• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orsos in Paris: bears caught gnawing DS4 sticks at public show, salmon "furious"

jaypah

someone quick make a thread about the new problems with the Xbox One..

UnmoOFp.jpg

it was overheating so they had to ventilate it..

Wow, lol. Never saw this.

I am not surprised. There are some of my friends who come over to the crib and put their greasy ass fingers on my controllers.

Now, I don't let anyone touch them unless they wash their hands first.

VanWinkle

Thumbs can't create punctures in the rubber/plastic. Sounds like someone, or some people, who didn't know what they were doing. Like a typical public place. So, no, I'm not too worried about it.

I came in expecting worn sticks, but instead see blatant control abuse looking like someone dig their nail into the rubber as a correlation for being too fragile. Makes sense.

UNCMark

Banned
I'll have to check to see if my nephew is in Paris. When he was younger his parents took away his gaming privileges for a month because he had chewed the tops off the analog sticks on the DS3 while playing. I asked him why and he said he didn't know. No words.

p3tran

Banned
i think its waay more possible that someone chewed on the padding, than that it breaks like this after a day or a week of hard use.

hayguyz

Banned
reminds me of the time someone posted their 360 controller and it looked the same. some people dont use their thumb, but actually their thumbnail on the stick

MDSLKTR

I remember the mcdonalds next to me had gamecube stations, it's as if the kids were chewing off the sticks.

Anton668

lol @ thread title...

was unaware bears were such a problem over there. you guys should do something about that!

Do we even know if those were new controllers? They could have reused the ones from E3/Gamescom/TGS/whatever.

Thread title change is amazing!

Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I thought there was going to be cracked plastic or buttons falling off. A small gouge in the material on the sticks ain't no thang.

I have to say though, that material is still hideous. Reminds me of the dash of a 90's Ford and doesn't match the sleekness of the rest of the controller.

Top Bottom