• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's |Reviews Thread| Nateness Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief51

Banned
As suspected, many outlets saying it's the best in the franchise, but it's still not reaching the critical heights of either Uncharted 2 or Last of Us. I do think reviews are a little more critical these days, and that it's harder to get those sorts of upper echelon scores.

Yeah scores are way down compared to say 4-5 years ago.
Nowadays you have to be a damn near perfect game to just get 90 on Metacritic and to get any higher it must be groundbreaking in some way.

As suspected, many outlets saying it's the best in the franchise, but it's still not reaching the critical heights of either Uncharted 2 or Last of Us. I do think reviews are a little more critical these days, and that it's harder to get those sorts of upper echelon scores.
I think Eurogamer has nailed the part in their review.

ChrLt9jUkAA7la1.jpg

lol what? Why would they not know what they're talking about. Some people just have different opinions. And it's not even like they're bad either. An 8 is a great score.

8 scores will just lower the final score in metacritics so it won't reach a record for the final chapter. This episode should beat the records, but I expected ssuch scores from some sites.

so if a review isn't a 10 the person has no credibility and is trying to send a message?

the fuck

I don't expect perect scores from everyone ofc but anything below 9 is questionable for me. I just want to know what games deserve 9 or 10 for those sites then. Just curious.

These reviews are strong. 93 metacritic is really good. However, probably not good enough to be a sure thing for GOTY. Games like Deus Ex will challenge for the title.

Still really amazing though. It's my most anticipated game of 2016.

As I've maintained, difference standards in the industry now. People are looking for "open-world" multi-faceted titles (evident already in some of the reviews criticizing the linearity) as opposed to games that do one or two things, even if it does it extremely well.

Uncharted 4 never was going to win any awards (save best action game) from the start; even its creators publicly stated that they felt they were at the end of the road with it. But I'm happy that they never phoned it in and still made a great swansong out of it.

Exodust

Banned

Or different reviewers have different opinions and tastes change with time?

FelipeMGM

Im happy with 93 because that was my bet on the 10 Games 10 Metas thread lol. I need a win badly, had too much faith in QB

LuuKyK

Congrats Naughty Dogs on another incredible game succesfully launched! Amazing scores as expected. Cant wait until the 10th! The wait is almost over!

VanWinkle

8 scores will just lower the final score in metacritics so it won't reach a record for the final chapter. This episode should beat the records, but I expected ssuch scores from some sites.

Thee's no conspiracy to lower the scores on MC. And have you PLAYED the game? I sure hope so if you're saying "this episode should beat the records."

Fuck yes. These scores make me so excited that it's going to be hard to sleep. I guess this is an advantage to not having a job right now, I get to play this :).

Alienfan

Ign is full of sh!t how can she give it a 8.8 and call it not final? Just review the damn game when it's done and post the final score their website keeps doing this review in progress to get more clicks bunch of idiots I swear.

I disagree, while attaching a score to the review is a bit silly (but that's the culture we live in) - waiting to see that the multiplayer is working and functioning as promised on day one is something all reviewers should do.

Ellite25

These reviews are strong. 93 metacritic is really good. However, probably not good enough to be a sure thing for GOTY. Games like Deus Ex will challenge for the title.

Still really amazing though. It's my most anticipated game of 2016.
Lol @ thinking Deus Ex will score higher than this.

oti

Banned
OK so now Naughty can go back to the REAL franchise everybody wants.

Jak & Daxter. 1. Not 2 or 3. 1.

xorx

Banned
Some of the highest scoring games of this gen were The Witcher 3 (93), MGSV (93), Bloodborne (92).

So Uncharted 4 is looking good!

Exodust

Banned
You jest but it's worth noting that IGN's reviewer gave ROTTR a 9.3/10 so they are most likely fanboys of the Tomb Raider™ franchise and just wanted to make Uncharted look worse.

I'm just saying.

Just saying.

I give this post a 8.8

AdanVC

Been reading several reviews and wow. Just wow. I want to buy a PS4 now :( Fuck, being poor sucks.

Huge props to Naughty Dog! So far there's has been zero negative reviews

Don't see it in the OP:

Metro Gamecentral - 9/10

In Short: An incredible technical achievement but also one of the most cleverly crafted and most cinematic action games ever made.

Pros: The best graphics ever in a console game. Incredible cinematic presentation and brilliantly orchestrated action sequences. Excellent voice-acting and surprisingly good multiplayer.

Cons: There’s little depth to either the gameplay or the storytelling, even if that doesn’t matter in the context of the overall experience. Some minor pacing issues.

Nick

I see IGN has been reading GAF... they made sure to not give this game a 10 just to spite us.

I-hate-u

Great scores all about. The only game that can surpass this game this year is probably Persona 5.

Get ready for the Persona vs Uncharted GOTY debates.

sjay1994

You jest but it's worth noting that IGN's reviewer gave ROTTR a 9.3/10 so they are most likely fanboys of the Tomb Raider™ franchise and just wanted to make Uncharted look worse.

I'm just saying.

Just saying.

In review threads for highly anticipated games, the line between sarcasm and seriousness is incredibly blurred.

These are all fantastic scores, and in line with what I was expecting. Can't wait for Monday midnight. Easily my most anticipated game this year right alongside Blood & Wine.

Reviewers and publishers wrecked review scales, resulting in anything less than 9 being a failure.

The nice thing is that they're getting it reasonably sensible again.

Which funny since reviews mean less and less now .
Many ways for marketing and getting info on if a game good or not .

Kaversmed

I'm not gonna watch or read any of the reviews. I'm just gonna look at the pretty scores and wait for my game to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom