• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Crash was #1 best selling physical game worldwide in June w/ only 2 days

ShdwDrake

Banned
I can't believe it... I just can't ��

The gameplay is so dated

Its still fucking good tho
(I have never owned previously played Crash Bandicoot)
! And people love those infinite runners on cellphones, this is a more complex version of those games.

Sarobi

Banned
Oh god no. How could this happen. How can Crash be anything other than a failure! Damn Activision, Sony, and everything from the 90's to hell!
lol

jaypah

That's awesome news! Can't spin in just yet as we just had a baby and we're trying to keep luxury purchases to a minimum but I think it looks fantastic and can't wait to pick it up. My wife is a HUGE fan of the first 3 games and she's hyped to play through them again all prettied up so I'm sure it'll be our go-to game for a while.

Pizza

Previously I wanted a spyro remake next but like

Crash is so damn good. Gimmie a new CTR and crash 4 before moving on, pleeease

Congrats on the success. I wonder if Acti is kicking themselves for not trying to revive Crash sooner.

They made a ton of crash games in the past tho. It just wasnt working . It seems that they just needed to remake the original trilogy. IMO the smart move would be to remake CTR next

This one quote from the past cracks me up:

A new Crash game would not do well in today's market. This is like asking for a fully new Ratchet and Clank game. It's just not going to happen.

Ratchet_and_Clank_cover.jpg

lol

Remakes are one thing, I'm waiting to see how they are going to deal with a brand new game.

They still have the ace that is CTR which will probably sell a fuckton, but I'm not confident that they can nail a brand new one.

If they can though, I'll be extremely surprised.
CTR is a must. It needs to happen.

ZarKryn7

I can't believe it... I just can't 😔

The gameplay is so dated

It's gameplay sought out the demographic it wanted to attract 20 years ago. Hence why it's popular again. I mean prior to the Trilogy it was selling well on PS1 PSN sales.

Dated my bum.

Man the game is so good. Its honestly timeless, the remaster did it well. Im still working through the first one to clear them all.

Alienfan

It was a great remaster, maybe too faithful as its faults were the exact same faults the original had. But can't wait to see what they do with Crash next, hopefully a new game and not another remaster

kpaadet

Funny how

"No cares about Crash"
"The games were never good"
"A Crash remaster would bomb"

has now turned into

"Well, of course it sold well, it had no competition"
"Everyone just bought it because nostalgia"
"There wouldn't be nearly as much interest if it was a new Crash game"

Anything to avoid admitting there's an entire generation with disposable income now that grew up on Crash & the PS1.
Can only speak for myself but I only bought this collection because they were remaking the actual good Crash games made by Naughy Dog. I would never trust Activision to make a good original Crash game. I mean they haven't been able to since they owned the IP why would they suddenly now?

Gulz1992

Can only speak for myself but I only bought this collection because they were remaking the actual good Crash games made by Naughy Dog. I would never trust Activision to make a good original Crash game. I mean they haven't been able to since they owned the IP why would they suddenly now?

Universal/ Vivendi was responsible for all the previous games. Aside from this and a mobile game, Activision hasn't published any original Crash titles since acquiring the IP.

Top Bottom