• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg: Microsoft won't announce any new games at TGAs

mike4001_

Not surprising in fact I think they showed Crackdown and Phantom Dust too early as they seem pretty far off. Is the Platinum Games title even due for 2015?

Don´t say that.

Sunset Overdrive got also only the CG Trailer at E3 2013 and a year later the full game release.

Same could be true for Crackdown and Scalebound

Elandyll

Banned
What does MS has planned for Q1 (or Q2 for that matter)?

All I know is coming for the whole year is Halo 5 (Q4), Ori / Cuphead / Below/ Inside/ Screamride (?), and normally Quantum Break (?, possibly Q2 / Q3)...
Oh and the BS Tomb Raider temp exclu in Q4, of course. Forza 6 is probably a given too (Q4).

Fable Legends ... Maybe? Ouch.

TomShoe

Banned
Halo 5
Screamride (doesn't count)
State of Decay Year 1 Edition (doesn't count)
Ori & the Blind Forest (indie)
Fable Legends (looks bad)
Cuphead (indie)
Quantum Break (timed)
Forza 6 (probably) (probably = doesn't count)
Below (indie)
Rise of Tomb Raider (moneyhat, doesn't count)
Inside (indie)
Neverwinter Online (doesn't count)
Happy Wars (indie)
Killer Instinct Season 3 (meh)
Indies, Indies, Indies (doesn't count)

Your concern is noted however

Absolutely nothing.

just kidding

Euron

As expected. Hell, given Remedy's track record, they'll be lucky if Quantum Break makes 2015. They'll have Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fable Legends, and Forza 6 which will probably be unveiled at E3. They'll probably have a Gears Collection as well.

No way Crackdown or Phantom Dust makes next year. Scalebound is unlikely as well since ntkrnl said 2016 and that was back in January. Best case scenario with Gears 4 is a CGI Teaser at E3 2015 and beta access with the Gears Collection. Part of me isn't even sure if it'll make 2016. MS simply announced their lineup way too early.

Could be a bluff right? I mean there's no reason to announce that they're announcing something.
Nah, if MS had a big announcement they would try to hype it up as much as possible in order to bring attention to it, getting people to want to but it.

I know you're joking but this has been their mindset for the most part and we shouldn't be shocked it hasn't changed. I want another ntkrnl appearance to start off the new year.

I was partly joking, but I agree with you and if Geoff didn't have so much respect, I could imagine them saying that....

They go big at E3 and big in the holidays. They won't have a large presence at TGAs...

Kayant

Don´t say that.

Sunset Overdrive got also only the CG Trailer at E3 2013 and a year later the full game release.

Same could be true for Crackdown and Scalebound

No signs are pointing towards that and they were referred to as "2015 and beyond". ntkrl has been right with game release so far and he pointed towards 2016 for Scalebound and Crackdown also iirc.

so pretty much what everyone expected outside of halo 5 the xbone isn't gonna be a console to own for exclusives. I wish they would get some JRPGs like 360 did but it seems MS banked on the third party strategy only now it's not working for them.

Sydle

I've never watched the video game awards, but it's strange to me to expect new game announcements at an awards show (i.e. it's no the point of the show).

GDC and E3 are better for announcements. MS did a good job of getting a handful of killer games out this holiday. It's crazy to see people expecting more, especially when the competition didn't do any better.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Ugh. Sucks. So I guess this means whatever Rare was working on probably won't see the light of day.
They just started working on a game in April...at the least! Gears would have been more likely, but won't be out till 2016.

Quantum Break and Fable Legends are supposed to be their line up for the first half of the year...however I can see only one of them getting out. They could have two in August and September, probably Fable Legends and Forza 6. With Tomb Raider in October and Halo in November. The fall is when people buy games and game systems the most.

Microsoft has a fine line up of exclusives and I think at this point, we can make an estimated guess that they are not that important anymore. Their 2015 line up is fine, as well their 2016 lineup. Their 2017 exclusive line up is where they are going to have some trouble imo.

Halo 5
Screamride
State of Decay Year 1 Edition
Ori & the Blind Forest
Fable Legends
Cuphead
Quantum Break
Forza 6 (probably)
Below
Rise of Tomb Raider
Inside
Neverwinter Online
Happy Wars
Killer Instinct Season 3
Indies, Indies, Indies

List wars are so hilarious. Yes, screamride is what people are dying to try in 2015.

Quality over quantity bro.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I've never watched the video game awards, but it's strange to me to expect new game announcements at an awards show (i.e. it's no the point of the show).

GDC and E3 are better for announcements. MS did a good job of getting a handful of killer games out this holiday. It's crazy to see people expecting more, especially when the competition didn't do any better.
It's why people watch the shows originally, especially since games like Skyrkm, The Last of Us, and MGS 5 have been revealed there. This year will probably be Fallout 4.

Xbox has no game.

Seriously though, it's a shame, but I hope that we'll at least get a new trailer or two for already announced games and some interesting third party reveals. Next year should be crazy, however. New Rare game, Twisted Pixel's and Press Play's next titles, the likely possibility of Banjo, Gears, Forza 6, Battletoads, and more Killer Instinct, probably Lift London's first game, combined with everything that's been revealed already, and who knows what undisclosed independent developer collaborations.

I just hope that we get some new announcements before E3, and that the European X events make a comeback.

Begaria

What does MS has planned for Q1 (or Q2 for that matter)?

Ori & The Blind Forest + Screamride for Q1/Q2. There are a significant amount of, what appears to be, really good multiplats coming in Q1/Q2, so it's not like Xbox One users aren't going to have games to play.

blakep267

No it can not.

From MS I expect a Halo trailer (campaign tease (a bit longer than what we got b4), new QB trailer and either a TR trailer or a Scalebound trailer).
Ehh, I think a witcher 3 bundle at 350 wins them the month of February ( barring no ps4 price drop)

QB is rumored to be Q3/4 now.

And as stated, Ori and Screamride are the big one fore Q1/2 along with multiplats.

I see them pushing state of decay and smite more than scream ride

Dude was responding to a troll with a list. Happens all the time, especially in a thread where lists make sense.

and I posted about how laughable list wars usually are when they are almost always fluffed with titles almost no one, including the person making the list, actually cares about.

It's not a troll comment to suggest XB1 will have a very low profile first half of 2015.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
and I posted about how laughable list wars usually are when they are almost always fluffed with titles almost no one, including the person making the list, actually cares about.

It's not a troll comment to suggest XB1 will have a very low profile first half of 2015.

Of course it isn't. I feel the first of half of 2015 is weak as well. The list was in response to someone suggesting the entire year was barren.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Halo 5
Screamride
State of Decay Year 1 Edition
Ori & the Blind Forest
Fable Legends
Cuphead
Quantum Break
Forza 6 (probably)
Below
Rise of Tomb Raider
Inside
Neverwinter Online
Happy Wars
Killer Instinct Season 3
Indies, Indies, Indies

Including games that aren't actually announced? Serving 'Secret PS3 game' realness. I admit there's more than I thought, though. Can't wait for Below.

jelly

Hard to complain, Sony went mostly for next year, Microsoft went mostly for this year. You could argue 3rd party would keep people sweet but people will complain either way. Just keep games coming throughout the year, 3rd and 1st Party instead of the fall onslaught. At least next year it's looking pretty sweet for the first half with big 3rd party games and some 1st party.

QB is rumored to be Q3/4 now.

And as stated, Ori and Screamride are the big one fore Q1/2 along with multiplats.

Together with the State of Decay port with new content, and (at least temporarily) console exclusive indies like Below and Inside. Possibly Fable Legends as well, the game is in the beta at the moment, and it doesn't have a confirmed release date.

Of course it isn't. I feel the first of half of 2015 is weak as well. The list was in response to someone suggesting the entire year was barren.

The list could be in response to whatever it wants. It's still pretty hilarious seeing screamride and stuff that's basically just a guess on the part of the person making it.

keit4

Banned
so pretty much what everyone expected outside of halo 5 the xbone isn't gonna be a console to own for exclusives. I wish they would get some JRPGs like 360 did but it seems MS banked on the third party strategy only now it's not working for them.

lol

Including games that aren't actually announced? Serving 'Secret PS3 game' realness. I admit there's more than I thought, though. Can't wait for Below.

Forza Motorsport every 2 years is as guaranteed as COD or Assassins Creed... its not like he's listed some random game from a developer with a poor track record. It doesn't get much more regular than FM

They've already said they have up to S3 planned for KI, and I assume he listed indies as a general one instead of listing each individual game...

GnawtyDog

Banned
Would a GEARS OF WAR HD REMIX: Marcus Phenix Collection count as a new game?

All indications point to a collection remaster (HD whatever you want to call it). Probably stacked for next holiday....announced at E3. It counts to me... then again it gets tricky when list wars happen and suddenly it doesn't count. Depends on time of day more or less.

Killer Instinct Season 3? 'Indies, Indies, Indies'?

Not indies. Anything but indies.

BSR1vBP.gif

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Killer Instinct Season 3? 'Indies, Indies, Indies'?

Well there are many announced Indies not listed. I'll give you KI: Season 3 as Iron Galaxy said in a pre-launch stream that Season 3 is not guaranteed and depends on Season 2 sales.

KI Season 3 has already been psuedo-confirmed by Adam Isgreen. Unless Season 2 has flat out bombed (indications are it hasn't) then season 3 is a given.

I missed this. YAY!!!

Top Bottom