• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake releases October 8th 2024! | State of Play

Eh, she looks more attractive to me in a classier way, but that defeats the purpose. She was supposed to have a skank stripper vibe in the original. She literally has the keys to a strip club and lets you in. IMO they should have at least kept the midriff.
I always assumed she was partially based on Alabama from True Romance. It'd be right in line with their other influence in terms of cinema imo:

TrueRomanceAloha-MAIN1.jpg

PS: her character is also a stripper/call girl with a shady side.

Last edited:

RaduN

My God, the VA is atrocious. Completely fucking unsuited for the character(s), especially James. The letter narration and the encounter with Laura VA are absolutely missing the point behind James's character.
These fucking monkeys behind the remake are lacking basic understanding of the original's characterisation.

The cutscene direction is surprisingly crap as well (looking at the 1st encounter and how well shot is in the original, compared to the lackluster framing here).

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
They’re now removing the sexuality from characters who are supposed to be avatars of repressed sexuality. Thats literally Maria’s defining aspect. But we can’t have sexualised women in games, now can we? Even if removing them ruins the entire import of the character.

Fuck my old bones, video gaming is in a pathetic state, creativity wise.
What's amusing to me is that we're even at a point where crop tops and similar attire are in style. I see girls wearing them all the time whenever I run errands. So, to look at it and for whatever reason decide to change her outfit completely so that her midrift isn't showing is pretty funny. It's not inappropriate or dated, so, why change it?

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
What the fuck have they done to Angela !!!!

kPf6eig.jpeg
Idk, but considering Bloober Team hired the firm "Hit Detection" (=~SBI) to do DEI consultancy for this game (that's what the internet is saying anyway) it may not be a surprise per se..

My apologies if this is already mentioned earlier in the thread

Last edited:

GrayChild

Couldn't agree more.

But here's the worst part. Despite all of that, this is a day 1 game for me. Because it's SH2.

Same here. I'll probably even get the Digital Deluxe edition (hell, I'd pay 70 EUR only for the artbook and OST). Then I'll play it once or twice, and just go back to the original for the subsequent playthroughs.

Yeah, I know. I'm weak. But despite the risk of me finding the remake vastly inferior to the original (which most certainly it will be), at least I want to experience it from the front row.

unclbenn

this is the trailer they should have released first. it looks like they really nailed the fog and the atmosphere.

Last edited:

Alebrije

I wanted a better game, but it's Blooper so expectactions has been always low. Konami won't spend money on a better studio anyway.

So after yesterday's show think the remake is average , not great but also not trash. For New comers would be fine but saddly the Game does not reseembles the original one ...something was Lost.

What's amusing to me is that we're even at a point where crop tops and similar attire are in style. I see girls wearing them all the time whenever I run errands. So, to look at it and for whatever reason decide to change her outfit completely so that her midrift isn't showing is pretty funny. It's not inappropriate or dated, so, why change it?
To piss you off and depress you, to cut off all possible avenues of escape. It's part of a full-spectrum cultural demoralization campaign. A demoralized (and feminized) society is weak and unable to resist tyranny. If you understand their end goals and their guiding philosophies, their seemingly nonsensical moves start to make sense.

Last edited:

March Climber

Gold Member
Looks like the target of conversation has been decided, and it's Angela not Maria. I look forward to seeing the youtubers milk this for about a week.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

SaintALia

People focus on the dumbest shit I swear. There are a ton of things you can pick out from the trailer, but people focus in on a character having a chubby face and just go off on it. Altho I suppose it is a bit funny people wanting a prettier/attractive version of the character, given her actual history in the game.

Saying that though, toning down the sexuality on another character was probably a bad call given the importance of that aspect to the narrative.

SaintALia

Duuude.

Are you aware of her backstory before turning her into a Twilight hot girl?
Nah, let 'em go, that's why it's funny. I'm not even sure how many actually care about the game or they just want to be upset about them changing a 'hot chick' because of 'wokeness' or whatever.

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
yet another reason to appreciate the consistent quality of capcom's handling of the resident evil franchise. not necessarily perfect, but true to the source...
Nah. They fucked up character chemistry and supporting cast characterization. They were also overzealous in cutting iconic events and adding invincible nuisances to sequences.

Last edited:

RaduN

yet another reason to appreciate the consistent quality of capcom's handling of the resident evil franchise. not necessarily perfect, but true to the source...
Capcom pissed all over the characters, especially in 4Re. Everything related to the narrative is made by the B-team in that one (2Re is very fine though, so i wonder what the fuck happened).
But other than that, solid efforts.

Flabagast

I thought the RE4 Remake was really unnecessary imho, I did not even finish it (stopped at the castle) whereas I completed all the REs that came out since RE7 (and most of those before of course)

Skifi28

Gold Member
It looked quite decent despite all the doom and gloom, but then again I haven't played the original so maybe my expectations are too low. Still, if there's a decent 60fps mode it seems like a buy from me.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
It looks like shit ... everyone saying this looks remotely good for a 2024 PC/ps5 game should have their eye checked asap or you just dont have any standards whatsoever ... or maybe you only play switch games.

The graphics are not a metric by I'll judge any game ... BUT ... the animations and everything seems truly outdated by 02 gens ... it looks.. like .... shit.

Top Bottom