• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

tbm24

Do my ears deceive me or am I hearing faint undertones of Jesper Kyd's Earth (AC2) in the background of the prison scene?

(omg the frame rate in here... Gasp)

The escape is where I would say the fps takes a nose dive to hilarious. Besides that Paris running pretty good so far.

MC_Hify

Black Flag was a safe bet on PS4 but you should just brute force this on PC. Console is a disaster.

Black Flag was also good on PS4 because I had just bought a new console and wanted something fun to play on it. I've always played the console versions of the AC games because, 1: They were out before the PC versions 2: I heard the PC ports were absolute garbage.

Gaz_RB

I just can't take the fucking FPS anymore. It's so fucking frustrating during combat.

And also I was doing this coop mission where you stop this execution, by until I completed some arbitrary objective, I couldn't interact with the NPCs doing the execution-couldn't shoot or slash or anything. Then they executed him and I had to restart. Wtf... Super disappointed by both this and MCC.

2014 is seriously the year of disappointment.

ZeroX03

Banned
Black Flag was also good on PS4 because I had just bought a new console and wanted something fun to play on it. I've always played the console versions of the AC games because, 1: They were out before the PC versions 2: I heard the PC ports were absolute garbage.

Black Flag performed well on console, especially with the 1080p patch. No complaints at all really, the PC port was still terrible I hear. AC has always felt like a console franchise to me.

But this time PC should give you the best of a bad experience. At least you should be able to stay above 30fps, because console can't even reach it.

tbm24

I may simply be doing this wrong, but I was doing a mission that involved going to three separate locations and killing someone at each spot. I did the first, got sidetracked by a mugger who I decided to take down. After that the markers for the next 2 locations are gone and I can't figure out how to get them to display again.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well was really enjoying this until I get to the first big assassination... and then the framerate shits itself into Blightown.

Disgraceful shit man. Seriously.

Do not buy this game on console.

mid83

Damn I guess I'm screwed. I've been playing games pretty much without issue for almost 3 years on my laptop, but it looks like my GTX 660M isn't going to cut it for this game. First game I've come across that looks like it won't work.

Either I have to stick it out with the awful PS4 version or just skip this game all together. Sucks :(

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Well was really enjoying this until I get to the first big assassination... and then the framerate shits itself into Blightown.

Disgraceful shit man. Seriously.

Do not buy this game on console.

If that's the one in Notre Dame, it was the one mission where framerate was bad since Bastille escape. So far those were the two only cases where I had bad noticeable bad FPS. Guess it's the crowd.

If that's the one in Notre Dame, it was the one mission where framerate was bad since Bastille escape. So far those were the two only cases where I had bad noticeable bad FPS. Guess it's the crowd.
Huge crowds, which is impressive, but not necessary if they can't run the game stable. However I will say that first big assassination felt like Hitman to me a bit. I was really happy with the route I took and imagine there was many other ways I could have done it.

Dahbomb

Played for about 2 hours.

Having to play the companion app to open chests is some next level horse shit. I am now ignoring all chests on the map because of this.

I am not having the blurring problem that people are having. Pop ins and framerate problems are there.

The source of the problem is painfully obvious.... everywhere there are a fuck ton of NPCs. I have rarely been to areas in REAL FUCKING LIFE that have as many NPCs as some of the areas in Unity. They seriously need to cut down the NPC quantity by AT LEAST half to improve performance.

The NPC count is so high that it actually takes you out of the experience sometimes. Most of them don't even have space to even move.

I actually really like the new free platform system. By mapping it to R2 I can move the camera while moving easily. Maybe this is old mechanic for AC players as I haven't played an AC game in a while.

anyone find any of those Microtransaction locked chests yet? Wondering if this game is fucking consumers as bad as people claim

edit: lol wow just read the post above. Yup not touch this with a 10 foot pole now

Dahbomb

anyone find any of those Microtransaction locked chests yet? Wondering if this game is fucking consumers as bad as people claim

edit: lol wow just read the post above. Yup not touch this with a 10 foot pole now
I don't know if its a microtransaction box but when I tried to open it it said that I need to play Nomad missions on the AC companion app to unlock this chest.

This sounds like some Destiny Grimoire bull shit only more annoying as its preventing you from gaining in game content.

Is there no "quit to main menu" option in this game anywhere? Or am I just forced to hold down the PS button and quit manually when the game puts me in a spot I can't move out of? Which has happened twice already.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
No more fighting with the Hidden Blade? Damn, I always loved that.

Yes! That's really dumb, I don't get it. It was there since AC1 and made better in AC2 with the double blades. This is one thing that has really regressed with the combat even compared to AC1 where you could switch from hidden blade to shirt blades to sword, even if it just changed the animations. I really wish the notion of changing weapons on the fly came back, and make it strategic. Hidden blades = short range but very quick and possible to disarm, throwing knives to take out enemies that stand further away, sword to fight with more range, etc.

I'm not talking about buying a spear or some such, but using multiple weapons in a fight itself.

Killzig

FzFdvYt.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rRPU_cvGg

D23

I usually disregard any frame rate issues when it comes to my gaming.. But this game, the frame rate is terrible when theres a lot of npc.

Anyone else lose all their progress on the companion app? I had like 1500 credits, 2 max assassin's and was leveling the assassin I bought with uplay points. As soon as I started playing unity this afternoon and launched the app it all disappeared. It now says I haven't done anything in the app, wants me to start on the first glyph puzzle again and won't let me bring up the assassin screen and says I have 100 credits...

The cover system is so clunky. Ubi loves bringing stuff over from other games, why the hell didn't they do that with the cover system from Splinter Cell or Watchdogs? Arggh. Must have something to do with the collision detection on objects for the free running? I don't know.

It's time to stop annualizing the franchise, Ubisoft. Let your people work on the games more.

Or at the very very least stop releasing two different ACs on the same freaking day!!!

Yes! That's really dumb, I don't get it. It was there since AC1 and made better in AC2 with the double blades. This is one thing that has really regressed with the combat even compared to AC1 where you could switch from hidden blade to shirt blades to sword, even if it just changed the animations. I really wish the notion of changing weapons on the fly came back, and make it strategic. Hidden blades = short range but very quick and possible to disarm, throwing knives to take out enemies that stand further away, sword to fight with more range, etc.

I'm not talking about buying a spear or some such, but using multiple weapons in a fight itself.

This. I want to be able to knock fools out with my fists. :(

Cover is a bit clunky but it's not bad once you understand that the game wants you to be a certain distance to it before you tap the button to enter. Holding the button will take you out of cover.

It sucks you guys are having such technical issues. I think this might be the best AC yet.

Wow so the 2.5/5 score sounded sensationalist but I am massively disappointed. Its just a plain ugly game so far.

Can you ever get inside the stores? It doesnt feel like a real world because there all these stores that not only can you no go inside, you cant even see into - like the buildings are just cutout fronts from a movie set. They have a lot of NPC's but I see all the repeats in clothes etc so they look like copy paste mannequins.

Also, it shocking since playing shadow of modor how incredibly slow the combat is. And the screen just looks like very poor image quality, like worse than Dead Rising 3 (loved the game but it wasnt high res)

I am so disappointed right now. IGN says its a beautiful paris but...I just dont see it.

I can totally get a 5/10 score at this point.

I didn't even remember pre-ordering the CE Guide until I saw it on my bank statement last night. I was thinking about holding onto it until the reviews started popping up and if they were at the very least decent, would have most likely kept the guide.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna get a refund on that....

Anyone here have impressions from the PC version?

I put it at 720p and I get 60fps with a 780. I'm not a huge IQ person so it doesn't really bother me and running around smoothly at 60fps has been an amazing experience. Especially with the awesome giant ass crowds. There will be Framerate drop in odd places like the console version I'm assuming. I seem to notice them really only when I've done main story missions and its weird as when it does drop I'll be in a hallway or some shit. I dunno. Game is amazing. Any word on the servers coming up to play the coop? Gonna take a nap and go back at it.

Anyone else lose all their progress on the companion app? I had like 1500 credits, 2 max assassin's and was leveling the assassin I bought with uplay points. As soon as I started playing unity this afternoon and launched the app it all disappeared. It now says I haven't done anything in the app, wants me to start on the first glyph puzzle again and won't let me bring up the assassin screen and says I have 100 credits...
I have exactly this. Any luck getting it to work again?

Agreed. Disarms and fist beatdowns will surely be missed. Seems like we get one last hurrah with AC Rogue. (waiting for PC or PS4 release)

Same here. Only thing I can think of is that if you link it to the game you acquire assassin's through ingame progression?

I didn't even remember pre-ordering the CE Guide until I saw it on my bank statement last night. I was thinking about holding onto it until the reviews started popping up and if they were at the very least decent, would have most likely kept the guide.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna get a refund on that....

Yeah I am glad I didnt pick up the guide. Game is a huge disappointment at this point.

I cant believe how bad the game looks versus AC4. I'd say that AC4 on old gen consoles looked better and more believable environment wise.

I dont understand how this game took what 4 years to make.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
It's time to stop annualizing the franchise, Ubisoft. Let your people work on the games more.

Or at the very very least stop releasing two different ACs on the same freaking day!!!
I have to agree, so far Arno has clipped through parts of buildings while climbing, the frame rate sucks balls and NPCs keep walking through main characters during cut scenes. XB1 here btw.

MattyG

Banned
I want to play this because I'm a massive AC fan, but I don't really want to because I keep seeing people post shit like "people who buy this are part of the problem". And you know what? They're right. But I still want to play it.

Enosh

I want to play this because I'm a massive AC fan, but I don't really want to because I keep seeing people post shit like "people who buy this are part of the problem". And you know what? They're right. But I still want to play it.
dude, make your own decisions not what other people tell you to think...

Top Bottom