• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome @Majornelson to NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuglXNI.gif
lmao got a link to the video?

It's difficult for me and others to see the likes of Hyrb be the public faces of Xbox after their performance over the last few month. Since then, I haven't been able to view the Xbox One in a favourable way at all. It's particularly bitter on my part because I was once an avid listener to Hyrb's podcast and hear his enthusiasm for all things gaming, even Sony titles.

He talks about the "scheduled programming" here on the forum. If that means what I think it does, then it's a pity he hasn't yet realised how much of a role he's played in writing these programmes

GavinGT

Banned
So, every new Junior gets his welcome thread now? Were was mine then?

jk, welcome Major Nelson, good to see you aboard!

We were waiting for you to show up and you never did.

He talks about the "scheduled programming" here on the forum. If that means what I think it does, then it's a pity he hasn't yet realised how much of a role he's played in writing these programmes

You're reading a little too deeply into that. It was his way of saying, "Yeah, I'm here. No big deal."

The Flash

Banned
It's difficult for me and others to see the likes of Hyrb be the public faces of Xbox after their performance over the last few month. Since then, I haven't been able to view the Xbox One in a favourable way at all. It's particularly bitter on my part because I was once an avid listener to Hyrb's podcast and hear his enthusiasm for all things gaming, even Sony titles.

I think you're reading too much into it. He has a background in radio so that's his way of popping his head in and saying hey and then popping back out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Good. Now please explain this
v
v
iSLTVABsv32Ij.gif

you know what? Major nelson was a bit arrogant doing that, but he was right - only looking silly in hindsight. It was simplistic for Angry Joe to say you could just 'flip a switch', and it was right for MN to call him out on it.

It was just *really* bad timing, and the 180 almost felt like flipping a switch - but of course they will have had to work on that longer than the announcement.

so it's a cute meme but thats about all

you know what? Major nelson was a bit arrogant doing that, but he was right - only looking silly in hindsight. It was simplistic for Angry Joe to say you could just 'flip a switch', and it was right for MN to call him out on it.

It was just *really* bad timing, and the 180 almost felt like flipping a switch - but of course they will have had to work on that longer than the announcement.

Yep. Terrible timing.

Vibranium

Banned
Welcome Major, it's great to have you here and it's nice that you're going to leave the buzzwords out of here, really appreciate that. Maybe we can even have a laugh together about "Xbox 180 day".

Also, J Allard, you need to come back to Microsoft, I hear Steve Ballmer is retiring soon...

Big-E

Hope he can actually contribute to the community. I like devs like Mario and Frankie who contribute to numerous threads on GAF and don't just post in threads about themselves. If all you ever do is post in Xbox threads then I won't care what you have to say.

Welcome.

Will there be any attempt to address the bad publicity that's happened since the Xbox one's initial announcement? I think gamers would be a lot more understanding of what happened if they were given and idea of what drove some of the policies and ideas that had such a huge backlash.

Yup. They already said this decision cost the team some other features that would have been there at launch

I'm sitting here in my recliner sipping some rum and watching the original evil dead while reading this thread on my surface pro... life is good.

Also, welcome Major! All I can say is good luck and you have my sword!

Welcome to the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom