• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orsos in Paris: bears caught gnawing DS4 sticks at public show, salmon "furious"

Namomura

Apparently, people have tweeted today that almost all DS4 sticks were damaged on Sony booth at Paris Games Week expo in Paris, just 24h after the opening... Looks like the new sticks are not that good afterall ?

http://www.gamekyo.com/blog_article317215.html#article-blogging-comment-2231241

BX1G6CEIcAEPwzy.jpg

Timan

Developer
Eh, when you have god knows who messing with those controllers, can expect em to look like that. Don't you guys remember playing a demo console in a retail store? Half the time buttons were missing/analog stick had no resistance and just hung there.

Liamario

Banned
Have you seen consoles in any game store and the sticks are destroyed more often than not. These sticks got heavy use and by the looks of that picture, it looks like someone with razor blades for thumbs was using it.

That chunks has definitely been picked off by some arsehole; believe that.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yeah, but how does it compare to other controllers past and present? I'm not saying that I think my sticks will end up like this at my house, but I'm just curious.

It's pretty pointless to discuss. These controllers are getting used and abused in demos or trade shows.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeah, but how does it compare to other controllers past and present? I'm not saying that I think my sticks will end up like this at my house, but I'm just curious.

I worked at a vidya store, our PS3 unit didn't have its original sticks on any of the controllers.

Looks like someone dug their nails in :/

It's a public demo station, unfortunately people are bastards or like to abuse stuff/be rough.

Our iPhones at work weren't in long before there was scratches over the screens. I'm sure we'd have heard lots more from people who've already bought them and had them a few days as well as from many other demo stations about if it wasn't an isolated case.

nikos

The DS4 at the Sony store in NYC was fine, and it's presently the only playable PS4 in the city.

StuBurns

Banned
How does the flesh of a thumb dig into a stick?

Some asshole stabbing the controller with his keys isn't evidence they're fragile.

Guevara

Ugh one of my friends did this to my Xbox 360 controller. Exact same issues.

The problem is her nails are too long.

Deadbeat

Banned
Publicly used controllers are like publicly used stalls. You dont say a toilet brand is poor quality when theres shit all over the toilet seat. Why are we deferring the blame here?

Taker34

Banned
Oh and the controller can be bought now in NA for longer than 24h. Someone should have noticed shitty sticks by now.

Top Bottom