• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picks anti-LGBT hate group to run domestic policy transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
He totally could, because GOP has total, absolute control now.

Maybe he won't electrocute them, of course, but he'll do everything in his power to be a massive nuisance to them, do you think that this is acceptable?

That's not necessarily true. The Republicans would need 60 in the Senate to break filibusters. You can expect many filibusters from Democrats on issues like this.

Jeels

So because a dumbass thinks some stupid shit is okay, hes suddenly going to get a free pass to make it government policy? Like, do you really think hes going to force gay and lesbian people to submit to electric shock therapy? Are you even listening to yourself?

It doesn't matter what he can and can't do, it's the fact that we've normalized that for the highest office of the land.

And for the record, there are some things they will be able to do because they control every branch of government (including state and local).

are we really going to watch LGBT rights take a huge step back?

Pence wants to DELETE the LGBT community. He doesn't believe they are human beings. He thinks they are evildoers trying to undermine Jesus and the Easter Bunny.

Same with the other asshole, Ben Carson - the man who thinks smoking doesn't kill you and that pyramids weren't tombs built by ancient slaves for Pharaohs, but rather built by Joseph to store grain.

Ekai

That's not necessarily true. The Republicans would need 60 in the Senate to break filibusters. You can expect many filibusters from Democrats on issues like this.

The Republicans want to get rid of the filibuster however. After abusing it with Obama for 8 years.

RedHill

Banned
Between this and his gay conversion VP, we're still told we're idiots for being outraged. This is ridiculous. Pence also tried to make it so gay people would be arrested for applying for a marriage license in 2013.

daveo42

Banned
I voted for the econony though. Just saying.

You bought the whole package. You just can't pick and choose the good while ignoring the bad. Besides, Trump actually has a decent chance of bankrupting the country based solely on his business record. There is no 'Go bankrupt and reap the benefits' for Trump to push this time around.

alternade

And shit like this is why I won't even entertain this narrative that we need to listen to and try to understand the concerns of the "disenfranchised white voter". All we want is equality and dignity and they see us as less than deserving.

So because a dumbass thinks some stupid shit is okay, hes suddenly going to get a free pass to make it government policy? Like, do you really think hes going to force gay and lesbian people to submit to electric shock therapy? Are you even listening to yourself?
The world is gonna look really weird when the horror of it all dawns on you. The only things protecting people are incompetence and possible party infighting.

Curufinwe

http://www.crf-usa.org/bill-of-rights-in-action/bria-25-4-mussolini-and-the-rise-of-fascism.html

Fascism, however, differed somewhat from one nation to another. Thus, scholars often disagree on a precise definition of fascism. Even so, they tend to agree on its common characteristics such as:

-Absolute Power of the State: Fascist regimes have a strong centralized state, or national government. The fascist state seeks total control over all major parts of society. Individuals must give up their private needs and rights to serve the needs of the whole society as represented by the state.

- Rule by a Dictator: A single dictator runs the fascist state and makes all the important decisions. This leader often uses charisma, a magnetic personality, to gain the support of the people.

- Corporatism: Fascists believe in taming capitalism by controlling labor and factory owners. Unions, strikes, and other labor actions are illegal. Although private property remains, the state controls the economy.

- Extreme Nationalism: The fascist state uses national glory and the fear of outside threats to build a new society based on the “common will” of the people. Fascists believe in action and looking at national myths for guidance rather than relying on the “barren intellectualism” of science and reason.

- Superiority of the Nation’s People: Fascists hold up the nation’s people as superior to other nationalities. They typically strengthen and unify the dominant group in a nation while stifling dissent and persecuting minority groups.

- Militarism and Imperialism: Fascists believe that great nations show their greatness by conquering and ruling weak nations. Fascists believe the state can survive only if it successfully proves its military superiority in war.

Copper

Good response I found

ba831ba22fa971ffd8ca239bdb7cc8a0.png

It doesn't matter which way you look at it, Trump is bad news for the LGBT

Dot50Cal

Banned
Feel free to clarify for me what you meant to say.

My point was pretty clear in my first statement. There are a lot of hyperbolic posts on here which are just laughable.

The situation is certainly grim, but you are doing noone favors by making these outlandish statements. It makes everyone here look extremely childish and naive to think some of these statements have any basis in reality.

People need to get a grip and stop trying to rip anyone who tells them that into shreds and reveal that they were secret nazi or some stupid shit.

Spoiler:
I didn't vote for Trump! I've been on GAF for 10 years. I'm not your damn "enemy". Fuck.

Ekai

And shit like this is why I won't even entertain this narrative that we need to listen to and try to understand the concerns of the "disenfranchised white voter". All we want is equality and dignity and they see us as less than deserving.

They're fascists. We're a country lead by a minority of fascists. And anyone who voted for them period might as well disappear in my eyes. They want us to die after all. Shitstains of humanity, the lot of them.

This shit is incredibly sad. I grew up pretty religious (catholic) and had no problem throwing gay slurs around when I was younger. Having a few gay friends now I feel so terrible for the shitstorm thats coming their way. I'm going to do my best to volunteer in anyway I can to help the LGBT community going forward. I wish you folks the very best and I'm sorry for what you have to deal with.

Even if he can't do you really want someone who thinks stuff like that is OK holding public office??

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This is just going to keep getting better, isn't it....

Make America Gre...

Fuck it. guntohead.gif

Seik

Banned
I voted for the econony though. Just saying.

No, you voted for people to be kicked out of their homes and deported.

You voted for minorities and gays in the US to live in absolute fear of getting their rights taken from them, which will inevitably happen.

You didn't simply voted for the economy, you were in for the whole package, and you should be fucking ashamed of it.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Not shocked at all. Who ever said they both parties were bad and voted for Trump you guys are dicks.

Love how everyone looks at their policies now after the fact. Now you care about it instead of E-mails and what ever bullshit.

RDreamer

Yup. If the fallout of this election is that we have to listen to more white people problems then I just can't even pretend to like this ignorant ass country anymore. LGBTQ people want basic fucking rights and our fellow black citizens want to not be shot in the streets by the right hand of the goddamned government and yet we should cry about white rural voters.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. This is how the dog pile starts.

The dude actually thinks that is something which should be considered. That in and of itself is cause for alarm, especially when someone like this gets appointed to Domestic Policy.

It doesn't matter what he can and can't do, it's the fact that we've normalized that for the highest office of the land.

And for the record, there are some things they will be able to do because they control every branch of government (including state and local).

This. For christ sake. This whole election just validates people like Pence and all the racists and bigots and homophobes who think people should be sent to conversion camps. Its only causing more of a rift when we slowly moving past all that bullshit.

Those people now feel like they have a voice, when they really dont fucking deserve to say shit.

Ekai

No, you voted for people to be kicked out of their homes and deported.

You voted for minorities and gays in the US to live in absolute fear of getting their rights taken from them, which will inevitably happen.

You didn't simply voted for the economy, you were in for the whole package, and you should be fucking ashamed of it.

If that poster was serious, fuck them even more 10 ways to Hell. Made a post responding earlier myself but Trump doesn't give a fuck why you voted for him. You've fucked over every minority in this country.

MUnited83

For you.
The hyperbole is too much on GAF right now. You sound ridiculous.
I mean, there won't be a literally forcing of gays to go into conversion therapy, but is it really that much of a hyperbole when the shit that is going to happen is going to fuck up civil rights and everyone that isn't a white straight dude for decades? This shit is fucking disastrous. It's the worst fucking think to happen to America in recent times.

CDX

With Gay Conversion Therapy advocate Mike Pence as the VP, I expected something like this.

For marriage, it depends on what happens with SCOTUS over the next four years. Three of the votes for Obergefell are the three oldest jurists on the court, at ages 83, 80, and 78.

I don't like those odds.

For other items (especially the federal government's operation and its requirements for companies who contract with the govt), those can be undone on Day 1.

Literally praying they all live until we can elect a Democratic President, so Gay Marriage doesn't get reversed. I don't like those odds either :(

Derwind

My palm is now firmly glued to my face. How many years back are we going to regress before Trump is satisfied that he'should returned America back to its former glory???

PulseONE

I thought my fellow LGBT friends from America were overreacting when they started getting scared when Trump won, I see now they had good reason to be *sigh*

I've seen "Trump himself isn't actually anti-gay" and well I don't fucking care what his personal opinion is when he surrounds himself with hateful assholes whose singular goal is to hurt gay rights.

It's people literally trying to justify their actions so they can don't have to admit to themselves that they voted in a bigot enabler.

pretty much.

Falsely enforcing christian values that he doesn't actually believe to bring the nation under his permanent control?

Ayy, he's the Antichrist. Who woulda thunk it. Anything in the bible about the Antichrist being orange?

My point was pretty clear in my first statement. There are a lot of hyperbolic posts on here which are just laughable.

The situation is certainly grim, but you are doing noone favors by making these outlandish statements. It makes everyone here look extremely childish and naive to think some of these statements have any basis in reality.

People need to get a grip and stop trying to rip anyone who tells them that into shreds and reveal that they were secret nazi or some stupid shit.

Spoiler:
I didn't vote for Trump! I've been on GAF for 10 years. I'm not your damn "enemy". Fuck.

Spoiler anticlimactic as fuck tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom