• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome @Majornelson to NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jac_Solar

Welcome Larry! Great to have you here.

Mmm yes?? There's hundreds of devs on gaf. As long as they don't try to force the product down people's throats and stick to giving great insight and answers, it's all cool.

Sure, sure, but did they register exclusively to promote their products?

I'm not saying this is what happened here.

What? This is nonsense.

Larry Hryb is a person and a gamer...he's allowed to have an account just like everyone else.

Yeah, but I just find it a bit weird that he registered now, when he's probably going to be extremely busy for awhile.

mr_toa

Major's here? Looks like my shift at GAF is over!

shark-attack-o.gif

Double-team it, you know you wanna :)

Sure, sure, but did they register exclusively to promote their products?

I'm not saying this is what happened here.

Honestly, that was exactly what I thought too. This is all part of MS's recent spate of damage control "honest, we love gamers!"

I don't mind this really; I don't especially like or dislike the guy, but I don't think anyone should get special treatment on here. If he proves his worth as a contributer then fine, but I wonder how involved in the community he intends to get, as opposed to just fire-fighting and promoting MS products.

spisho

Neo Member
you know what? Major nelson was a bit arrogant doing that, but he was right - only looking silly in hindsight. It was simplistic for Angry Joe to say you could just 'flip a switch', and it was right for MN to call him out on it.

It was just *really* bad timing, and the 180 almost felt like flipping a switch - but of course they will have had to work on that longer than the announcement.

so it's a cute meme but thats about all
It's also bad PR. Grabbing the mic and indignantly denouncing someone over DRM policies is how not to do it. It's just obnoxious and unnecessary. Hopefully this sinks in for the Xbox division and Mr. Hyrb in particular.

88random

One more thing before I head off for my nightly Xbox One play session: I will respect what NeoGaf is over here and won't roll in spouting empty marketing buzzwords or phrases. I'll try to answer questions as directly as I can with respect to my NDA.
If I can't answer anything, I'll keep my mouth shut. As a gamer and member of the gaming industry, I am really excited for this Holiday and what great gaming it will bring.

It's always good to have people from the industry here. Welcome to GAF, enjoy your stay.

This thread is so confusing. Some dude comes in that every one thinks is Allard, who gets acknowledged by Albert, who then ends up getting banned.

Jac_Solar

Honestly, that was exactly what I thought too. This is all part of MS's recent spate of damage control "honest, we love gamers!"

I don't mind this really; I don't especially like or dislike the guy, but I don't think anyone should get special treatment on here. If he proves his worth as a contributer then fine, but I wonder how involved in the community he intends to get, as opposed to just fire-fighting and promoting MS products.

Yep. I don't have anything against him either, and he's welcome to post here as much as he wants, I just thought the timing was a bit weird. Maybe he applied a long time ago and just got accepted, or something.

Mindwipe

Yep. I don't have anything against him either, and he's welcome to post here as much as he wants, I just thought the timing was a bit weird. Maybe he applied a long time ago and just got accepted, or something.

I got the impression that was the case.

Anyway, welcome Major.

Actually that's exactly what happened. He had registered but his account hadn't been activated for a while. Evilore found out and tweeted him to email his details.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Welcom Major! Now, can I have a new Banjo (platformer, playable always offline)?

Vizzeh

Banned
Welcome MR Nelson.

Look forward to some clarification and interesting feedback from MS, I hope most on GAF hit you with constructive criticism :) and not just insults lol :p

A tip though: PR speak wont go down to well, GAF loves their numbers and facts :D - would make for smooooth sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom