• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orsos in Paris: bears caught gnawing DS4 sticks at public show, salmon "furious"

people use their keys on demo Nintendo DS units. I wouldnt worry just people being people and destroying [property that isnt theirs.

chur

As others have said, it's a public booth, plus it's a new controller so people will mess around with it more to try and get a feel for it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
That's from idiots who have the habit of digging into the top with their nails. I had a friend who did that and it drove me nuts.

Storm360

Every public controller i've seen has been trashed, I've seen DS3's get destroyed in a year (literally the thumb stick bit/snapped off) , yet my launch Six Axis is fine

Seen playing directly before photo was taken:

johnny-depp-as-edward-scissorhands-1990.jpeg

KORNdoggy

man, this is stupid

when the DS came out there was a demo station in toys R us here in the UK...it had the stylus litterally stabbed into the screen...when i saw it i didn't think to myself "man, this DS is fragile as fuck", no, i thought "what sort of disrespectful arsehole has been playing this thing", but then i consider myself to be quite a logically minded fellow. so, who knows?

orioto

Good Art™
It's pretty clear at that point that french kids are savages! They'll ruin everything on their path till they found a COD game.

Anyway i was there yesterday night, played Resogun with the pad and it felt great!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My R1 button crapped out after playing The Last of Us for 16 hours. It still worked, but didn't spring back consistently when pressed. Sounds like it was a dud, though, cause I haven't seen anyone else report the same problem. I took the controller back and got it replaced, so I'm happy.

bLaiSe

When I lended my 360 controller to a friend I got it back after a week with a hole in the middle of the left stick's rubber. He held the controller weird and used his nail to move the stick. I've used that pad for 1,5 years without any damage done to it. Never lended my controller again...

Be thankful when you get around to a public demo station the controllers for any system fully function at all. I have seen many time where kids don't even hang the controllers back up, instead just let them fall.

Xater

This is going to be a long final 2 weeks. In all seriousness, though, controllers at demo kiosks get maimed.

Not just controllers. Have you looked at DS/3DS screens at demo stations? I think I also saw sticks getting ripped out of the Vita not too long ago.

One of the reasons why I don't try gamepads this way. The amount of nasty sweat and grease that gets passed around is just off the charts disgusting. I don't expect rubber to last long in those conditions.

Duxxy3

My controller has well over 24 hours on it, and it looks nothing like that.

Somebody was digging into that controller with something.

Hanmik

someone quick make a thread about the new problems with the Xbox One..

UnmoOFp.jpg

it was overheating so they had to ventilate it..

Every controller I've ever come across in a public kiosk had something wrong with them. Dirty, damaged, broken, wet, you name it. Seriously OP don't look too much into this

Top Bottom