• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Debut Trailer [Update: Leaked Screenshots In OP]

The Lamp

If you look at the logos below you will see that they listed current and next-gen consoles. Considering that they didn't mention 'PSN' I guess it is safe to assume that "XBOX LIVE" is the name for the new console.

Makes sense?

I think they just mean it'll be digitally available on XBL, no?

Never quite understood trailers with nothing but CG. Unless that is PS4 real time footage, but I seriously doubt that.

Maybe when Ubisoft finally develops their Next gen AC engine. However they have to make the game appeal to the lowest common denominator, the PS360. So it will look like AC3 more or less,

Wow, I don't know what to think after watching this.. Not so hyped, though.
I mean, the series really needs a reboot, I don't expect this "fourth" episode to bring much changes to it.

Linius

I'm guessing I'll be buying two Ubi triple-AAA titles at the end of the year again just like in 2012. Believe the hype.

RevDM

Banned
black_flag_bars.jpg

Dug

Banned
If you look at the logos below you will see that they listed current and next-gen consoles. Considering that they didn't mention 'PSN' I guess it is safe to assume that "XBOX LIVE" is the name for the new console.

Makes sense?

Can't tell if joking or serious...

Makes sense?

No. Every trailer of Xbox Live enabled games has got that logo. It means it's got online multiplayer over XBL.

Elios83

Emmm maybe you haven't noticed that the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live logos are distinct and separated in every game commercials so far. There's nothing new to this.
They haven't spilled the name accidentally :D

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm actually pretty excited? Damnit Ubisoft.

Wasn't feeling the pirates-theme at all, but judging by this trailer the settings already look 100 times more interesting than the bleak and muddy cities in ACIII.

If the game will be as colorful as this trailer I'm back on board.

[..get it? "On board"? Huehue]

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Makes sense?

Maybe it's there as a placeholder to not piss off MS. I can see MS getting ticked off at publishers for having two Sony logos (PS3/PS4) and only one Xbox logo.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't know how anyone could be excited about that when it doesn't have any of the horrible janky gameplay that will be in the final game.

PowderedToast

Why can't this be a character trait? I admire Ubi for giving us a flawed character. People complain he was a mouthpiece yet complain about something like this? He could have been worse, a super Native hell-bent on destroying white people in a super-cliche fashion. get over it, folks. We have a flawed hero with an amazing turn in the Homestead missions. Was great seeing how he reacted to the romance questions.

yep. the collective disapproval of connor proved that people do actually just want protagonists to fulfill their power fantasies. i found his naivety and growth to be hugely refreshing.

The AC series is weird for me. I don't necessarily get hyped for each game, but I've played and completed all of them except for Brotherhood. And once again, I'm sure ill be playing this one.

Midou

Would be cool if he was an Assassin who betrayed the brotherhood and uses his skills for piracy.

Could have like Assassins coming after you and stuff.

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't know how anyone could be excited about that when it doesn't have any of the horrible janky gameplay that will be in the final game.

Because I truly hope that the next generation can finally do this series justice and unlock its full potential.

Getting an Assassin's Creed on the PS4 is a pretty exciting thought.

Vire

Because I truly hope that the next generation can finally do this series justice and unlock its full potential.

It's going to be a shitty port for the PS4 that's slightly upscaled over the current generation versions.

Yay?

Look at those graphix!

Derrick01

Banned

There's nothing stopping the current gen games from being good. It's not like PS3 doesn't have the power to support good side content or good controls or non auto combat.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is the first time I haven't loved the assassin design. It seems like there's so much more that they could do with a pirate style assassin outfit. This just looks like a combination of Altair and Connor.

SJRB

Gold Member
There's nothing stopping the current gen games from being good. It's not like PS3 doesn't have the power to support good side content or good controls or non auto combat.

Very true, but for me most of the frustration of ACIII came from technical issues - graphical glitches, framerate issues, audio stuttering, excessive pop-in, npc AI and overall clunkiness of the game's engine.

Now that technical limitations are gone, I remain hopeful. Not to say that the side content wasn't shit either, but I can deal with that better if the core game actually, you know.. works.

So wish this was just a new IP instead.... I'll probably end up playing. I've been waiting for a pirate game for years so I'll have to play it out of obligation.

dreamfall

Very, very neat. After playing about 30 hours, I've really got to attempt to finish ACIII. I liked Connor, just not the cities- the wilderness felt awesome, but even then I kept sort of daydreaming of revisiting Nuevo Paraíso.

I will finish III before this drops! I'm always excited by different settings in in AC games- the pirate theme looks unforgiving!

Omzz

After playing AC3 I'm just not that into the series as much as I used to be. Need a break to be honest, so I'll check it out once it eventually ends up at $20

I mean, the series really needs a reboot, I don't expect this "fourth" episode to bring much changes to it.

It really doesn't need a reboot, I hate when people say this.
And when people are like "oh, the gameplay needs to be changed" Why does it need to change? People like the current Assassin's Creed gameplay. Sure there are a few things they can improve, but other than that I think the core gameplay is fine.

This franchise might one day become be a WW2 FPS... Now they've added duel wielding pistols, next comes machine guns.

but i think this is cool, because the ship battles from AC3 was the only part I wanted to play from that game anyway.

AC continues to have some of the best trailers. Too bad the games have been so damn bland lately. They really have to shake up the gameplay.

Top Bottom