• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg: Microsoft won't announce any new games at TGAs

Sotha_Sil

They don't need to show new games while they are yet to show us in-game footage of Scalebound, Phantom Dust, and Crackdown.

Studio head that replaced Peter Molyneux has a background in MMOs, and seemingly its what Lionhead wanted to make but to be honest I don't know many people that want that sort of game out of the Fable franchise.

Im hoping their new IP will be a new RPG but I suspect it'll be something that expands on the cloud/multiplayer work they're doing with Fable Legends, unfortunately.

I don't see any way of that game being a financial success and you just know reviews are going to slaughter it for not being RPG (whether thats fair or not...)

Releasing Fable Legends will be like releasing a Kinect game at this point. I just don't think people want it no matter how good it ends up being. Hopefully they already saw this and started working on a proper Fable 4 already. Fable Legends as a multiplayer mode for Fable 4 would have been amazing.

Rymuth

As I said in the E3 thread, they blew their load then to get some momentum going for the platform.
Sony on the other hand have had a good E3, an excellent gamescom and will have the worlds gaming media focused on them for their own event.
You forgot their pre-TGS event.

Bsigg12

I'm guessing we'll get 3-4 new trailers from Halo 5, Quantum Break, Tomb Raider, Crackdown, Scalebound, Phantom Dust or Fable Legends. Or they could be cool and have something for each of those.

What could they possibly announce anyways other then another Gears or Rare game? It's not like they have been a prolific first party developer compared to Sony and Nintendo.

I'm with most the people who don't care about Fable Legends. I also don't want Fable 4. I want lionhead to tackle something new.

hawk2025

I really, really hope that the fact they were showing us three CG-only trailers at E3 doesn't mean that they have shown the majority of their short-to-medium run hand at this point.

Hopefully the Banjo rumors are true and it's far enough in development to make at least 2016.

wapplew

They got November NPD for December, December NPD for January, Possible OS revamp,
Feb to June monthly OS update.
Pretty pack first half.

keit4

Banned
Just give me Scalebound gameplay and i will forgive you.

They got November NPD for December, December NPD for January, Possible OS revamp,
Feb to June monthly OS update.
Pretty pack first half.

Quantum Break is Q2, right? Also, they have a bunch of great looking indies (Below, Ori, Inside).

I mean, is it expected that any first party titles will be announced at TGA? Always seemed more like an event for third parties to announce games more so than first parties, especially this year when you take PSX into account.

vesvci

Banned
MS's 2015 lineup so far, as announced, looks meh.

Maybe they have some surprises, as long as they don't FUBAR Halo 5 like MCC.

Alx

Pity. I didn't expect much, but surprises are always welcome.
I hope they have things to show at CES, even if it is just concepts like Illumiroom.

Why would MS announce anything at the TGAs? It's December... They've announced and marketed everything they need to already to promote the Xbox One this holiday season. The console is clearly doing well, so why jump the gun? They would be smart to save their announcements for E3, Gamescon etc.

But I do love how people think they just have nothing to announce lol

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Why would MS announce anything at the TGAs? It's December... They've announced and marketed everything they need to already to promote the Xbox One this holiday season. The console is clearly doing well, so why jump the gun? They would be smart to save their announcements for E3, Gamescon etc.

But I do love how people think they just have nothing to announce lol

To get people excited for XBO's 2015.

blakep267

I think Fable Legends is going F2P. They haven't said a word about the model they are going for.
Initially I don't think it was but it makes the most sense for it. It's basically evolve but with fable characters. And that type of game needs players. So what better way to ensure players. Have them grind for better weapons and gear etc

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Initially I don't think it was but it makes the most sense for it. It's basically evolve but with fable characters. And that type of game needs players. So what better way to ensure players. Have them grind for better weapons and gear etc

BioWare also basically has three games (two MP modes with free DLC, and one standalone f2p game with a player dungeon master) using an f2p model for this exact sort of game as well, so it's not exactly an unproven model.

Halo 5
Screamride
State of Decay Year 1 Edition
Ori & the Blind Forest
Fable Legends
Cuphead
Quantum Break
Forza 6 (probably)
Below
Rise of Tomb Raider
Inside
Neverwinter Online
Happy Wars
Killer Instinct Season 3
Indies, Indies, Indies

Your concern is noted however

The had better have a good e3.

Or else im not going to be playing much new on my Xbox much next year.
Outside of KI, Cupehead and happy wars, im not interested in most of those games.

Vinc

I'm partial to seeing more of their already announced games though. A release date for QB would be GREAT. Can't wait for that one.

LOL it would help if people were excited for TGAs. Why use a medium most everyone agrees is a dead joke as a launching point for a new game?

I wouldn't be surprised if MS feels this way. Hopefully TGAs are a success this year. I'd like for it to be a good announcement platform in the future.

This is... unsurprising? Were people actually expecting a lot of new game announcements? I honestly hope there's a lot less of that sort of thing, and more focus on the actual game awards. (Yes, I know, that hope is ridiculous.)

Quantum Break is Q2, right? Also, they have a bunch of great looking indies (Below, Ori, Inside).

I'm going to give QB in Q2 a big NOPE. We barely know what that game is yet. I'd be very surprised if it was out by then. Definitely excited about Below though.

Halo 5
Screamride
State of Decay Year 1 Edition
Ori & the Blind Forest
Fable Legends
Cuphead
Quantum Break
Forza 6 (probably)
Below
Rise of Tomb Raider
Inside
Neverwinter Online
Happy Wars
Killer Instinct Season 3
Indies, Indies, Indies

Your concern is noted however
Let's not forget that rumor that one of the games people are thinking is 2016 may be sooner than we think.

I would of been (be it pleasantly) surprised to see any new exclusives announced at the show anyways.

Top Bottom