• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picks anti-LGBT hate group to run domestic policy transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

Republican president-elect Donald Trump has picked a member of an officially-designated religious right “hate group” to run domestic policy for his presidential transition.

Ken Blackwell, the former secretary of state of Ohio, and current senior fellow at the officially-designated anti-LGBT “hate group” Family Research Council, will be in charge of coming up with Trump’s “First 100 Days” of domestic policy.

More at link, this just vile and disgusting every single way.

http://americablog.com/2016/11/trump-picks-anti-lgbt-hate-group-run-domestic-policy-transition.html

Steel

Banned
Whelp, he's signalling pretty hard with all these hires what he wants his presidency to be like. I hate this planet.

Now watch the dems fumbling the 2020 election letting Drumpf get reelected.

Meanwhile the Mexican peso dropped for the third consecutive day to a historic $21.50 pesos pero dollar.

Fuck Trump.

Sai-kun

Banned
haha unity though, right moderates?

fuck outta here

That's a misleading title, he chose a member of the FRC, not the FRC itself.

it's not misleading like "doctor strange is the best movie of all time" it's misleading like "doctor strange is the best marvel movie of all time"

Phediuk

But guys, we just have to accept that Trump won! Give him a chance, don't get angry just because you disagree with him.

</SARCASM>

joe2187

Banned
Guys, he held a rainbow flag once. He's a champion for the LGBT community.

Obama shoots rainbows from his fingertips

rPjhIdb.jpg

adj_noun

Words cannot express the absolute surprise and shock I am feeling at this unpredictable and entirely unforeseeable turn of events. The Oracle of Delphi herself, breathing in the essence of prophecy as it oozed from cracks in the Earth, could not have seen this coming like a semi truck blaring its horn with its brights on.

WedgeX

Banned
From the Southern Poverty Law Center:

Part of the FRC’s recent strategy is to pound home the false claim that gays and lesbians are more likely to sexually abuse children. This is false. The American Psychological Association, among others, has concluded that “homosexual men are not more likely to sexually abuse children than heterosexual men are.” That doesn’t matter to the FRC, though. Perkins defended the “gay men as pedophiles” claim yet again in a debate on the Nov. 30, 2010, edition of MSNBC’s “Hardball With Chris Matthews” with the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Mark Potok. As the show ended, Perkins stated, “If you look at the American College of Pediatricians, they say the research is overwhelming that homosexuality poses a danger to children. So Mark is wrong. He needs to go back and do his own research.”

In fact, the SPLC did. The college, despite its professional-sounding name, is a tiny, explicitly religious-right breakaway group from the similarly named American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the 60,000-member association of the profession. The American College of Pediatrics (ACP) splintered from the AAP because of the AAP’s support of gay and lesbian parents. Publications of the ACP, which has some 200 members, have been roundly attacked by leading scientific authorities who say they are baseless and who also accuse the college of distorting and misrepresenting their work. (Chris Matthews offered a clarification on a follow-up show to describe what the American College of Pediatricians is and separate it from the AAP.)

Other anti-gay propagandists at the FRC include Peter Sprigg, senior fellow for policy studies, who joined the organization in 2001. Sprigg authored a 2010 brochure touting “The Top Ten Myths about Homosexuality.” In the brochure, Sprigg claimed that ex-gay therapy works, that sexual orientation can change, that gay people are mentally ill simply because homosexuality makes them that way, and that, “Sexual abuse of boys by adult men is many times more common than consensual sex between adult men, and most of those engaging in such molestation identify themselves as homosexual or bisexual.” He also claimed that “homosexuals are less likely to enter into a committed relationship” and “less likely to be sexually faithful to a partner.” Sprigg’s sources are a mixture of junk science issued by groups that support ex-gay therapy and legitimate science quoted out of context or cherry-picked, a tactic long used by anti-gay groups to bolster their claims about gay people. Several legitimate researchers, like NYU’s Judith Stacey (a source Sprigg uses), have issued public statements condemning the practice and requesting that anti-gay groups stop misrepresenting their work.

In 2004, Sprigg and FRC Senior Research Fellow Timothy Dailey co-authored the 2004 book Getting It Straight: What the Research Shows About Homosexuality. In it, they repeat claims that gay men “commit a disproportionate number of child sex abuse cases,” that homosexuals are promiscuous, and that lesbians exhibit “compulsive behavior.” Much of the book’s content can also be found in separate articles put out by the FRC.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well the good news is that Trump is going to burn the republican party to the ground.

I hate to say it but going after something like illegal immigrants will be met with indifference or excitement on the right and that is one thing.

But going after the LGBT community (well okay the LGB part) will not go over well for them since I don't believe that aspect is broadly supported on the right.

UCBooties

So much for the fleeting hope I've seen that he won't give Pence the keys to the kingdom on domestic issues.

This could be the actual worst case scenario. I may need to seriously consider deleting my social media accounts prior to Trump gaining control of the DOJ.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Ken Blackwell, I'd wondered what happened to him. I remember in the Ohio gubernatorial debates he kept trying to push a narritive that Strickland was pro-pedophile. He thought that was his big "gotcha!" issue. Ken got trounced.

He also worked hard to disenfranchise voters in the 2004 elections, even violating federal law to do so. He's an all around terrible human being.

The irony is that DC is one of the gayest cities in America, per numbers of gays living there. In fact, New York Times declared in THE gayest city in America.

daveo42

Banned
70 years of social progress defeated in a matter of days. We are living in an actual nightmare now. Stay safe out there LGBTQ GAF, since Trump seems fine letting hate groups run the country now.

Ploid 3.0

We really need a constantly updated OT of all of this.

There's so much already it's hard to keep straight.

Megathreads are old school and are hard to follow, they were discouraged a while ago. New news new thread is just much better to keep up with, especially when something new and newsworthy happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom