• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

So, so good!

Also, I've had Bayonetta sitting around for a while, so I decided to give it a go just now. What the hell is going on. Nothing makes sense, and it's all so sassy. Combat is fun, though!

Bayonetta, one of the few games I've completed on every difficulty mode and then continued to replay just for fun

Normally I learn those worlds in a few hours. I'll bet I could still drive anywhere in liberty city and I haven't played GTAIV for years.

I never managed to memorise the way Liberty City was laid out either in 3 or in IV (hell, not even in Chinatown Wars). And San Andreas was just too damn big. Non-city open world games are more or less impossible for me, too.

I think I get by on landmarks. I had the world from Saints Row 3 down too.
Sleeping Dogs was all too samey.

That was probably my biggest complaint really. That just shat me for the whole game

Post of the day.
You're welcome.

Moderators can change their own tag, but only administrators can edit other user's tags.
That's what that hate-filled, puppy-kickin', orphan-punchin, harp seal drownin', joyless sack of shit EatChildren tried to get us to believe. We weren't buyin' that bullpoopy then, ain't gonna now.

It's okay if you save tagging the communities members that you actually care about. Don't worry about us, we can only assume we'll be fine without them. Probably.

*sniff*

Deeku

There was some serious asian cursing in Sleepy Dogs, which really put me off. Like, stuff I'd never say in irl kept spouting out of random npcs like it was normal speak!

Gta3 memorised. Gta vc memorised. Gta sa memorised. Saboteur memorised. Sr3 memorised (those landmarks really did make it easy, plus insane colour palette and .....). Sleepy memorised.

Gta4 no fucking way. Spent 100+ hours in it and still get lost :(

Jintor

There was some serious asian cursing in Sleepy Dogs, which really put me off. Like, stuff I'd never say in irl kept spouting out of random npcs like it was normal speak!

Eh, it's about the same level of the bullshit speak in GTA or Saint's Row for my money

Asian cursing has always been way more colourful anyway

IMO Hong Kong island doesn't have as many discrete areas that feel different compared to New York. Of course, it's a lot smaller, too. The only recognisable place I found in Sleeping Dogs was Victoria Peak, the rest felt much the same and by the end of the game was still totally relying on the GPS, which was terrible. GTA4's neighbourhoods were different enough that it was easy to memorise how to get from one area easily.

Didn't help that Sleeping Dogs had you rushing all over the place from mission to mission for seemingly little point.

I don't know, to me it was just lacklustre through and through. A nice diversion, but I have no desire to revisit it. The universe is good enough (and besides things like invisible hills, pedestrians walking backwards etc is polished enough for me), just the gameplay itself needs a lot more work. I'll follow any news of a sequel with interest as I think there's promise.

Didn't expect much, and it delivered just that.

Thanks Kritz, gone to the $13 list until they patch that shit up. I can understand a mild amount of disappearance on consoles after the whole Skyrim fiasco. No excuse on PC though. Fuck that.

I am sorry to interject. But Max Payne 3 is not a Max Payne video game.

Rockstar. I hate you.
I like you.

Ill kill you last.

Max Payne 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3*... Little wonder Valve doesn't want to count to three.

*Kritz's is probably the first negative thing I've seen about Far Cry 3

Real estate agents? All communications must be via email, so sayeth Reptile.

Max Payne 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3*... Little wonder Valve doesn't want to count to three.

*Kritz's is probably the first negative thing I've seen about Far Cry 3
RPS had a mixed preview on it that people made fun of and claimed it was skewed too much due to a some of the RPS guys loving Far Cry 2.

Yagharek

I have emails of her wanting our written agreement to her verbal quotes. Quotes that were one seventh the amount of the written ones we insisted on, and received today.

Life sucks.
KZWsE.jpg

CryptiK

Got mine was the first in Kmart to get it I need an award or something.. I was then Followed by a completely stoned off his face guy who also got one , a guy whereing a club Nintendo tshirt(LOL you know the one with Mario jumping a a lot of coins) and lastly a pasty white skinny dude wearing contact lenses that only show you pupils acting all tough. It was interesting.

Also was electric shocked while plugging it in YAY.

Just some thoughts on the WiiU so far:
  • The gamepad is a fantastic piece of tech, I'm really impressed with it.

• The Zelda minigame in Nintendo land is fun.

• Console seems a bit louder compared to a PS3/360 Slim, especially the disc drive when Nintendo land started up.
I'll play some more later, I need to get the update and do a system transfer with the Wii.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
How long did the updates take? I'm having some people over tomorrow night to play it and I don't want us to spend all night running them...

worked yesterday morning. hot as fuck. working now, muggy and hot as fuck. I'm quitting today. I can't hack two jobs, once that requires me to be alert constantly and I've that requires me to be creatively on point every single day. hold me gaf

Omikron

worked yesterday morning. hot as fuck. working now, muggy and hot as fuck. I'm quitting today. I can't hack two jobs, once that requires me to be alert constantly and I've that requires me to be creatively on point every single day. hold me gaf
Didn't we tell you you were crazy? Either way, good choice.

Shaneus

Even if I didn't know where you were living, I'd know for sure that you were talking about Victoria. The humidity in my unit this morning is fucking horrid.

Time for aircon.

Aon

Amazing line from the Humble THQ Bundle text.

"Support amazing charities. Choose how your purchase is divided: to the Child’s Play Charity, the American Red Cross, and/or to THQ"

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Update was roughly an hour long to download and install, not great but not as bad as it seemed for the US beta testers.
Ah cool thank you. I need to move my tv to the lounge and buy beer, might try and do some basic setup earlier. Will I need a tv the first time I turn it on?

Rubixcuba

Banned
Ah cool thank you. I need to move my tv to the lounge and buy beer, might try and do some basic setup earlier. Will I need a tv the first time I turn it on?
It's bad that I can't remember setting it up over 9 hours ago but yeah should be good with out using tv, most of the prompts are on the Gamepad.
In the subject of beer, there should be some kind of Nintendo themed booze, would buy 10 cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom