• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn wins the case against her ex-boyfriend (who started GamerGate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out about this from /r/GamerGhazi: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi/comments/4k4u78/zoe_quinn_i_won_the_case_against_my_ex/

Note: this is not the criminal case she had against him; that was dropped by her earlier.
This case was him arguing that certain aspects of the restraining order against him violated his First Amendment rights. The case was ruled in favor of Quinn since it seems like the restraining order is no longer in effect, and he was essentially arguing for arguing's sake.

From Twitter:

I won the case against my ex. Blog to come later when I stop crying like a total goober.

tl;dr he tried to bludgeon me with the courts over a moot restraining order to keep controlling and fucking with me. Courts sided with me.

I don't know what him and his fanclub will do to retaliate against me, but I'll never stop standing up for myself & the others they've hurt.

The decision the court issued reaffirms domestic violence victims rights to amend restraining orders that hurt them

Ci2SPaqVAAQHoe1.jpg

Ci2SpDHUgAAj-Bm.jpg

Ci2TOs4UgAQMjSt.jpg

https://twitter.com/UnburntWitch/status/733366085559312384

This is good news.

This is probably the first time in this entire ordeal that there appears to be even a modicum of justice for a GG victim.

Let's hope the scale begins to tip.

I also don't fully understand or know what GamerGate is. Most of what I read about it was disgusting so I stopped, not because I didn't want to be informed but because it was just sad.

Glad she won though. Her ex sounded like a douche.

Gamergate had massive implications outside od gaming. It has been an ongoing news topic -- as in, mainstream news, political news -- for a long time.

Get out of your bubbles.

Most of it involved misogyny and internet culture and the worst of humanity brought about by anonymity.

You can't really blame people for not wanting to know about this shit.

Brave

Banned
You are not the only one, on the same boat. I tried to learn what gg is, but its really confusing.

My understanding: It's about someone who used her influence with multiple men to get positive game reviews, then hid behind feminist flags when people called her on it.

Order

My understanding: It's about someone who used her influence with multiple men to get positive game reviews, then hid behind feminist flags when people called her on it.
Jesus christ we're still on the first page and the bullshit is already starting

I don't necessarily agree, but I would ask - what do you base your understanding around?

You have any sources or specific individuals whose word you take on this matter?

notworksafe

So does this ruling mean anything legally? Like for future cases? I'm a little lost.

edit: nevermind, folks are just gonna quote the same post for a few pages til the whole thread gets locked

Mikeside

Oh grow up, even if that were true, the things that have happened since more than show the true colours of everybody involved

Guess Who

Banned

this is something that provably never happened but gamergate shitlords still claim almost two years later anyway, yes

Pyccko

That was literally disproven on the first day of the whole thing. THE FIRST DAY.

Brave

Banned
Truly, truly amazing.

Jesus christ we're still on the first page and the bullshit is already starting

mods, you know what cooks

Ha ha. Always creeping out of the woodwork.

Are you fucking kidding me?

You know, it really doesn't help me see the errors of my ways when you say things like this instead of explaining your point of view and having a true argument. Also..

Sup junior I look forward to many great years of content from you on Voat.

lol

Eusis

Gamergate had massive implications outside gaming. It has been an ongoing news topic -- as in, mainstream news, political news -- for a long time.

Get out of your bubbles.
I would say GamerGate's more symptomatic of a general movement we've been seeing as of late, but that's partially splitting hairs perhaps. It's definitely alarming though and some flavor of it seems to be going on in every developed country (though I guess Canada had some of that knocked down recently!)

Toxi

Banned
You know why there's so much hostility against GamerGate?

It's because of juniors like this guy who do the "I don't understand what this GamerGate thing is, but <Insert accusation that was disproven in 2014>" schtick.

We lost patience for this bullshit a long time ago.

There was never any substance to the bolded, but the accusations inspired a lot of angry guys to start going after all sorts of women in the industry.

Bsigg12

mXyupD1.gif

(Sorry to continue the derail)

Anyways, this is great news. GG is a giant load of shit.

televator

You are not the only one, on the same boat. I tried to learn what gg is, but its really confusing.

A bunch of whiners, bitching and moaning about how women are trying to take their games away. Their arguments are thinly veiled as "ethics in journalism" or at least they were... Now they are obvious for the loathesome mysoginists they are as they target women with cyber attacks and well organized campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom