• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I want to play this because I'm a massive AC fan, but I don't really want to because I keep seeing people post shit like "people who buy this are part of the problem". And you know what? They're right. But I still want to play it.

dude, make your own decisions not what other people tell you to think...

Yeah listen to Enosh, man. If I bought all of my games based on what GAF says I'd have Bayonetta 2 and nothing else.

I want to play this because I'm a massive AC fan, but I don't really want to because I keep seeing people post shit like "people who buy this are part of the problem". And you know what? They're right. But I still want to play it.

Watch streams. This is an ugly game with boring slow combat.

AC4 was a good game, this isnt.

theDeeDubs

Just finished my first co-op mission. It's pretty much what I envisioned multiplayer in AC to be. Had a blast.

Few gameplay issues: I miss using human shields. The camera makes it hard to dodge gunfire without it. Stealth is also hit and miss. Guards can still spot you from too far away. I was hoping the RPG element additions would be better and allow for more stealthy options and abilities, but they're kind of disappointing.

KKRT00

Black Flag was also good on PS4 because I had just bought a new console and wanted something fun to play on it. I've always played the console versions of the AC games because, 1: They were out before the PC versions 2: I heard the PC ports were absolute garbage.

PC ports were never garbage. Theirs high end settings were unoptimized and it was hard to reach stable 60fps, but they were never garbage. They always were better than console counterparts.

Welp, game crashed and now whenever I try to load my save up, it crashes again. Fucking hell. I was like 6-7 hours in.

Edit: Sounds like it's sort of widespread. Thread about it at Ubi forums.

I have exactly this. Any luck getting it to work again?

Nothing so far, found this topic on their forums and have submitted a ticket. There are a lot of negative reviews on the app coming in saying they lost everything as well when they connected it to their system. I tried doing the glyph puzzle again just to see what would happen and it unlocked the first mission like usual but it says I have no assassins so I am unable to do the mission.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/947189-Companion-App-resetting-progress-and-becoming-unplayable?p=10324766#post10324766

Kezen

Banned
PC ports were never garbage. Theirs high end settings were unoptimized and it was hard to reach stable 60fps, but they were never garbage. They always were better than console counterparts.

I agree with that, you could say they're not "optimized" for 60fps.

Wow this game is really unattractive. Running with High settings on a GTX 970. Not noticing any sort of framerate problem, but there is a large amount of texture flickering and pop-in, coupled with a low draw distance. Flat textures and lighting round it out.

Still giving the game a shot though... only like 45 minutes in.

I don't have a device that does apps. Does that mean I can never 100% this game? Or can I somehow get those blue chests another way (e.g., normal internet)?

Ushay

Is there a day 1 patch for this game, or should I just wait for the glitches to be fixed? I pre ordered digitally so no going back lol, still I have no regrets I'm sure I will get my fair share of enjoyment out of this.

6-7 hours in a single session? If not it may have uploaded a save to the cloud in between sessions..?

No, total. I found the save folder, there's two files in there. Does it keep multiple saves or something? I thought it worked like Steam and just overwrites after each session.

Nothing so far, found this topic on their forums and have submitted a ticket. There are a lot of negative reviews on the app coming in saying they lost everything as well when they connected it to their system. I tried doing the glyph puzzle again just to see what would happen and it unlocked the first mission like usual but it says I have no assassins so I am unable to do the mission.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/947189-Companion-App-resetting-progress-and-becoming-unplayable?p=10324766#post10324766
thanks for this. I have exactly the same issue. Annoying!

ironcreed

Banned
Well, so far so good on the PS4 version. It looks great, runs fine and the story seems intriguing so far. As long as the heinous microtransactions do not get in my way, I can see myself enjoying this.

So is there a way to replay Sequences? If so, from the MAIN menu, how? I'm reading you can but I see no options indicating that's true. Fucking can't believe this.

thanks for this. I have exactly the same issue. Annoying!

You're welcome! Yea I hope they fix this quickly. I got to play a bit of Unity over lunch and found a chest that said it required the companion app but when I went to it in the app it wouldn't let me do anything with it. Not sure if thats because I am still just in the tutorial on Unity or if its because I have no assassins in the app thanks to this bug (really hoping for the former but no idea)...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

The first Assassin's Creed had issues on PC, but ACII and beyond has been pretty solid. Definitely hard to get a stable 60fps, but calling them garbage ports is completely out of line.

FordGTGuy

Banned

Don't let anyone else make your decisions for you.

Definitely don't let people make you seem like you're part of the problem because you enjoy something.

g23

European pre-madonna
What's with the framerate? I feel like I'd enjoy this game so much more if it were smoother. (I bought it digitally)

FordGTGuy

Banned
Well, so far so good on the PS4 version. It looks great, runs fine and the story seems intriguing so far. As long as the heinous microtransactions do not get in my way, I can see myself enjoying this.

Same with Xbox One version.

Technical issues aside this game is pretty fun so far.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get through the game? I just finished reading Destructoid review but they don't mention that bit.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Watch streams. This is an ugly game with boring slow combat.

AC4 was a good game, this isnt.

It sure as hell isn't ugly on PC. Other than a bit of pop-in, it looks incredible and runs just fine on my system. Obviously this is subjective, but I'm consistently impressed by the visuals.

I'm not far into the game yet, but I already like it's take on combat more than the ACIII series. "Press button to win" slaughter-fests don't appeal to me. Sure, they're flashy and fun to watch, but it's barely any kind of interaction. It's the same reason why Mordor's combat bored the hell out of me.

KAOS

For a next gen game this game is messy. Framerate problems and glitches (X1 version). At times the game looks beautiful. I just wish I had the option to play at 720p if it meant a steady 30fps. It's too bad really because the story and co-op is pretty good.

Messiek

Please, Ubisoft as the dad and Unity as the child. hahahaha
giphy.gif

Gaz_RB

I love absolutely everything about this game except the framerate. I really hope they patch it.

Had an awesome coop game with a random. All stealth, and it was thrilling til it started having low fps.

Ricker

Is there a day 1 patch for this game, or should I just wait for the glitches to be fixed? I pre ordered digitally so no going back lol, still I have no regrets I'm sure I will get my fair share of enjoyment out of this.

900 MB,on the PS4 anyway...

I haven't done that yet, but I logged into Initiates and my account was wiped...

fernoca

Still loving this. Can't shake the feeling of "darn, love to be back at playing something like the Ezio games".

Pop-in is noticeable when I look for it, but not as bad as some videos I've seen or like videos were people actually stop and go back and forth just to see the pop-in.

Granted, AC games are always a "ymmv" kind of thing when it comes to problems. I mean, someone posted a pic of the intro sequence and a character without a face which many quote and laugh at, but that's not the norm. In previous games I remember seeing simar glitches, yet no problems. Even got all feathers and everything on ACII back then. XD

Digital version here and no problems at the moment. Wonder if others with the digital version have similar experiences? Maybe the retail releases are more prompt to slowdowns and bugs because it installs as you play?

Who knows. Maybe mine will crash when I post this. :p

play it! if you're a fan I'm sure you'll find it enjoyable. I'm planning on playing it (going to go through ACIV first and home some patches come to fix some issues) and probably will love it. I've plaid plenty of games gaf says are unplayable to travesties and affronts to gaming.

ACIII was supposed to be unplayable with glitches galore. I never found one and enjoyed my time (well I still think it was a weak game but that was the design choices not performance.)

Yeah. Been playing like this. Just Options, Sound, Language to French, Subtitles in English, then turn subtitles On.

ok good. I really can't stand their stupid accents. I need to get back to learning french so maybe this will spur me!

Leeness

Still loving this. Can't shake the feeling of "darn, love to be back at playing something like the Ezio games".

Pop-in is noticeable when I look for it, but not as bad as some videos I've seen or like videos were people actually stop and go back and forth just to see the pop-in.

Granted, AC games are always a "ymmv" kind of thing when it comes to problems. I mean, someone posted a pic of the intro sequence and a character without a face which many quote and laugh at, but that's not the norm. In previous games I remember seeing simar glitches, yet no problems. Even got all feathers and everything on ACII back then. XD

Digital version here and no problems at the moment. Wonder if others with the digital version have similar experiences? Maybe the retail releases are more prompt to slowdowns and bugs because it installs as you play?

Who knows. Maybe mine will crash when I post this. :p

This is me, basically. Love the game, the issues are noticeable but I don't curr. Lol. However, I can see why some people do. I just watched some NPCs ~rise~ out from the dirt and go about their day haha. It just made me laugh, but I can also see others not getting a kick out of it like I do.

There's a great game here but it has issues which some, like me, don't care about, but others obviously do.

One thing they REALLY needed though, with the crowds, is the Gentle Push button back. It's been gone a while, but man they need it with the crowds.

artsi

I'm not even a fan, but I do like the game. Yes the performance isn't so great, and there are stupid microtransaction chests around, but I'm trying to focus on the core content and it's fine.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I'm playing through the game. And wow, people who're calling this game ugly must find a shitload of games to be ugly. Cause it's gorgeous on my ps4. Screens and even the least compressed youtube videos don't do it justice. Looks beautiful on my ps4. Parkour took a bit to get used too. Feels a lot more realistic and weighty. Way less room for error if you know what you're doing, combat does indeed feel better and harder but I've only just seen the logo of the game so it remains to be seen how it feels throughout the game and with other weapons. Great acting and music btw.

Novoitus

Banned
I'm playing through the game. And wow, people who're calling this game ugly must find a shitload of games to be ugly. Cause it's gorgeous on my ps4. Screens and even the least compressed youtube videos don't do it justice.

This game looks great.

But oh my god the frame rate is SO fucking bad.

You're welcome! Yea I hope they fix this quickly. I got to play a bit of Unity over lunch and found a chest that said it required the companion app but when I went to it in the app it wouldn't let me do anything with it. Not sure if thats because I am still just in the tutorial on Unity or if its because I have no assassins in the app thanks to this bug (really hoping for the former but no idea)...
It's the latter unfortunately. My points returned once I got further into the game and out of the tutorial. Still no assassins in the app apparently and so no progress can be made

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Okay framerate aside... this is a pretty awesome game.

The one major complaint as far as gameplay is a delay getting out of cover. It's honestly quite annoying. The cover system is bare-bones, but I appreciate finally having some sneaking there at all. And really it'd work well enough if they could just make getting out of cover a bit snappier.

I love the addition of controlled decent. I wish it would give you more control over the camera, and not always flip it around, but it's so refreshing to freerun holding O and know your assassin isn't going to sprint up some fucking wall at any possible moment.

Too bad about this framerate though.

Top Bottom