is papa johns being bad a gaf thing? Because I mean, I've had their pizza a few times and it's certainly nothing special, but most of you guys are acting like they literally emptied their trash onto some crust.

It's pretty awful to me, largely because the sauce is basically sweetened ketchup with a little oregano sprinkled in.

Is papa johns being bad a gaf thing? Because I mean, I've had their pizza a few times and it's certainly nothing special, but most of you guys are acting like they literally empty their trash onto some crust.

I don't get it either. It's not good pizza, but it's a step above fuckin Little Caesars for heaven's sake.

Complistic

I don't get it either. It's not good pizza, but it's a step above fuckin Little Caesars for heaven's sake.

True, though the thing about Little Caesars is that it's dirt ass cheap so if you're looking for something like that, it'll get the job done.

Sesha

I want five people to order this one after the other in succession, just to have the whole thing fall apart.

And I need someone to make hierarchies for the popular American fast food chains. How does the pizza one look? Domino's > Papa John's > Little Caesars?

lol what's the point of doing this at a pizza place?

I guess for delivery but every time I've gone for pickup I'm the only one there.

For their current test, there's a daily limit on priority orders per location. It's even bolded in the OP, which is only 4 lines. :p

I saw that. I figured that it was limited in its implementation at the outset just because they are testing it, not because they planned on limiting its use if or when it's actually implemented everywhere. What would be the incentive to implement the policy at each store? An extra $15.00 in revenue a day? Those economics make no sense whatsoever.

Tagyhag

GAF Papa haters are weird, they probably think Dominos is good pizza. :p

This obviously isn't saying much, but from all the huge chains, Papa's has the best pizza, certainly the most fresh, and that garlic sauce is great.

That said, their corporate goons (and Pappy himself) are obviously shit and stuff like this is disgusting. If Pizza Hut had better prices and coupons I would stick with them if I had to get chain pizza.

That's a good point. Where are these Papa Johns with such long lines that need cutting money?

That's what makes the scheme brilliant. People will pay the extra 3 bucks for nothing and always get it relatively quickly because only 20 orders are made at each location daily.

If you want cheap, just get the garlic parmesan breadsticks with pizza dipping sauce. It's a pizza-sized box of seasoned, oily bread with pizza sauce for FOUR DOLLARS ( $ 4 ).

There was a brief period where I was living off of those breadsticks, and I literally gained twenty pounds.

I want five people to order this one after the other in succession, just to have the whole thing fall apart.

And I need someone to make hierarchies for the popular American fast food chains. How does the pizza one look? Domino's > Papa John's > Little Caesars?

Pizza Hut with excessive flavor crust >>> Pizza Hut > Papa John's >>> Domino's

Never had LC but from what I've heard it's the worst of the bunch.

Sounds like you might just be cool with eating trash on a crust. That's okay, you do you.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

Nah, it is known through out the internet(and real life) that Papa John's garbage tier pizza, the lowest of the big 3 chains, and the Arby's of the pizza world.

Ominym

Banned
That's what makes the scheme brilliant. People will pay the extra 3 bucks for nothing and always get it relatively quickly because only 20 orders are made at each location daily.

Bingo. This is equal parts brilliant and nefarious. It's so cheap that most people wont care about the cost, anything slightly faster than 45 min. average wait time will seem "faster" to anyone. And most importantly, if your pizza is slow they can tell you a bunch of people paid for the fast pass before you regardless if that's true or not because only the staff at the Papa John's know the wait queue. And you know Papa John's will likely inflate the expected wait times online and over the phone to drive sales even if there is no like.

What ends up happening is a majority of people fork out an extra $3 for a perceived benefit that likely won't be there on average.

akira28

3 dollars more for me to get my bad pizza before everyone else? I get to step in front of everyone and have them watch me get served first? Well ain't that America?

(2 dollars more and you get a whole extra pizza from somewhere else)

Naw Papa John's is trash.

I'd honestly rather have Little Caesar's, at least that has the excuse of costing $5.

An idea almost as shitty as their pizzas.
One and done. I'd rather pay an annual fee to have Papa John's barred from delivering to any location I'm currently inhabiting. Fuck their pizza, fuck their garlic grease dip, and fuck their figurehead for whining about public health care.

Also fuck Peyton Manning.

akira28

Really curious how pizza places like this get this big when their food is fucking garbage.

bad chain pizza places have pushed many smaller mom and pop pizza places out of business, so places have no other options.

of course they had to start as bare bones shitty empty store front pizza sellers to get there, and most of them never changed, but now they're billion dollar companies.

Falchion

Unless it's Super Bowl night or you have some crazy huge order and need it all there like yesterday, I have no clue why you'd do this.

Alex

I dont mind chain pizza, Im not too hard to please, Pizza Hut and Dominos around here both seem fine in the rare instances we get take out.

Papa Johns however, last time we had one was years ago, it was literally soggy. It was disgusting.

Iztli

This seems like something that they can abuse later down the line by making people wait on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom