• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Joey Ravn

Banned
In case anyone is wondering:

I contacted the Spanish PlayStation support on Twitter. They told me that are having technical problems ATM and that's why they haven't been able to add the PS+ 10% extra discount to the games on this sale. They should be able to solve it during the weekend, they told me.

If you want to get a game from that sale and you have PS+, but it's still not discounted further, wait! It will be discounted even more in the near future (hopefully).

LakeEarth

Doki Doki is awesome. Yeah, it doesn't run amazingly but I'm really enjoying it. Very charming game.

Just bought the $6 quiz pack thing since I wanted to try out the party quiz mode.

Yeah, its a very charming game from what I played of it. I'm not sure if I'll completely go through it all, but I really liked my first hour with the game.

TimeKillr

Does anyone have problems with Strider on PS4 not recognizing that it's bought through PSN?

It's very weird. If I go in the PSN Store, the only option I have on Strider is "Start". When I run the game, it's stuck in the demo mode, and I absolutely cannot run the full game at all.

I tried deleting it, rebooting my PS4, everything. Nothing works at all, even when reinstalling. it's as if it doesn't see I have it "bought" on PSN.

Anybody know how to fix that?

NeoRausch

Does anyone have problems with Strider on PS4 not recognizing that it's bought through PSN?

It's very weird. If I go in the PSN Store, the only option I have on Strider is "Start". When I run the game, it's stuck in the demo mode, and I absolutely cannot run the full game at all.

I tried deleting it, rebooting my PS4, everything. Nothing works at all, even when reinstalling. it's as if it doesn't see I have it "bought" on PSN.

Anybody know how to fix that?
I've unlocked it via the "unlock full version."-button in the main menu of the game.

Have you tried that?

TimeKillr

I've unlocked it via the "unlock full version."-button in the main menu of the game.

Have you tried that?

I have - when I hit it, it brings me to the store, and the only option is "Start" again.

Apparently I can do a Restore Licenses thing somewhere, I'll look that up.

sn00zer

Murasama is so much fun...great boss battle, challenging gameplay....surprisinly weird combat that takes a while to ge used to...quick question...is there any penalty for forging whatever you want whenever? Besides taking up vitality it seemed like I could make whatever i wanted if I had the right swords with no penalties

Murasama is so much fun...great boss battle, challenging gameplay....surprisinly weird combat that takes a while to ge used to...quick question...is there any penalty for forging whatever you want whenever? Besides taking up vitality it seemed like I could make whatever i wanted if I had the right swords with no penalties
Forge away!

Anyone know if there are any deals on PS+ nowadays?

My sub just ran out. Want to make sure before I rebuy.
Groupon had 20% off ($39.99), and then there was a code (I think it was "4July2014") to get another 10% off.

Forging new swords just costs Souls (which you get from defeating enemies and picking up between battles) and Spirit (which you get from eating food). The Strength and Vitality listed with the sword just mean the minimum you need to be able to equip it, which means you may have to level up or equip a Strength/Vitality boosting accessory.

sn00zer

Forging new swords just costs Souls (which you get from defeating enemies and picking up between battles) and Spirit (which you get from eating food). The Strength and Vitality listed with the sword just mean the minimum you need to be able to equip it, which means you may have to level up or equip a Strength/Vitality boosting accessory.

Forge away!

Groupon had 20% off ($39.99), and then there was a code (I think it was "4July2014") to get another 10% off.
An alchemy system with no drawbacks.....my god...ive died and gone to gaming heaven (In othr news I fucking hate alchemy/item creation systems, so fucking annoying looking for items to create another item you may or may not need for the super duper item, but fuck if you really know without looking at a strategy guide)

Sofa King

Quick question. If you have a PS4 with one PS Plus account, can you have multiple PS IDs that have all the same benefits on that console (ie online play, shared DLC, use of PS Plus games)?

Compbros

Quick question. If you have a PS4 with one PS Plus account, can you have multiple PS IDs that have all the same benefits on that console (ie online play, shared DLC, use of PS Plus games)?

That all can use PS Plus games and DLC (not sure about the DLC) but not go online.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Really? I guess they can't just use the same account because I was not able to get online with a different user in PS4 last time I tried.

You must set the PS4 as primary on the Plus account. If you do not, then no benefits to other accounts.

jcm

I guess I must have missed a memo. In the US, are we getting all of our games once a month now? And only a single month's games lineup will be available to "buy" at any given time?

I have a weekly reminder to log into the web store and claim the free game, but it seems like I only need to do it once a month now. Is that right? Thanks, and sorry if this has been talked to death already.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I guess I must have missed a memo. In the US, are we getting all of our games once a month now? And only a single month's games lineup will be available to "buy" at any given time?

I have a weekly reminder to log into the web store and claim the free game, but it seems like I only need to do it once a month now. Is that right? Thanks, and sorry if this has been talked to death already.

Correct. The games will go up on the first Tuesday of the month. No more guessing when or spreading them out.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I kinda dislike it. It gives me less reason to check the blog or store each Tuesday, less excitement.

I am undecided yet. On one hand I did not like that they would make an announcement of a certain game coming, then you had no clue when it would pop up. On the other, like you, I enjoyed checking once a week and knowing there was something that would go in the cart.

NHale

Is my PS3 dying or Vessel's framerate is just a complete trainwreck?

After completing 2 of the 5 "worlds" I have to say Vessel is one of the worst games ever given on PS+ because for a game about timed puzzles the platforming is so inconsistent that in comparison LBP feels like the best thing in the world.

Celegus

Haven't tried it myself, but I think I've heard the framerate is pretty bad for everyone.

Been enjoying Sly Cooper on Vita much more than I thought I would, having never played a game in the series before. A lot of the gameplay is pretty hit or miss but the variety is pretty amazing between all the different characters and minigames. Music is really fun and sets the mood just right.

Haven't tried it myself, but I think I've heard the framerate is pretty bad for everyone.

Been enjoying Sly Cooper on Vita much more than I thought I would, having never played a game in the series before. A lot of the gameplay is pretty hit or miss but the variety is pretty amazing between all the different characters and minigames. Music is really fun and sets the mood just right.
yeah it was fun, platted it on my vita a little while ago!

Duster

I'm actually really enjoying Doki Doki as well (didn't expect to like it) but, boy it sure runs like ass on the vita. The frame rate is not great, loading times seemed kinda long, and I couldn't find a way to disable back touch. Downloaded the PS3 version and it's a much better experience. Kinda bummed out by it since most of the time I prefer playing on handhelds if I have the option.

I had to give up on the Vita version too and sadly it's the type of game I'll only ever play on a handheld so that means giving it up on it completely, shame as it's charm won me over in the short time I spend with it.

ZenaxPure

I had to give up on the Vita version too and sadly it's the type of game I'll only ever play on a handheld so that means giving it up on it completely, shame as it's charm won me over in the short time I spend with it.

Can't really blame you, it's rough. I had to spend a week and few days in the hospital hanging out with my dad so I ended up finishing it (and getting all the trophies) on the vita version, but it was pretty rough. Had a crash probably at least once an hour that usually set me back a bit (since the auto-save in that game seems kinda weird) which was very annoying since the crashes always seemed so random and I could never prepare for them.

Joey Ravn

Banned
The PS+ titles for August are supposed to be announced this week, not next, right? Sorry for the newbie question... I'm still rather new to this stuff :p

So any lineup leaks?

My guess is The Swapper for the PS4 and then some older downloadable game (eg. Super Motherload). Probably we will find out soon enough.

Although, I still haven't played the previous PS+ games:
Stick it to the Man
Towerfall
Doki doki Universe
Outlast

fenners

Last month (the first under the new structure), they announced the July games on the last Wednesday before the first Tuesday update of the new month, June 25th ahead of July 1st.

The first Tuesday in August is the 5th, so surely there's another week to wait for news?

BadWolf

Finished Puppeteer.

What an absolute gem of a game, had a big smile on my face throughout the play through.

The gameplay, visual quality (especially the design), music, story and characters were all just fantastic.

Another one of those games I kind of feel bad for playing through PS+ instead of buying.

My guess is The Swapper for the PS4 and then some older downloadable game (eg. Super Motherload). Probably we will find out soon enough.

Stick it to the Man
Towerfall
Doki doki Universe
Outlast

You should really try finishing Stick it to the Man, it starts out slow but really picks up halfway through the game. If you like adventure games or Psychonauts then you'll love it.

Personally I didn't really dig it at first but ended up loving it by the time I finished it.

Possum

Stick it to the Man
Towerfall
Doki doki Universe
Outlast
That's a good bet. Probably Super Motherload and/or Tiny Brains.

Stick it to the Man
Towerfall
Doki doki Universe
Outlast

I hope not. Besides Strider, Super Motherload is the only other game I have bought digitally. It would suck to be screwed twice in a row, even if I only payed $3.75 for Super Motherload.

Biochet

line up revealed next week

acZ0KBw.png

Joey Ravn

Banned
Fred also confirmed that there will be a Summer Sale starting next week too:

Fred Dutton 21 July, 2014 @ 9:58 am 18.1
There will indeed be a summer sale. It should begin next week, with a series of updates over the next month or so. I haven’t seen a full content list yet, so please don’t ask for any clues! Hopefully there should be something for everyone in there.

Source here.

Top Bottom