• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is coming to Gamescom 2024, lineup confirmed

fudgybrownie

Neo Member
K-Pop GIF

weird stance to take when Gamescom is open to the public and people get to get hands on with unreleased titles.
Most of those game titles are not unreleased.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Was thinking about going to Gamescom but that lineup is shit. Only interested in a hands on with Avowed.

Plus no Indy, that game is definitely getting delayed into 2025.

How can Indy NOT be there? The game is coming out 3 months after Gamescom right?

Mephisto40

"Xbox Lineup"

Not sure how that is the "xbox lineup" when Diablo Immortal and World of Warcraft aren't even available on xbox

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
well that's a rather shitty lineup. Likely gonna be there in person so I'll let all know how it went

clarky

Gold Member
well that's a rather shitty lineup. Likely gonna be there in person so I'll let all know how it went
Same, have my finger on the buy button for flights to Colgne right now. if the show is shit we'll just use it as an excuse to go in the piss for the weekend. This is one trip the wife doesn't want anything to do with.

Bartski

Gold Member
Same, have my finger on the buy button for flights to Colgne right now. if the show is shit we'll just use it as an excuse to go in the piss for the weekend. This is one trip the wife doesn't want anything to do with.
Cool. The opening night live is press and dev only but I have some connections and I’m working on sneaking in

clarky

Gold Member

Everything they are showing at Gamescom was on the show the other week?

Age of Mythology: Retold, Avowed, Ara: History Untold, Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred, The Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76, Towerborne & World of Warcraft: The War Within

All where on the show i think bar Towerborne so thats a bonus.

Or did you think they would have playable demos for 2025 games?

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Everything they are showing at Gamescom was on the show the other week?

Age of Mythology: Retold, Avowed, Ara: History Untold, Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred, The Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76, Towerborne & World of Warcraft: The War Within

All where on the show i think bar Towerborne so thats a bonus.

Or did you think they would have playable demos for 2025 games?
I think games that have been In dev for 7+ years and still have only shown mostly pre-rendered in engine trailers and no gameplay that are now missing at the following show is not a good sign.

Also a game having a demo or vertical slice at a stage show that may release the following year is pretty common... not the weird gotcha you think it is.

E3 notoriously had games playable or BCD showings of gameplay. Gamescom is no different

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
DUDE, where tf is Sony!?
They just had a show. The reality is they just don't have a lot ready.

Concord is launching in August, and Astrobot in September.

Naughty Dog just announced they're canceling a game 6 months ago; possibly working on TLOU3 and a smaller new IP. Sucker Punch is traditionally a smaller, slower studio, Ghost 2 probably still a year off or more. SSM might be getting ready with that new IP, and Housemarque is pretty fast. Seems like Bluepoint is now on SSM support duty. Bend, no idea. Something with live service elements possibly. Media Molecule, who knows. Haven should be ready to show gameplay of Fairgame$ in 2025. Probably Venom 2025, Wolverine 2026. Guerrilla probably on Horizon 3 for PS6.

It's actually not a super long list of studios. You can kinda map out the next several years. Barlog's new IP is definitely the highlight for me, and I'm sure Ghost 2 will be cool. Any Naughty dog new IP is interesting as well. And Bend could put out something cool as well. It's probably going to be a great last 2 years for the system with 4-6 bigtime games. Housemarque could drop something at any point and it wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I think games that have been In dev for 7+ years and still have only shown mostly pre-rendered in engine trailers and no gameplay that are now missing at the following show is not a good sign.

Also a game having a demo or vertical slice at a stage show that may release the following year is pretty common... not the weird gotcha you think it is.

E3 notoriously had games playable or BCD showings of gameplay. Gamescom is no different
Not sure what you are on about, i quoted your post:

apart from AoM, i think the fact we aren't seeing anything else from their "SGF" showcase tells you those games aren't close
Which is clearly incorrect. Not interested in a "gotcha" just correcting you.

Edit: As i stated above i think the line up is lacking but theres plenty there from the youtube "showcase".

Double Edit: What games have been in development for over 7 years?

Last edited:
I swear this is what happens when Microsoft owns two publishers with twice as many studios compared to sony and Nintendo of course Microsoft would show off. I bet you a bottom dollar sony would of joined gamescon if Sony also brought a publisher to show off

StueyDuck

Not sure what you are on about, i quoted your post:

Which is clearly incorrect. Not interested in a "gotcha" just correcting you.

Edit: As i stated above i think the line up is lacking but theres plenty there from the youtube "showcase".

Double Edit: What games have been in development for over 7 years?
just gonna gloss over the demo comment hey...

face it, you know what games I and everyone means. But hey if you don't wanna see more of the games shown then cool beans, enjoy.

clarky

Gold Member
just gonna gloss over the demo comment hey...

face it, you know what games I and everyone means. But hey if you don't wanna see more of the games shown then cool beans, enjoy.
You want games like GOW and Fable to have payable demos a couple of months after they showed just trailers at their actual event?

Like i clearly just said i was responding to your comment that only AOM will be there from the showcase which for the 3rd time isn't the case, your demo comment came after that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom