• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picks anti-LGBT hate group to run domestic policy transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
70 years of social progress defeated in a matter of days. We are living in an actual nightmare now. Stay safe out there LGBTQ GAF, since Trump seems fine letting hate groups run the country now.

This got me wondering. Is it really impossible for a civil war to break out?

chadskin

but but but

carlo-allegri-donald-trump-lgbt-flag-2016-presidential-election.jpg

Izuna

Banned
I just realised that "Family" is a common denominator for anti-Gay groups.

... Welp, guess that explains why my Mom loves throwing that into her shit too.

Man, I hope the bigger press outlets start getting these stories out there soon instead of this "OMG such a peaceful transition" crap. People need to start asking questions about these appointments today.

daveo42

Banned
You just know that Pence is in charge of picking all these people.

I mean, Trump's own son said the VP would be the one controlling the power while Trump would be in charge of Making America Great Again. None of this is a surprise. Pence going to start opening up Concentration Reformation Camps to help people pray the gay away.

Well the good news is that Trump is going to burn the republican party to the ground.

I hate to say it but going after something like illegal immigrants will be met with indifference or excitement on the right and that is one thing.

But going after the LGBT community (well okay the LGB part) will not go over well for them since I don't believe that aspect is broadly supported on the right.

Forget everything you believe about the right.

I saw a lot of shit flying around immediately post-election about how Trump is actually pro-LGBT, and thus he wouldn't actually go after the gains made for their civil rights.

Where ya'll at now?

RDreamer

The hyperbole is too much on GAF right now. You sound ridiculous.

You know what sounds ridiculous? The guy we just elected and his vice president who believes in conversion therapy. You know what also sounds ridiculous? The guy this thread is about and his beliefs on LGBTQ people. Forgive them/us if they're not a little scared of literal hate groups and white nationalists.

Afrodium

Banned
Well the good news is that Trump is going to burn the republican party to the ground.

STOP

Remember when Trump steamrolled through the primaries and we laughed about how he was ruining the GOP? Remember when he had a scandal every damn day for the past year and we talked about how he made the party toxic? Remember when we giddily watched the makings of a GOP civil war?

The GOP is more powerful now than they've been in close to a century because of Trump. The one thing liberals need to learn from this election is that we don't know shit.

Trump ran for President to dodge his own lawsuits and reduce his own taxes.

He doesn't give a shit about the direction of the country.

All he cares about is his fucking money and his brand and that's all this was ever about.

jett

D-Member
Well I sure hope people going on about how he's pro LGBTQ will shut the fuck up about it now.

Actually, maybe they should show their faces in here and attempt to spin this.

Breads

Banned
What happened to the best people.

What happened to people we've never heard of.

What is going on.

The people have spoken.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Mike Pence believes you can electrocute gay people straight. Where is the hyperbole?

So because a dumbass thinks some stupid shit is okay, hes suddenly going to get a free pass to make it government policy? Like, do you really think hes going to force gay and lesbian people to submit to electric shock therapy? Are you even listening to yourself?

Climate change denier in charge of the EPA, anti-gay hate groups in charge of domestic policy, and Newt Gingrich looking to revive the House Un-American Committee.

I'm sure the pivot is still coming, you guys.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So because a dumbass thinks some stupid shit is okay, hes suddenly going to get a free pass to make it government policy? Like, do you really think hes going to force gay and lesbian people to submit to electric shock therapy? Are you even listening to yourself?
Who would stop him?

daveo42

Banned
This got me wondering. Is it really impossible for a civil war to break out?

It's entirely possible if he pulls back more and more progressive rights. Hillary won the popular vote and instead we get a clown whose only trick is to take your rights away. There are a good deal of people who are right to be disgusted it has gone this way. Sadly, it seems like it would be isolated cities versus rural populations outside of parts of the East and West Coasts.

RDreamer

It's not just one dumbass. The guy this topic is about is part of a group that also believes in gay conversion therapy.

Trump had more accepting views of gay marriage before he ran, and continued that stance through the republican primary. I am extremely confident if someone asked Trump, "hey should gay people be allowed to marry" he would respond "Sure, I dont care. Go for it." NY Times had an article early this year about how it was in complete odds with the rest of the Republican nominees

Pence for sure is the one America has to worry about. We are going to find out who is running the white house real quick.

Ekai

I voted for the econony though. Just saying.

Anyone who genuinely says that is, and there's "people" on this forum who do, was never an ally of the LGBT community. And they have the nerve to say they're the victim when we call them out on this when it's our lives that are ruined. You didn't vote for policy, you shitstains, you voted for bigotry and hate. Trump had no fucking policy. I'm so furious right now. The right-wing is nothing but a bunch of self victimizing harassers who refuse to accept responsibility or others existing. If you voted Trump, for whatever reason, you are an evil and vile inhumane monster. Point fucking blank. I'm not going to sugar coat or coddle you lil' asswipes. You sent us to the slaughter.

Abhor

Oh, so it's all fine as long as he can't easily force that to happen.

Fuck out of here.

HvySky

We have a fascist, white supremacist in the White House and a fully red Congress backing him. It's only been 72 hours and look at all of the shit that has already happened. Why wouldn't this happen too?

Macam

Banned
We really need a constantly updated OT of all of this.

There's so much already it's hard to keep straight.

Not really. Just keep one thing in mind, and it'll all be easy to remember: It's all complete shit and worse than you though possible.

Seik

Banned

He totally could, because GOP has total, absolute control now.

Maybe he won't electrocute them, of course, but he'll do everything in his power to be a massive nuisance to them, do you think that this is acceptable?

I mean, I'm not gay but holy shit, anyone with a minimum of empathy would be outraged. Hell, anyone with a minimum of decency should be outraged.

HylianTom

Banned
are we really going to watch LGBT rights take a huge step back?

For marriage, it depends on what happens with SCOTUS over the next four years. Three of the votes for Obergefell are the three oldest jurists on the court, at ages 83, 80, and 78.

I don't like those odds.

For other items (especially the federal government's operation and its requirements for companies who contract with the govt), those can be undone on Day 1.

DNAbro

I saw a lot of shit flying around immediately post-election about how Trump is actually pro-LGBT, and thus he wouldn't actually go after the gains made for their civil rights.

Where ya'll at now?

I've seen "Trump himself isn't actually anti-gay" and well I don't fucking care what his personal opinion is when he surrounds himself with hateful assholes whose singular goal is to hurt gay rights.

It's people literally trying to justify their actions so they can don't have to admit to themselves that they voted in a bigot enabler.

RedHill

Banned
He. Was. Trying. To. Get. That. Passed. In today's times. Are YOU listening to yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom