• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Crash was #1 best selling physical game worldwide in June w/ only 2 days

Osukaa

You really need to let it go man. I'm sorry The remake kicked your dog by actually performing well and being a good game that's actually being praised. You just need to accept that your dog is forever gonna have that bandicoot's foot firmly imprinted in the dogs ass for life.

LOL Thank you.

Its always a good laugh to read all the salty ass comments some people leave, I may have left some once or twice but damn Crow and Salt tastes awful, I actually think that some members have acquired a taste for that shit!

Erebus

Wow.
So Crash won in a slow month where the only thing it was up against was a new IP on a new system with a small install base compared to the PS4 and a console port of a several years old arcade 1v1 fighting game catering to a niche market?

Yup. This is huge. Huuuuge.
Long live the return of the mascot platfomer guys!

so how many copies did you sell Activision? Be honest...

A+ for the effort.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yup, asking for actual sales figures from Activision is equivalent to showing my ass. Funny... No one mentioned that when we asked Activision for Destiny sales figures...

Continue the pile on about the salt though... Since...there is none.
Where have I ever badmouthed the Bandicoot prior to or even in this thread?
I don't even have animus towards this game. I'll probably buy it when it's on sale in December.

Oh come on. You were downplaying it in your first and second posts before asking for numbers.

Mory Dunz

Tekken has sold more copies than either of those franchises. Tekken 3 is actually the second most selling fighting game behind Smash Brawl.

uh, if we're talking lifetime franchise sales, sure.
Not sure how that's relevant to Tekken 7 sales in June 2017.
edit: welp, crow. Not that I expected to do bad, but did not expect #1

And where are you getting your numbers btw? Cause Smash 4 is above Brawl now.

Prompto

Banned
Imagine getting mad at the thread title

giphy.gif

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Wow.
So Crash won in a slow month where the only thing it was up against was a new IP on a new system with a small install base compared to the PS4 and a console port of a several years old arcade 1v1 fighting game catering to a niche market?

Theres always one

Isn't Tekken the 2nd if not the biggest fighting game franchise in terms of sales?

uhhh

Smash, injustice, SF, MK come to mind without thinking too much. There might be more.

Tekken 3 is the 3rd best selling fighting game of all time ( was recently overtaken by super smash bros for 3ds) but Tekken is the biggest selling franchise of all time.

Wow.

*whistles*.... just here for a salt check.. lemme see.

Slow month, check..
New ip, check..
Small install base, check..
The breakdown of a product to make it seem less than what it really is (see bolded), check..

I'm missing something.. oh, niche market, check..
just messing with ya, but go buy Crash and stop hating🤗

Lifeline

Came back to this thread and so much salt. Why is it so hard to accept Crash sold well.

Sony lamenting not buying the shit out of this IP years ago. Losers.

When has Activision ever sold a IP? When was the last time Sony bought a IP without the studio that made them?

Just not how either of these companies operate.

Nephtes

Oh come on. You were downplaying it in your first and second posts before asking for numbers.

Find a negative quote from me on Crash Bandicoot before this thread. Go on. I'll wait.

Only reason I don't own the Crash collection is because I'm waiting for it to go on sale...(if you don't count owning the original PS1 copies...)

But by all means, keep inventing a narrative that doesn't exist.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Find a negative quote from me on Crash Bandicoot before this thread. Go on. I'll wait.

Only reason I don't own the Crash collection is because I'm waiting for it to go on sale...(if you don't count owning the original PS1 copies...)

The game sold well. I'm not sure what the point of what you're saying is.

Yes, if it came out in September, Destiny 2 would beat it. Clearly. Who cares?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Did I mention anything about your posts outside of this thread? Please keep inventing a narrative that doesn't exist.

Nephtes

The game sold well. I'm not sure what the point of what you're saying is.

Yes, if it came out in September, Destiny 2 would beat it. Clearly. Who cares?

Activision is crowing about it without providing numbers. Just like they did with Destiny.
I have a problem with them boasting about their game without giving me the numbers.
They used to give numbers with Call of Duty....why not any more?

sense

Yup, asking for actual sales figures from Activision is equivalent to showing my ass. Funny... No one mentioned that when we asked Activision for Destiny sales figures...

Continue the pile on about the salt though... Since...there is none.
Where have I ever badmouthed the Bandicoot prior to or even in this thread?
I don't even have animus towards this game. I'll probably buy it when it's on sale in December.
Dude, activision is used to their games selling around 10 million or more. They aren't going to reveal numbers for a small side project which is a remaster of old games that probably did around 1 million. Crash in its prime sold around 3 million so after all these years a platformer(considered dead genre outside Mario) selling around a million or more on one platform and topping the chart is huge and fans are happy about it. There is no need to downplay its sales or be shocked activision isn't revealing numbers. The one million is a guess but I don't think it is crazy to think it has reached those numbers considering it topped the U.K. Charts and some other eu territories.

AtkO

Imagine getting mad at the thread title

Yea, you wake up, see the title, and you're like "NOO!!! LEMME TELL YOU WHY THIS SUCKS§§§§§!!!!"

Anyway, gj Activision and please don't start milking shit by rushing things, take it slow, and money will flow.

freefornow

Seriously, this is great news. Acti (and others) are surely standing up and taking notice now.
If this is released on Xbox and Switch, whooo boy! $$$$$$

But I thought no one likes Crash and that his games always sucked /s

Seriously, though, that's great to hear. Maybe other publishers will see that there's a sizeable market for 3D platformers...please... :(

Yukinari

I mean not that you needed any other proof that Crash was relevant to the gaming industry unless you basically ignored him the entire PS1 era and hate platformers.

TheExodu5

Banned
I hope this sends a message. Put in the proper effort for a remake/remaster and get rewarded. This was done right, and I'm glad the effort is being rewarded.

Dude, activision is used to their games selling around 10 million or more. They aren't going to reveal numbers for a small side project which is a remaster of old games that probably did around 1 million. Crash in its prime sold around 3 million so after all these years a platformer(considered dead genre outside Mario) selling around a million or more on one platform and topping the chart is huge and fans are happy about it. There is no need to downplay its sales or be shocked activision isn't revealing numbers. The one million is a guess but I don't think it is crazy to think it has reached those numbers considering it topped the U.K. Charts and some other eu territories.

Crash on its prime sold 3 million in US alone. For long time Crash 3 was also last game based on western IP that did over 1 million in Japan. Add Europe and I would guess something like 7-8 million globally per title.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Funny how

"No cares about Crash"
"The games were never good"
"A Crash remaster would bomb"

has now turned into

"Well, of course it sold well, it had no competition"
"Everyone just bought it because nostalgia"
"There wouldn't be nearly as much interest if it was a new Crash game"

Anything to avoid admitting there's an entire generation with disposable income now that grew up on Crash & the PS1.

Funny how

"No cares about Crash"
"The games were never good"
"A Crash remaster would bomb"

has now turned into

"Well, of course it sold well, it had no competition"
"Everyone just bought it because nostalgia"
"There wouldn't be nearly as much interest if it was a new Crash game"

Anything to avoid admitting there's an entire generation with disposable income now that grew up on Crash & the PS1.

Someone needs to cook up that wall of shame

HardRojo

Wow.

Crash Salticoot doesn't disappoint lol, why are you so mad Crash is doing well? It's rather cute in a mad Jigglypuff kind of way.

Top Bottom