• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papa John's testing pan pizza crust option in select Kentucky locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2016/04/papa-johns-testing-new-pan-pizza.html

Papa John's has been spotted testing a new pan pizza crust option at select locations in Kentucky.

The pizza is described by the chain as "pan baked for a thick, crunchy crust." They're offering a large pan pizza with up to 3 toppings for $10.

My source indicates that the crust option should be primed for a national launch by summer of this year.

Papa John's is currently the only one of the Big Four pizza chains (the others being Domino's Pizza Hut, and Little Caesars) to not offer a pan pizza. They did try and offer one, the "Papa's Perfect Pan pizza," back in 2005 but it was eventually discontinued around 2009.

i7qPTJb.jpg

FVEOa1P.jpg

GavinGT

Banned
The question is whether it's pre-made pan crusts or not. The old Papa John's pan pizzas were pre-made, and the quality suffered for it. Domino's pan pizza dough is delivered in dough balls and then shaped into the pan when you order it, which is part of why it's so good.

I'm surprised at the price. Regular three-topping pizzas are more than that.

Can't wait. Domino's pan pizza is one of the best things ever.

HUELEN10

I always assumed that Xia worked in the food ad game, and that's why they always have the scoop the fastest. Not that I am hating XiaNaphryz, I like your threads, but why the fascination with fast food? Merely curious.

And of course I'm not one to judge, I am little miss Cupertino after all, and I have no stake in them.

webkatt

ALL pan pizza is awful.

I always assumed that Xia worked in the food ad game, and that's why they always have the scoop the fastest. Not that I am hating XiaNaphryz, I like your threads, but why the fascination with fast food? Merely curious.

And of course I'm not one to judge, I am little miss Cupertino after all, and I have no stake in them.

I work for Apple and your enthusiasm weirds me out.

I still love you though!

Acinixys

Can America just admit that "pan" and "deep dish" pizza is just focaccia

Come the fuck on now. No one is fooled by your overpriced bread

D-Pad

I actually liked Papa John's Perfect Pan pizza when they were making it some years back. It was different from the other 2 big pizza chains... Like more doughy... And they used a different sauce on it...

This new one looks a bit safe in comparison. A little boring.

GavinGT

Banned
I honestly only like Pan Pizza when it's free. I had probably 3 from Dominoes last year due to their MLB promo thing.

But hey, PAPA'S IN THE HOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHp-ZEst4NE

I honestly only like Pan Pizza when it's free. I had probably 3 from Dominoes last year due to their MLB promo thing.

But hey, PAPA'S IN THE HOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHp-ZEst4NE - Love this video of JonTron of him knowing nothing about Papa John's.

Short-term memory loss?

Pan pizza always makes me think of those personal pan pizzas I got as a kid at Pizza Hut. Maybe that's the reason I have an irrational hatred for them.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I actually liked Papa John's Perfect Pan pizza when they were making it some years back. It was different from the other 2 big pizza chains... Like more doughy... And they used a different sauce on it...

This new one looks a bit safe in comparison. A little boring.

I worked at Papa Johns. The perfect pan pizza was premade crust that came in boxes and was essentially just reheated in the oven after throwing the toppings on.

I always found that gross for some reason.

I just got to try this. It's fucking bad. It's so doughy and heavy, it has the texture of savory pound cake. The new sauce is terrible too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom